OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 July 2013 - #3

BBM
Hi OUOTP! :seeya: It's good to see you and thanks for having the sharp eyes to catch this story.

I just searched all four threads (including media thread) for Shady Cove and came up empty except for the posts since yesterday. I've been here since almost the beginning and I don't ever recall Shady Cove as being in play. You must have heard from someone privately, but there was no public info that I have found about Ames, Stephanie and Shady Cove. I will keep looking though. I never heard about Ames' friend there until yesterday on FB. It's certainly possible he took her there in the time he had, but he knows the mountains around Ruch so well, it seems unlikely to me. It would be smart if he had, especially if the friend there has bunkers (FB rumor), but I'm going to curb my enthusiasm for now, while hoping this is the break needed.

Lilibet, Is there any special news tonight in OR? The Stephanie FB page had a notice on it. Can you let us know.

Lilibet, Is there any special news tonight in OR? The Stephanie FB page had a notice on it. Can you let us know.

There was nothing connected to Stephanie that I could see. As someone mentioned on her page, there was a fire at a residence in Shady Cove. It's not connected to the remains that were found, I'm sure. We have no further information about the remains. It takes time (months or more) to identify them, assuming there is even a NamUs listing and DNA on file as there is for Stephanie. Waiting is hard.

http://www.kdrv.com/news/Red_Cross_To_Aid_.html

Thanks Lilibet for checking on it. The FB post has since been removed. Unfortunately, bad info was given to the moderator of the FB page.

I'm on my phone and having trouble with quotes. This is in regards to the comment directly above... I think there would be a news article after a family was notified of a positive ID because an investigation would be public. There are many potential reasons why results haven't been made public. Who knows, maybe they truly aren't available yet or if they are... Maybe releasing results to the public might endanger an active investigation. Sit and wait, wait and sit...
I came here in hopes of something, anything, new to post to Stephanie's page on this anniversary. I guess, once again, there is no new news :(

I'm on my phone and having trouble with quotes. This is in regards to the comment directly above... I think there would be a news article after a family was notified of a positive ID because an investigation would be public. There are many potential reasons why results haven't been made public. Who knows, maybe they truly aren't available yet or if they are... Maybe releasing results to the public might endanger an active investigation. Sit and wait, wait and sit...
I came here in hopes of something, anything, new to post to Stephanie's page on this anniversary. I guess, once again, there is no new news :(

Oops, I wasn't clear. Yes, if it is Stephanie, I'm sure it would be big news. I was thinking more that if it's someone no one ever heard about from out of the area, it's possible it would never make it to the news. For example, if it was clearly suicide or natural causes. On the other hand, there could certainly be a story in that case saying it wasn't Stephanie, since her case is high profile locally.

I doubt that the results are available yet. I've seen it take many months in other cases. It's always so hard for families hoping their loved one has been found.

At the 35 month anniversary, it's good to know that there are locals and others besides Stephanie's family who are still interested and hoping for news.

:rose:

Here is the full Crimestoppers post about Stephanie. The new case number I mentioned in the previous post refers to the case number to reference for Crimestoppers not LE.

The phone number to call or text with a tip for a reward of up to $1000 is 1-800-850-0580. Refer to case number KTVL 062816 or KMED 062916. Those are the call letters of local TV and radio stations.

http://www.ci.medford.or.us/Files/Stephanie Warner - missing 3 years.pdf

Here is the full Crimestoppers post about Stephanie. The new case number I mentioned in the previous post refers to the case number to reference for Crimestoppers not LE.

The phone number to call or text with a tip for a reward of up to $1000 is 1-800-850-0580. Refer to case number KTVL 062816 or KMED 062916. Those are the call letters of local TV and radio stations.

http://www.ci.medford.or.us/Files/Stephanie Warner - missing 3 years.pdf

290b8a33a47cae91c898b314a26d5e01.jpg

Thank you Lillibet!
#FindStephanie
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Search for Stephanie Warner Continues into Third Year

This is a well done and thorough story about Stephanie by Natalie Weber at KOBI-5. Before moving to San Antonio, Roma Villavicencio asked Natalie to continue covering the story. Thank you Natalie and Roma!

As for their most recent leads, Henderson’s releasing few details, so as not to compromise the investigation. But the detective does have a message for Ames. “This case is not closed, it’s not going to be over with anytime soon, we’re going to see this through, we’re going to make an arrest, and do the right thing, and tell us where she’s at.”

