OR - Leah Freeman, 15, found murdered, Coquille, 28 June 2000

Julie R,

WHY DID HE FAIL THE POLYGRAPH AND COME STRAIGHT TO MY HOUSE AND GO TO THE BACK YARD, PUKE HIS GUTS OUT AND TELL ME HE PASSED IT WITH FLYING COLORS????? OH YES AND HIS DAD AS WELL.

Kids his age ALWAYS leave a trail behind them? Maybe not if they have "help".

Can I ask you what you mean by " his actions after she goes missing are not what I sould see in a guilty person his age"? What actions are you speaking of? Him slamming his fist down on the table and saying "this is not admissable in a court room...you don't have sh**" after he failed the poly? Or him claiming to not see her walking? Or what actions?

Hi Cory,

I didn't see before where he went to your house and got sick, I was just thinking that someone his age would want to stay far away from everyone, if they were guilty. I guess, I am judging him by the way my own son acts when he has done something he shouldn't of and not all kids act like my son. Some of his actions the night Leah disappeared I can understand as someone not knowing all the facts in the case. From what I read in the articles at first you didn't think he was involved. I don't understand him or his parents telling you he passed the LD. I do think they should have brought another person in to test him the second time, just because these tests are not always accurate. I hope I am not upsetting you by saying this, I am just looking at it in a different way. He was seen all over town when Leah disappeared, I know there are time slots that something could have happened, but he would have had to have been thinking quick. Trust your gut feeling on what happened if you feel it was him then it most likely was. If he did have something to do with it do you feel it was an accident and he panicked? What do you make of the sneakers? It would really help if the police would release more information.

Hi Julie,

Yes. And the getting sick was only the beginning of my suspicions. After they found her body, I only saw Nick not even a handful of times. When the media went away, so did he. So your saying that you were thinking that someone his age would want to stay far away from everyone, if they were guilty is pretty much what he did. No, for about the first month to 6 weeks I did NOT want to beleive it was him. And then things began to be pointed out to me as to how he was acting. As for the polygraph......first of all, you can't MAKE anyone take one of those. Second of all, why the second test? The officer that gave him the test had been doing it for many many years. AND how do you get someone to take a polygraph when they have lawyered up since the last one? I think he was stupid to take the one he did take.....shows guilt to me even if they aren't allowed in court. As for him being seen all over town.....in my opinion he MADE himself seen all over town. It was the plan. I do not believe for one second he did this alone. It is my belief that he had help with the cover up. I am not positive of how this all happened.....I'm just giving you my points of view on (based on what I have learned about the case)what occured that horrible night. Do I feel it was an accident and he panicked? Very easily could have been just that. But that isn't how it comes out in the end. "If" in fact it started out as an accident........certainly didn't end up as one. Her shoes??? Very good question. For a long time I wondered if maybe one of the shoes were planted where they ended up. Now, I kinda lean towards the idea that perhaps there was a struggle and one came off....I guess that would be the one found here in town.
One more thing........I can see Nick not telling the truth about the polygraph. But WHY would his DAD lie about it???? Why?

Hi Cory,

What about the BB how did he act afterwards, do you still see him around town? I agree if he did it he had to have someone help in the cover up. Sadly there are parents that would do that. On the other hand if the parents didn't help and really believed he was innocent I can see them getting him a lawyer when the police kept coming to the home. If it was an accident, it sure changes things when you try to cover it up. Nick could have told his parents he passed, and that is what they told you. I know, I would have a hard time believing he was innocent when he didn't pass the LD, but they are not allowed in court for a reason. Let me say that again, I would have a hard time believing he was innocent, so I can understand, because I would feel the same way. Say he hadn't taken the test, with all the other evidence would you still think he was involved? What was the relationship like between the two before this happened? Had they been together a long time?
I truly hope that someday he would come clean and give Leah justice and everyone the peace they deserve. The really sad part is if this was an accident he could have just told the truth. ((((Hugs))))

