GUILTY OR - Marion Co., AdmixFem Skel UP10628, Sep'12 - Maribel Gutierrez-Salinas

Found by hunters in the woods on Sept 1, 2012.
Female, aged 30-50.
partial skeletal remains
one or more hands/limbs not recovered.
Not recognizable.
Post mortm interval months.

Great facial sketch at namus link:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10628

Brown or black hair with lighter highlights

skeletal assessment places this individual with genetic admixture; morphologically exhibits some African traits and some Asian/hispanic traits. Logistic regression comes up with a "black" determination.

Dark blue bra with underwire.
Black dress pants, "NINE WEST" brand, size 12, "Lisa" style extended tab waist.
White blouse
Dark knee-length trouser socks
Footwear black shoes, size USA 10.5 (not confirmed related to case, found in the vicinity of the remains)
Jewelry Gold pierced earring, hugged style hoop

fef76a59-0f41-4a22-a1da-cbe9d0067b3d.jpg

If you're a woman who normally shops at Nordstrom, 9 West is downscale.

If you grew up shopping at JCPenney and Walmart, 9 West is upscale, and that's more or less the market they aim at -- working women who want to dress a bit nicer without paying real high-end prices.

Not that it helps, but my guess is she bought the 9 West pants at that outlet mall north of Salem (Woodburn? Woodbridge?). There are no 9 west stores for more than a couple hundred miles in any direction except that one IIRC. I don't believe Macy's, or any other dept store, carries their pants.

Not that it helps, but my guess is she bought the 9 West pants at that outlet mall north of Salem (Woodburn? Woodbridge?). There are no 9 west stores for more than a couple hundred miles in any direction except that one IIRC. I don't believe Macy's, or any other dept store, carries their pants.

I think you're right -- it's just at their own stores.

You're right - it's Woodburn. (and I stay far, far away from there this time of year!) I agree that this is a good idea of where she purchased those pants.

don't most outlets carry a different line than the retail stores? i assume they are lower quality fabrics or something and thats why they are cheaper? i am an avid outlet shopper (being a cheapskate and a shopaholic is rough) and i would say most things i buy at outlets are either labeled as such (ie Ann Taylor Loft outlet stuff says "LOFT outlet" on it) or the labels are somehow branded to denote they are outlet pieces (like i think its Banana Republic outlet items that have 3 small squares on the tags)... point being if these came from an outlet, i think it would have been part of the product description.

doesnt marshalls/tj maxx sell nine west stuff too? i am fairly certain i have tried at least nine west shoes on there...

this is probably meaningless to her identity, but thought id toss it out there

Marshall's/TJ Maxx sells whatever they can get on closeout, so I'd say yes. I also think they sell Nine West at Macy's.

ETA: And Goodwill is always a possibility.

Was there ever any confirmation Wendy Dehoop was ruled out?

The genetic ad mixture is close, clothing is similar to what Wendy was last seen in, and judging by the two x-ray's i can see in her NAMUS images it matches to UID dental chart. No mention of Wendy having a fixed bridge, but based on the two photos that are available looks like she had work done and some antemortem tooth loss.

Circumstances for Wendy's disappearance don't necessarily indicate a 1-2 hour drive/discard , but its also super weird to find a professionally dressed UID off Santiam Pass. Everytime I am near Silver Falls (which, admittedly is once in a blue moon) I am usually in travelling clothes (ie comfy pants and sweatshirt/tee) going between I-5 and Bend.

Reminds me of the recent Whitney Heichel case, in terms of behavior and circumstance (ie dispersal of property/car/victim).

If its not Wendy Dehoop, I think its likely UID is from Eugene or Salem (or somewhere between) based on location and clothing. I would guess, based on clothing alone, this was second or third location.

I have only emailed the MP side sheriff's office about the potential match and they never replied to say anything one way or another.

What about Sharell Gonzales?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13834/13

Pros: It appears (I could be wrong) that she racially fits the profile, She went missing 10 months before the body was found

Cons: Seattle is a drive, but not too far away.

Sharell's NAMUS profile seems to have been removed EmmaliLucia.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/homes/error_case_access?reason=found

Permission Error - Case Access Denied
This missing person has been found. Therefore this case is restricted to authorized persons ONLY.
Please log in to view the case.

If you believe you have received this in error, please email support@findthemissing.org with details of what was done to receive this message.
Thank you,
NamUs Team

It says that she was found. Why can't I find any news articles or something about it?

if someone came home, it is usually a private matter. there could have been personal issues which caused the person to leave to begin with, i.e. substance abuse, mental illness or getting away from an abuser. not the kind of things that anyone would write an article about in the newspaper.

I am trying to figure out where one would find an admixture like this one - seemingly predominantly black with Hispanic and Asian elements.

there was nothing in her profile that suggested a foreign birth so when I see Asian & Hispanic, I usually think Filipino which is an Asian country and former Spanish colony although Spaniards are not truly Hispanic as they are Europeans.

The UID has a complete mitochondrial and a complete STR profile uploaded now.

Maria Bolanos-Rivera has not, it says initial inquiries pending.

Marizela Perez has had
Sample submitted - Tests complete
So does Wendy Dehoop.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member