OR OR - Multnomah Co, UnkMale 22-30, UP13371, 'Job Master' shoes, grn/yelw striped shirt, belt, Feb’74

MadMcGoo

Staff member
Reaction score
NamUs #UP13371
https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/13371?nav

Date Body Found February 6, 1974
Location Found: Multnomah County, Oregon
ME/C Case Number: 74-269
Sex: Male
Race / Ethnicity Uncertain
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years): 22-30
Estimated Height: 5' 8" (68 inches)
Weight: Cannot Estimate
Hair Color: Unknown

Circumstances of Recovery: Skeletal remains found in Multnomah County, Oregon.

Inventory of Remains: One or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Clothing: Black leather belt; 2 dark gray/black socks; remnant of a green and yellow striped T-shirt (near the body)
Footwear: "JOB MASTER" brand shoe (on the body)

1 Missing Person Exclusions
MP20668 Timothy Aamoth 1973 Multnomah, OR

From his Doe Network page: 2573UMOR

Identifiers
Dentals: Not available.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Possibly Terry Lee Rodgers (#MP20618)?

Missing from Bend, OR on May 27, 1973 while camping, about ~3.5 hours from where the UP was found.

Age and height are in the same range and the locations aren't too far out of the realm of possibility. However, not much else to compare to unfortunately.
I’d submit.

Seems like Job Master shoes were marketed heavily in outdoor stores. Waterproof, usually made of leather, good for hiking, fishing, boating, all that outdoor jazz. Earliest ad I can find is from 1968. They seemed to have peaked in popularity the early 1970's, and the last ad I can find is from 1983.

1666667287639.png
(Ad from the Sacramento Bee, 1972)

In other words, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for Terry to be wearing those shoes while camping.

Submitting Terry soon.

12 Feb 1974, The Albany Democrat-Herald, pg 8

13 Feb 1974, Statesman Journal, pg 13

23 Feb 1974, Corvallis Gazette-Times, pg 12

Articles state that he was found at a park near the University of Oregon Medical School, if I'm guessing it would be at Marquam Nature Park

He had a "28-inch waist judging from the belt loops." I'm not sure about men's sizing but isn't 28 inches on the smaller size for a mans waist? Maybe he was of slender build?

1st two articles state his shoe size was size 10, but on the last one it's size 8, so could be either.

He was also found with blue jeans, which I don't think was mentioned in Namus or DoeNetwork

<modsnip: removed screenshots of paywalled articles>

Last edited by a moderator:
He had a "28-inch waist judging from the belt loops." I'm not sure about men's sizing but isn't 28 inches on the smaller size for a mans waist? Maybe he was of slender build?

Yeah 28 is small, it's often the smallest standard men's size available. It would indicate that this Doe was very thin, at least when he died. Probably no more than about 135 pounds (61kg), but potentially less.

Yeah 28 is small, it's often the smallest standard men's size available. It would indicate that this Doe was very thin, at least when he died. Probably no more than about 135 pounds (61kg), but potentially less.

Mr. Carbuff wears (well, used to :p) 29" waist jeans. He's 5'7" and about 140 lbs. So yeah, 135 for a 28" waist sounds about right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl
Back