No Julie, I have only seen BB in passing and only a handful of times. I don't know if he still lives here. I have seen his mother on a few occasions like at the gym, so some of his family is still here if he isn't. Yeah....I don't understand how ANY parent could help their child in a situation like this. Believe me, in the beginning I wanted nothing more to believe him, but too many things point in his direction. I do NOT KNOW that any parents helped anyone here, but my suspicions are high on that note. JMO. Also, as a parent, if your child told you he or she passed a poly, when in fact they didn't, couldn't you tell if they were being honest?? Surely something on his face must have told them he wasn't being truthful. With all the other evidence would I still think he was involved?? Yes. The relationship between Nick and Leah?? Aparently there had been a bit of abuse at school during the end of the year. I didn't know about it until the school year had nearly ended. I did speak to the PE teacher about it and she said she didn't think it was that bad. She didn't think I needed to make them break up. I'm trying to remember how long they had been together. I think they started seeing each other in October or November of 99. So they were together for what, 7 or 8 months. Well, off and on anyway. I made them break up because I felt he was too old for her. Then my other daughter began telling me how they were sneaking around. And I also caught them one time.

Yes you are right. If this was an accident he could have just told the truth. I pray for the day that Leah's justice is served. It may not come here on earth, but one day WHOEVER is responsible for her death will have to report to our Maker.....then the truth shall set us free.

Cory thks for the info i will re-check about the car being swapped 1x or 2x's

Man that Leah had arranged for him to pick her up seems pretty big to me ...Whys Leah deciding to go for a jog , at the very time he would be picking her up :confused: Was Leahs friend's mum the type to let him wait , if they had both been out jogging ???

Leah's seen looking annoyed walking up the rd , i always thought that was over her friend and mother arguing...But it could be because her boyfriends late , and from what i've read, thats enough for them to get into an arguement over :confused: questions question..

God Bless Corey x

JUSTICE FOR LEAH !!!!

Hey Prayerbone!
Oh you could be right about him changing cars twice. It's been 9 years and I apologize, but I can't remember everything in detail. Especially the time right around her funeral. Things just get real foggy in my head. Probably because I was in shock or something on those lines.
Yeah. See, they left the house around 4:00pm to go watch movies and then he was going to take her to visit her friend and then bring her home. Sadly enough, I can't remember what time I told her to be home.
The jogging part.......This part is very confusing to me too. It wasn't out of the ordinary for Leah to want to go jogging. AND if she had gone jogging, he would have seen her, so she probably wasn't worried about that part of it. I remember talking to Leah's friends mom about the jogging thing when Leah was still missing. She said she was under the impression that they weren't really going to go jogging. Perhaps they were looking for a party??? I don't know. But it was going to get dark soon and she didn't want her daughter out jogging in the dark. I totally understand that.
Leah's boyfriend was not late. Leah left her friends house just before 9:00 which is when he was supposed to pick her up. Why she left early is still a mystery to me. But yes, those who saw her walking claim she look angry.

Sorry - I just saw you question......was Leah's friends's mom the type to let him wait if they had both been out jogging?? I think so. I think she would have let him wait there for her to return. But my gut feeling is he wouldn't have anyway...... I think he would have just gone looking for her. But I can't be positive of that.

Well, I guess LE don't know crap!!!! Cause neither shoe was found on the way to or near the McGuffin home. One was right here in town, and the other out past where her body was located. THAT is a FACT! I do know this for sure!!!!

Cory,

I was just thinking because my son will be 18 and he just graduated high school, he also has a girlfriend that is 15 just turning 16. Two grades below my son, that is a somewhat age gap in their generation. My son has not always been faithful to this girl and it has cause some grief at times. The grief would come from girls his own age giving his younger girl friend a hard time, because they liked my son. I wonder if Nick could have been cheating on Leah and if a female could also be involved here.

It could also be that Nick was waiting outside the girlfriends house and they had a fight or she refused to get in the car with him, maybe knowing he had been high or was drinking, Leah goes off on her own.

Ok I've read the LE pdf again...Hes driving the Mustang back to pick Leah up around 9 , then hes seen by various witnesses in the Thunderbird , then a policeperson pull him over at 10.30 back in his Mustang ....But thens hes again seen "in the early mornings" back in the Mustang again....

odddddddd

Hi Cory i think the shoes my fault sorry...What the LE said was

"I would ask the court to take note the location of the last sighting of Leah in connection with the location of the shoe found on Elm street , and the location of the Hagan residence..These sightings and the location would be consistant with route to go to Haga property...