Video at the link with Stephanie's sister Sharon and Detective Eric Henderson.

https://kobi5.com/news/local-news/search-for-stephanie-warner-continues-into-third-year-30687/

Hugs for Stephanie's family and friends. :heartbeat:

It's the morning of July 4th here in southern Oregon. Three years ago today, Stephanie left her home in Ruch to drive to Ashland, about 40 minutes away through the beautiful countryside over two lane roads. Her volunteer group, the Jackson County Fuel Committee, had a float in Ashland's popular parade. Stephanie would meet the float at Triangle Park on Siskiyou Blvd and walk alongside the float as it made its way down Siskiyou Blvd and Main Street through downtown. I'm sure she was excited. The parade is high energy and the sidewalks are lined with Ashland and Rogue Valley locals and visitors in lawn chairs or on tarps, placed the night before to save a spot. No one would think of moving someone's chair and taking their place. It's that kind of town.

The parade starts with a jet flyover and is noisy with music and cheers the whole route. The JCFC float had chain saws revving, representing the wood they cut for low income families. Stephanie's boyfriend, Lennie Ames stood on the float holding an axe. His son and his then-dil, who lived in Ashland at the time, provided the music...electric guitar and singing. I expect that Stephanie got them all the gig. Stephanie walked the route alongside the float, keeping an eagle eye on things.

After the parade, they went to beautiful Lithia Park, where the street is lined with booths selling food and fun or representing organizations. JCFC had a booth and Stephanie wanted to stay to help dismantle it, but Ames and family wanted to leave. Witnesses saw the argument that Stephanie lost. After dropping the son and dil off, Stephanie drove home with Ames in her car. They stopped in Medford for gas and made a purchase at a quick stop market. That is the last time we know of that anyone but Ames saw of Stephanie.

Stephanie's day of fun, excitement and generously volunteering was her last. When she didn't make her nightly calls to her mother and best friend, they wondered, but thought she might have gone camping. Puzzlement turned to concern which turned to alarm. The search was on within two days. Stephanie has never been found.

The local news reported almost daily. Her thread here on WS started quickly. It was busy with many sleuthers, making maps, digging into Lennie Ames' life, trying to figure out where he might have left Stephanie. We got to know and care deeply about the vibrant and generous woman who was Stephanie. The first two threads are an exciting read. WSers did much to keep Stephanie in the news as the story faded in the months to come, and now years. There isn't much left to say any more, except to keep a monthly vigil for Stephanie and support her elderly mother and siblings in New Orleans. We didn't expect it to turn into years, but here we are.

Where is Stephanie?

:rose:

This is excellent coverage yesterday of Stephanie's story by KTVL. The video shows a heartfelt plea from Stephanie's sister Sharon. Detective Henderson explains that it wouldn't be fair to Stephanie's family to just go make an arrest without a solid case. They are still trying to build a case for trial and hoping anyone who knows anything will come forward.

http://ktvl.com/news/local/three-year-anniversary-of-stephanie-warner-disappearance

YouTube video of the Jackson County Fuel Committee float July 4, 2013. You will see Stephanie walking alongside in black jeans and pink tank top, Lennie Ames standing on the float in a white shirt, and his son and dil playing guitar and singing.

Warning: lower your volume!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NtqZfRMGFOw

I'd like to thank everyone who has participated in this thread, liked it and read it over the past three years. Stephanie is dear to my heart because she is just a few months older than my daughter. I can't imagine the pain Stephanie's mother is feeling. Stephanie was a unique, complex, intense and caring and beautiful woman. She deserves to be found and returned to her family. She was a victim of domestic violence, and Justice requires that her killer boyfriend be tried and convicted, along with anyone else who participated in covering up evidence. I will stay on this thread until that happens, keeping a vigil so that no one forgets Stephanie.

To mark this third anniversary of Stephanie's disappearance, I'd like to start a roll call. If you stop by today or in the next week or so, please say approximately where you are located, along with anything else you want to say about Stephanie or to her family. It would mean a lot for them to know that strangers still care, and it also makes this vigil less lonely. Please join us. I'll start in the next post.

Remembering Stephanie and sending hugs to her Mom, family and friends today from Southern Oregon. I will not forget your beautiful Stephanie. :heartbeat:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77
Back