OR OR - Portland, Columbia River, WhtMale 20-35, UP9992, very tall, Sz 13 shoes, clothes, May'95

What about this guy? http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1170dmca.html

Robert Carl Rock
Missing since May 3, 1995 from Millbrae, San Mateo County, California.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: June 17, 1968
Age at Time of Disappearance: 26 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'3"; 160 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Straight brown hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Scar on left eye, previously fractured right hip in three places including ball and socket, a knot on his forehead and a fractured jaw. Psoriasis on knees, elbows.
Dentals: Gaps in teeth. Dental X-rays Available.
Clothing: He was last seen wearing a blue and red Pendleton shirt, dark blue cotton slacks and white hi-top tennis shoes with black trim.
Medical Condition: History of schizophrenia requiring Lithium and Respiradal.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Rock was last seen on May 3, 1995 in Millbrae, CA. He told his father he was going to church and would return in one hour.

I noticed this UID has another thread here. Could the two be combined? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?292138-OR-Portland-Multnomah-County-WhtMale-2658UMOR-20-35-extremely-tall-May-95

I wish that we had more information about Larry Shane Kelley, even if his coloring isn't a consistent with this UID or the other very tall balding UID in Lakewood, CA (www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?217675-CA-Lakewood-WhtMale-UP3990-25-35-Shot-by-Armored-Car-Employee-Mar-89). The missing person doesn't appear to be in NamUs, the Doe Network, or the Charley Project. Even though "Douglas Baker" doesn't appear to be balding, I wonder if Larry Kelley is a possible match? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?80930-NV-Las-Vegas-WhtMale-%28UP8137%29-25-35-Alias-quot-Douglas-Baker-quot-from-Orlando-Feb-87

Hi, first time posting on websleuths so I apologise for any errors. This case has been bugging me ever since I stumbled across an image of a John Doe who was found in a Multnomah County river in 1995. Being 6"6 tall, I easily found the only missing person from Multnomah who was that height: Curtis Neal Harvey. They look pretty similar in my opinion.

Curtis' NamUs Profile: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
John Doe on IG: (NSFW picture of decedent, be warned) Login • Instagram

Similarities between the two:
  • Height
  • Age range
  • Both wearing black Levi Jeans
  • Eyes (hazel/brown)
  • Hair colour
Differences/Issues:
  • Curtis had a prosthetic ear. Not mentioned on John Doe.
  • Curtis had a tattoo on his right shoulder of Yosemite Sam.
  • Curtis had scars on his hips.
  • Where was Curtis for two years? The body of John Doe had only been deceased hours prior to it's discovery.
A tip was sent to the authorities in May but I have not received a response.

Definitely looks like it could be the same person, given what little there is to go by. Would be hard to tell from the morgue photo whether one is a prosthetic ear.

I guess I'd send the information to the Multnomah County Coroner and not just to the Sheriff. You should also make a thread here:

The Unidentified

and there are helpful people here on WS who hang out here:

Missing Persons Resources

You could post a general question on that last forum, I bet people would know more about what to do that I do,

Hi, first time posting on websleuths so I apologise for any errors. This case has been bugging me ever since I stumbled across an image of a John Doe who was found in a Multnomah County river in 1995. Being 6"6 tall, I easily found the only missing person from Multnomah who was that height: Curtis Neal Harvey. They look pretty similar in my opinion.

Curtis' NamUs Profile: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
John Doe on IG: (NSFW picture of decedent, be warned) Login • Instagram

Similarities between the two:
  • Height
  • Age range
  • Both wearing black Levi Jeans
  • Eyes (hazel/brown)
  • Hair colour
Differences/Issues:
  • Curtis had a prosthetic ear. Not mentioned on John Doe.
  • Curtis had a tattoo on his right shoulder of Yosemite Sam.
  • Curtis had scars on his hips.
  • Where was Curtis for two years? The body of John Doe had only been deceased hours prior to it's discovery.
A tip was sent to the authorities in May but I have not received a response.

Missing Person Case (namus.gov)

The height is off by a couple inches. Hazel eyes can look both green and brown. There is definitely some distance between where he's from and where the UID was found but...Eric was last seen in 1992. The look similar to me. Just throwing it out. So many missing people and so many NamUs accounts with barely any information.

Missing Person Case (namus.gov)

The height is off by a couple inches. Hazel eyes can look both green and brown. There is definitely some distance between where he's from and where the UID was found but...Eric was last seen in 1992. The look similar to me. Just throwing it out. So many missing people and so many NamUs accounts with barely any information.

There is more information about Eric H. at the Doe Network, and if it's accurate, it rules him out. But thank you for taking a look at this case. 5460DMIN - Eric Joseph Humbert

Humor me, and take a look at Bennett Wall, please:

1653431250789.png
image from linked thread

Mr. Wall is over 6' tall, missing since 1981.

jmho ymmv lrr

UP9992 has 4 MP exclusions listed on NamUs:

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #David Glanz
Date of Last ContactJanuary 01, 1989
StateAL
County--

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP17959David Boniske
Date of Last ContactJuly 23, 1977
StateWA
CountyThurston

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP13430Tyrom Theis
Date of Last ContactFebruary 10, 1994
StateOR
CountyMultnomah

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP7121Dale Darrow
Date of Last ContactNovember 22, 1990
StateOR
CountyDouglas

1 Exclusion Added:

1994 - Jordan Smith MP79273 San Diego, CA
1677523880204.png

Post mortem photograph has been removed from Namus, still up at DoeNetwork

1677524551606.png

Columbia River flows westward near Portland.

Do we know the possible circumstances? If it was a suicide he may have unfortunately gone off one of the bridges in Portland. If he entered the water earlier it could be possible he was from Washington.

I also wanted to add - Portland started getting a higher transit population in the 90's as people from neighboring states started seeking social programs that may have not been available to them. I know people who came as far as the midwest, even the east coast simply because winters on the west coast were more survivable if you were unhoused. He may not have been from the area.

I'm not sure if his tooth was gapped or if that happened post mortem, but he looks like an older version of Warren David Hawkins (MP91604) to me. He would have been about 30 in 1995, so in this UP's estimated age range.

1677526160947.png1677526177080.png

He was last seen in July of 1986 in Kelso, WA so very nearby. It's about under an hr drive.

1677525909345.png

However, Warren isn't listed nearly as tall (6'2") and there's the matter of time between.

I'm not sure if his tooth was gapped or if that happened post mortem, but he looks like an older version of Warren David Hawkins (MP91604) to me. He would have been about 30 in 1995, so in this UP's estimated age range.

View attachment 405834View attachment 405835

He was last seen in July of 1986 in Kelso, WA so very nearby. It's about under an hr drive.

View attachment 405833

However, Warren isn't listed nearly as tall (6'2") and there's the matter of time between.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back