Found Deceased OR - Malina Nickel, 29, Shady Cove, 23 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

The Dateline Missing in America story posted above has been featured on the local NBC station. I'm glad it's getting some notice. I wasn't aware of it until recently and I live in the general area.
Thanks, Lisa, for doing such a great job for Malina. :loveyou:

https://www.facebook.com/kobitv/posts/1286366991410609

https://kobi5.com/news/renewed-interest-in-search-for-missing-shady-cove-mother-51125/
Thx Lilibet. Just doing what I have learned from watching and getting feedback from the members.You were the very first that helped me learn the way of Websleuths. : )

0 days without needing a mod to fix my post. sigh.

I wanted to add there is another group on facebook for Malina that her Mom is actively posting. I posted to Websleuths but after going there and reading I asked a mod to delete.

Recent article: http://ktvl.com/news/crime-stoppers/crimestoppers-police-need-your-help-finding-missing-woman

She was last seen sleeping at her home between 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. on November 23rd.

Police have said this case has been frustrating.

"It's super hard for me to believe with Shady Cove being such a small town, that we haven't been able to locate her yet. I think that's one of the frustrating things, is the fact that it's been pretty quiet. We've talked to several people, we've interviewed several people, and nobody seems to really know anything. Like I said, we've had our stories, and we've had our rumors of things people believed happened, but nothing's panned out. We've searched areas with cadaver dogs that we were told she was at. We've searched ponds... I've actually interviewed people multiple times on names that have come up continually during the investigation," said Sgt. Scott Waldon of the Jackson County Sheriff Department.

Deputies are asking for the public’s help in finding an Oregon woman who went missing just before Thanksgiving last year.

Malina Nickel, the 30-year-old mother of two, was reported as missing from her hometown of Shady Cove on November 28, 2016.

Family members said they found her Ford Escape abandoned on Nov. 25 near the post office in Trail, a town located just north of Shady Cove.

Someone told the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office that two nights earlier they saw a man walk away from Malina’s vehicle and get a ride to a nearby gas station.

Deputies found Malina’s personal items in her home, and she didn’t tell anyone about plans to leave the area.

According to detectives, Malina was known to use drugs and had an open warrant when family members reported her as missing. At this point, they say they’re more focused on solving her disappearance.

http://katu.com/news/local/ore-woma...st-thanksgiving-deputies-ask-for-publics-help

Family found Malina's car, a white 2002 Ford Escape, abandoned near the Trail post office on November 25, 2016. A witness reported seeing a male walking away from Malina's vehicle and getting a ride to a gas station in Shady Cove on the night of November 23. The male has not yet been positively identified. Malina was reported missing by her mother on November 28. Malina's personal belongings were found in her residence and she had made no mention of leaving the area.

Detectives have followed up on numerous tips, interviewed potential witnesses, and searched specific locations. At this time, all leads received have been investigated. The process has proved challenging as most tips have turned out to be based on speculation or rumors.

http://www.kdrv.com/content/news/Shady-Cove-Woman-Still-Missing-a-Year-Later-458899173.html

thumb_Malina-Nickel.jpg

[FONT=&amp]Of particular interest is the identity of a man who was seen near Nickel’s white 2002 Ford Escape the day she disappeared outside the Trail post office, detectives said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Four people were in a vehicle that gave that man a ride to the Chevron gas station in Shady Cove, said Detective Sgt. Scott Waldon, the lead investigator in the case.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“Nobody knew who he was, and no one’s been able to identify him,” Waldon said. “It’s like he disappeared.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Waldon said that person was not seen getting out of the vehicle and could have been there by circumstance.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“If we can find out who that guy was, maybe he can explain some stuff or disprove some stuff,” Waldon said.[/FONT]
http://www.mailtribune.com/news/20171120/police-stumped-over-shady-cove-moms-disappearance

The Jackson County Sheriff's Office says 30-year-old Malina Nickel of Shady Cove left all her belongings behind when she vanished. Detective Sgt. Scott Waldon tells the Mail Tribune that Nickel is feared dead because she hasn't contacted anyone, and has not used credit cards or her phone.

Waldon says investigators are interested in learning the identity of a man who was seen near Nickel's white 2002 Ford Escape the day she disappeared outside the Trail post office.

Nickel was reported missing by her mother after she failed to report to work at a Subway sandwich shop.

http://www.chron.com/news/crime/amp/Oregon-woman-missing-1-year-detectives-seek-12374636.php

Search continues for missing Shady Cove women two years later

The Jackson County Sheriff's Office continues their search for a Shady Cove resident Malina Nickel two years later. 31-year-old Nickel was last seen at her home just before Thanksgiving in 2016.

Nickel was reported missing by her mother, after her family found her white 2002 Ford Escape abandoned near the trail post office.

[...]

"Detectives have been in contact with the family through out the investigation," Denney said. "We've worked with out search and rescue to conduct a lot of searches to follow up on a lot of leads and the family has been directly involved with that from the beginning."

Deputies said all leads have been investigated and they have been working with search and rescue teams to conduct searches at different locations in the area.

[...]

Depending on the case and information given, Rogue Credit Union will pay up to $1,000 in reward money for information leading to an arrest and filing of charges.

So sad. And repeated all across the country. Too many young children growing up without their missing mothers. :(

Southern Oregon mother Malina Nickel vanished the day before Thanksgiving 2016. Malina’s mother, Chareen, knew something was wrong when her daughter didn’t show up as planned for dinner. Malina was last seen at her home in Shady Cove on the night of November 23 by her 18-year-old nephew. At the time of her disappearance, Malina was on probation and had a warrant out for her arrest, according to the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department. Family members insist that the 29-year-old would not leave her children. This remains an open and active case but no persons of interest have been named.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

I’m doing a podcast story on Malina Nickel. If anyone would like to talk with me we can do so anonymously. I have investigators in Washington and Oregon working on the story. I would love to Talk to locals

if anyone is interested please contact me

Malina's nephew was arrested yesterday for murdering his female roommate. He then took Officers to where he had hidden her body in a very remote area. That same remote area had been previously searched via tip-line info for Malina. There is some insane banter going around on Social Media in the local area currently about this familial connection.
Praying Malina is also found soon and her family can have some closure.

Roommate charged in death of missing woman,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeydipp37
Back