OR - Photo released of Portland man who posed as police officer/abducted two women

The first link doesn't work for me.
Were the girls both raped?
How did they get away?

soyesterday--It's never been totally clear to me. Here's an article from the Oregonian right after the young women were abducted. He's bold, that's for sure. And they were fighters:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/03/a_man_posing_as_a_portland_pol.html

"Police said the man forced one of the women to take several pills.

When the car stopped, the women tried to escape. The man threatened both with a knife and physically assaulted one of them. One woman was able to escape and ran toward a residence in the area. The residents called 9-1-1. As the Marion County Sheriff's Office responded, the second woman broke free and hid in the area....."

Scary as heck, IMO. He would not accept "NO" from these ladies. One young woman screamed at the other to run for it and she did and begged mercy from a homeowner in the area. The man needs to be found.

The first link doesn't work for me.
Were the girls both raped?
How did they get away?

I've seen this episode on AMW twice. Below is a link to the AMW story.

The girls managed to escape before he raped them, I believe. At least they don't say that he got that far.

After they id'd his picture, a tipster called the local LE and id'd the individual and he was already wanted for a rape of a minor, under 14, and not registering as a sex offender.

The last I read he'd escaped to another state and they had found his abandoned car.

HTH,
fran

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=71863

Paul Evans Winklebleck

Hellish Escape Unfolds In Oregon

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<story at AMW at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Fugitive Paul Winklebleck Still Wanted Three Years After Kidnapping Two Portland Women

_cfimg2500057947196805727.PNG

_cfimg-4998601882156609322.PNG

Winklebleck is a white male, approximately 5'11" tall, and has a stocky build. He has reddish brown hair that is short and thick and also a thick goatee and mustache. He was last seen wearing a camouflage or hunting type of shirt or jacket and a matching hat. He also has a tattoo on his upper back "Combative for God."

http://www.portlandoregon.gov/police/news/read.cfm?id=3797

Could he have gone to Canada? How is he making a living without having changed his identity or getting caught doing something illegal to get money by now. .

http://koin.com/2014/12/31/human-remains-to-tested-could-be-wanted-fugitive/

Forensic testing will soon be conducted on a body found in Marion County earlier this month that may be the remains of a man wanted for kidnapping two women in downtown Portland in March 2010, according to family members of the wanted fugitive.

Paul Evans Winklebleck is wanted on felony warrants for kidnapping, criminal impersonation, assault, attempted rape and robbery, police said. He is also wanted for child sex abuse and failing to register as a child sex offender...

According to Marion County Sheriff spokesperson Sgt. Chris Baldridge, skeletal remains were found Dec. 11 by hunters on Cook Road Northeast near the town of Turner. He said investigators have determined them to be from male aged 35 to 40 years old.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n.../2014/12/marion_county_sheriffs_office_6.html

Skeletal remains of a man found in a field near Turner are being sent to the University of North Texas for identification...

"We're not confident enough to say that it's him,'' Baldridge said. But Baldridge said the remains were found in the area where the Winklebleck investigation took authorities four years ago.

As far as I can tell Winklebleck was given 100 months in 1999. He looks to have served the entire time as it looks like he got out in early 2007. I see no probation violation until the incident of kidnapping and assault. Presumably, he was complying with the probation requirements until that evening. There's a couple of kids who I've found with names that must be connected with him in the Portland area--same middle and last name. There's also a woman with the same last name who might be a former wife or sister.

I don't know where he'd be going inland as I don't see any past record of him living there or family. BTW, he's 42. If they catch him, he'll have lots of charges slapped on him. The girls weren't minors, however, they are reported to be in their "early twenties".

Clarkston, WA is about 350 miles from Portland and there's only one road. windy and narrow 84 which follows the Columbia River. It shocks me that they haven't seen him if he's still in his original truck. I haven't read of them finding the truck ditched. My guess is that he's heading into far Eastern Washington or Idaho to hole up.

Hmmmm ... I'm in the Tri-cities, WA .... ugh, he might be in my area. Is there a link to the truck in the thread? I must have missed it.

OOPS .. .never mind, just saw this was awhile back ....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back