Identified! OR - Portland, Hisp/NtvAmFem UP10421, 17-25, Jun'12 - Mayra Cruz Rodriguez

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/03/double_murderer_mark_beebout_c.html

"Evil acts such as yours are not forgivable," said Nick Otting, uncle of Nikayla Powell, a 32-year-old woman Beebout strangled in her Southeast Portland apartment. "Sometimes I feel I can't go on," said Claudia Rodriguez, the mother of 15-year-old Mayra Sophia Cruz Rodriguez...

Multnomah County Circuit Judge Eric Bergstrom sentenced Beebout, 40, to two consecutive true life prison terms, meaning no possibility of parole, under a plea deal...

Beebout pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated murder.

If this is not the appropriate place to put this entry, please forgive my newbie ignorance and perhaps remove it to where it should be.

I saw this case presented on a docudrama, true-crime program called "Wonderland" that was originally aired on 6/5/18 with the episode title of "Pacific Terror". I was not impressed with the program and only watched it because the crimes represented took place in the city I grew up in, Portland, Oregon.

Of course I was very much saddened to hear about this poor young girl's murder, and truly disgusted by the monstrous and kind of haplessly creepy sex-offender who perpetrated it. But I could not help being fascinated by the extremely unusual, actually bizarre, condition in which her body was found.

Mayra Rodriguez's body was found hidden in undergrowth off a forest path in Washington Park, a very large forested park in Portland. According to the program, her body was enormously peculiarly decomposing, in that, the lower aspect of her body showed no indications of decomposition at all, while the midsection had progressed to the point that her ribs were, at least, partially exposed. Her head, however, was completely skeletonized with no flesh remaining at all.

According to the program, no explanation for this unusual order of decomposition was ever identified.

I'd li

If this is not the appropriate place to put this entry, please forgive my newbie ignorance and perhaps remove it to where it should be.

I saw this case presented on a docudrama, true-crime program called "Wonderland" that was originally aired on 6/5/18 with the episode title of "Pacific Terror". I was not impressed with the program and only watched it because the crimes represented took place in the city I grew up in, Portland, Oregon.

Of course I was very much saddened to hear about this poor young girl's murder, and truly disgusted by the monstrous and kind of haplessly creepy sex-offender who perpetrated it. But I could not help being fascinated by the extremely unusual, actually bizarre, condition in which her body was found.

Mayra Rodriguez's body was found hidden in undergrowth off a forest path in Washington Park, a very large forested park in Portland. According to the program, her body was enormously peculiarly decomposing, in that, the lower aspect of her body showed no indications of decomposition at all, while the midsection had progressed to the point that her ribs were, at least, partially exposed. Her head, however, was completely skeletonized with no flesh remaining at all.

According to the program, no explanation for this unusual order of decomposition was ever identified.

I'd like to know if anyone has heard of such a thing before and if anyone has any idea of how such an occurence could happen. I really can't imagine how the forensic people involved with the case could just shrug their shoulders and let it go--if, indeed, that's what happened

The body was found in July, I believe, so the weather doesn't explain the lack of decomposition to me.

Thanks for reading and especially for responding. I just can't stop thinking about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back