Found Deceased OR - Merrilee Cooley, 68, Clackamas, 27 Dec 2016

Here is a more detailed report, interviews by neighbor and an interview of a neighbor at the apartment complex where her car was discovered.

There was one interesting remark by the reporter during the video. Merrilee's slipper was found in the yard next to her house.
http://koin.com/2017/01/05/missing-clackamas-womans-car-found-in-milwaukie/

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
I was just thinking about her. I remember the slipper being found and this article is dating Jan. I was hoping there was new info. I believe I posted this Jan 6th.

Either way we are bumping Merrilee up to the top.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was just thinking about her. I remember the slipper being found and this article is dating Jan. I was hoping there was new info. I believe I posted this Jan 6th.

Either way we are bumping Merrilee up to the top.

Yes, I knew about the slipper in the yard but I thought it was in Merrilee's yard. But the reporter indicated the slipper was located in the yard of the house next to Merrilee. I think that's odd.

Yes, I knew about the slipper in the yard but I thought it was in Merrilee's yard. But the reporter indicated the slipper was located in the yard of the house next to Merrilee. I think that's odd.

Oh....I missed that I thought the same. Very interesting!! Good catch.

Nothing yet? She seemed so kind hearted. It makes me sad to this this case grow cold. Any updates from family or LE? Breaks my heart, really. [emoji174]

Here is a more detailed report, interviews by neighbor and an interview of a neighbor at the apartment complex where her car was discovered.

There was one interesting remark by the reporter during the video. Merrilee's slipper was found in the yard next to her house.
http://koin.com/2017/01/05/missing-clackamas-womans-car-found-in-milwaukie/

Sorry to quote my own post but if you watch the above news video, the reporter indicates that Merrilee's slipper was found in the yard next to her house. Since her Kia was probably parked in her driveway, why would her slipper be in her neighbor's yard?

The yards aren't big and if the perps came out through the door on the opposite side, maybe they crossed over the property line and that's why her slipper was found there.

Or, did the perp(s) park in the street
somewhere in front of the neighbor's house and instead of putting her in her car's trunk, she either rode in their vehicle while someone else drove her vehicle to the apartment complex 4 miles away.

Upon their arrival there, was she murdered then and then put in her trunk? Or was she put in her trunk while she was still alive?

And why take her car only to use it as a place to store her body. Unless, they were buying time before she was discovered.

As someone pointed out earlier, her truck was also parked in the driveway. If the perps didn't know her, I can't help but think that would have discouraged them.

I'm thinking she was targeted by someone she knew. They knew the 2 vehicles were hers, they would have known that her family had gone back home; they went under cover of darkness and probably during the time her oxygen machine was on. I do think she woke up as she was wearing her slippers and her walker was in the hallway.

Why didn't they just hightail it out of there? Or was it because it was someone she recognized?

Sorry for the run on. Just thinking out loud.

Disappointed in our LE here. It took them forever to take this case serious. So much time was gone until they realized foul play was suspected

Nothing yet? She seemed so kind hearted. It makes me sad to this this case grow cold. Any updates from family or LE? Breaks my heart, really. [emoji174]

Not much coverage either... and I am local

Not much coverage either... and I am local
I think at the bottom of the news coverage above, the reporter said she would keep on the case. Also, I don't think one of the women was interviewed as she was traumatized and the family either (or not for some time) as "they couldn't wrap their heads around it". They need to be interviewed or reinterviewed.
Maybe you could big her. ☆Not under the guise of Webslueths☆
You'll need to use your own name.

Sorry to quote my own post but if you watch the above news video, the reporter indicates that Merrilee's slipper was found in the yard next to her house. Since her Kia was probably parked in her driveway, why would her slipper be in her neighbor's yard?

The yards aren't big and if the perps came out through the door on the opposite side, maybe they crossed over the property line and that's why her slipper was found there.

somewhere in front of the neighbor's house and instead of putting her in her car's trunk, she either rode in their vehicle while someone else drove her vehicle to the apartment complex 4 miles away.

Upon their arrival there, was she murdered then and then put in her trunk? Or was she put in her trunk while she was still alive?

And why take her car only to use it as a place to store her body. Unless, they were buying time before she was discovered.