Sorry thats my fault x

Ive Edited my post 37 to reflect Cory advice thks

PS that hes pulled by LE in the Mustang at 1030 and again "in the early morning" kind of blows the idea of him not wanting to drive the car...

I must say i'm with Cory on this , theres to many holes , plus were talking two people failing the test not just the boyfriend..I think theres some involvement at the very least , i could be wrong..

The only other thing at a stretch , was the the guy driving home finding the shoe??? I'm not a dad , so maybe people do see shoes and think it belongs to a neigbourhood kid ,and taking it to the police asap doesn't scream shady does it...

Cory,

I was just thinking because my son will be 18 and he just graduated high school, he also has a girlfriend that is 15 just turning 16. Two grades below my son, that is a somewhat age gap in their generation. My son has not always been faithful to this girl and it has cause some grief at times. The grief would come from girls his own age giving his younger girl friend a hard time, because they liked my son. I wonder if Nick could have been cheating on Leah and if a female could also be involved here.

It could also be that Nick was waiting outside the girlfriends house and they had a fight or she refused to get in the car with him, maybe knowing he had been high or was drinking, Leah goes off on her own.

Yes! Exactly! I have heard many times that Nick "cheated" on Leah. I don't know if a female is involved or not. Something is telling me no. I don't know what it is but I'm thinking he did this alone. Then called for help. Of course, I have no way of "knowing" this.....pretty much just my gut feeling.

Ok I've read the LE pdf again...Hes driving the Mustang back to pick Leah up around 9 , then hes seen by various witnesses in the Thunderbird , then a policeperson pull him over at 10.30 still in the Thunderbird....But thens hes again seen "in the early mornings" back in the Mustang again....

odddddddd

Yes indeed! This whole case is odd and bizarre!!!!

Hi Corey i think the shoes my fault sorry...What the LE said was

"I would ask the court to take note the location of the last sighting of Leah in connection with the location of the shoe found on Elm street , and the location of the Hagan residence..These sightings and the location would be consistant with route to go to Haga property...

Sorry thats my fault x

Totally fine! I understand. The legal documents are hard to read and follow! I get very confused by them myself!

PS that hes driving the Mustang again "in the early morning" kind of blows the idea of him not wanting to drive the car with its blown light...

I must say i'm with Corey on this , theres to many holes , plus were talking two people failing the test not just the boyfriend..

The only other thing at a stretch , was the the guy driving home finding the shoe??? I'm not a dad , so maybe people do see shoes and think it belongs to a neigbourhood kid ,and taking it to the police asap doesn't scream shady does it...

Yes. The way I understood it was the man was just getting off work and heading home. Aparently he lives near the cemetary. He spotted the shoe, picked it up, took it home (thinking it may very well belong to one of his children) and I believe the following day realized that Leah was missing and reported it to LE. Can you imagine being him??? How awful he must have felt when he found out it actually belonged to Leah?? That must have been a horrible feeling.

oops i keep on spelling it as Corey sorry ....

Cory would it be a pain to ask you to delete my quote and the bit where you corrected me on ur post...Ive changed my orginal post,,wouldn't want to confuse people with wrong info , or it to be considered libel...

I email most wanted today got a reply , have to write to them not email but least they had to read it ;-)

oops i keep on spelling it as Corey sorry ....

Cory would it be a pain to ask you to delete my quote and the bit where you corrected me on ur post...Ive changed my orginal post,,wouldn't want to confuse people with wrong info , or it to be considered libel...

I email most wanted today got a reply , have to write to them not email but least they had to read it ;-)

Hmm....that's the first time I have deleted quotes! I think it went away!! I tried! Check it out Please???

Aww...thank you so much for emailing AMW! I understand LOTS of people are doing that!!! I (and some great friends of mine) am trying to get this case to a National level.....NOT AN EASY TASK!!!!

Hi Julie ur post were very interesting...I agree the trainer (english for sports shoes) does strike me as odd , maybe lost in a struggle??? We have no way of even knowing if its Leah's or someone else blood , though the pdf files imply Leah's...

As far as the two people of interest , the major concern i do have is that though BB failed his test he didnt bite when offered immunity , thats puzzling....

Cory i'm working from home tonight haha i'm not always glued to my pc...I read elsewhere there was some interest for another show contacting you any luck ????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back