As someone pointed out earlier, her truck was also parked in the driveway. If the perps didn't know her, I can't help but think that would have discouraged them.

I'm thinking she was targeted by someone she knew. They knew the 2 vehicles were hers, they would have known that her family had gone back home; they went under cover of darkness and probably during the time her oxygen machine was on. I do think she woke up as she was wearing her slippers and her walker was in the hallway.

Why didn't they just hightail it out of there? Or was it because it was someone she recognized?

Sorry. Had a Coke Zero. But...

Every year Merrilee has a Christmas Eve party. Even though I don't really suspect the neighbors, I do wonder about older children, boyfriends, girlfriends, that may have come with their parents and or grandparents. It would have been a great time to case her home.

I think they (pd) should ask who all attended (by a trusted neighbor),
to include everyone over 12. I would then match those names with addresses and see if there isn't someone who lives in the apartment complex where Merrilee's car was found.

I think it has to be someone who is very familiar with the complex. (I'd also run all people who are in regular contact w/ Merrilee: Grocery deliverer, nurse health aids, physical therapists, landscapers etc.
with that apartment complex.)

Ok. I'll stop now.

That's how I missed the slipper in neighbors yard. No video. Sleeping hubby.
I think back to the party and I think of someone possibly wanting her trailer or lot in the park.(I don't know if they rent the trailers or you bring your own or both)

Well, someone took her car. But why would someone also take a lady who needs help getting around? Other than making her withdraw money at a bank, I don't see the point. I think they should check her bank transactions. What could they have been looking for?
They should definitely check, however it says wallet was left, so unless they just took out the card they arent taking her to an ATM. And if it was just a robbery why not take the wallet.

Seems odd that LE is saying she was killed and yet it looks like they left her with a way to stay well until she was found water, cookies and the car left unlocked.

She was was discovered with handcuffs attached to one wrist, a bottle of water, a plastic bag of cookies and used duct tape.

http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2017/03/missing_woman_found_dead_in_ca.html
I wonder if the cookies and water were meant to keep her alive until the car was discovered. She may have been handcuffed to something in the trunk that wouldn't allow her to get out right away. But the doors were unlocked and the keys in the ignition.

Sounds like some preplanning was involved. Who carries around handcuffs? Where did the cookies come from? Merrilee's house or the perps? I'm guessing from Merrilee's home. How about the ductape?

It sounds like she was ductaped
to keep from screaming. Sounds like she was alive when they took her out of her home and put her in the trunk.

Geez.......

Wonder what she died of-- Dehydration ? (not with a bottle of water--I'm assuming still partly full?) Hunger ? (they left cookies for her)
If the duct tape went over her nose --accident or not--- she smothered, then ?
What an awful way to go.

Does anyone benefit from her death ? Kids ? Grandkids ?
Or someone with a grudge ?

Wonder what she died of-- Dehydration ? (not with a bottle of water--I'm assuming still partly full?) Hunger ? (they left cookies for her)
If the duct tape went over her nose --accident or not--- she smothered, then ?
What an awful way to go.

Does anyone benefit from her death ? Kids ? Grandkids ?
Or someone with a grudge ?
Assuming she was able to get to the water and cookies with one hand cuffed?

She was was discovered with handcuffs attached to one wrist, a bottle of water, a plastic bag of cookies and used duct tape.

http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2017/03/missing_woman_found_dead_in_ca.html
The above article says:" She was killed, but authorities will not say how". This may be a stupid question but could "she was killed" mean
there was a definite sign of something physical to her person or could it mean she died from dehydration from being left in the trunk so long, or maybe died from a heart attack due to her abduction?

If she died from dehydration or a heart attack.....I wonder if the perps were getting nervous she hadn't been found yet. It almost seems that the effort was made to keep her alive until she could be found.
Why?

Or is it because if later found, the perps could say, "she wasn't supposed to die. We left her food and a drink until she could be found."

Maybe the cookies and water was an afterthought? Someone went back by and made sure she had something to eat or drink. Or the perp (s) stopped at a 7-11 and bought the cookies and water along the way from her place to the apartment complex.

Maybe it was someone who knew her and couldn't quite bear the thought of her getting thirsty or hungry.

I wonder if there had been an anonymous tip left on the PD
Tip line that had never been followed up on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LornaJay
Back