Orange County Sheriff says: Stop leaking news to media.

As far as I know, documents are not made available until the defense has had a chance to review them. None of the documents would be available to any of us (at all and how sad because there are so many cool cats on this forum) at all in any sense had not JB fought the gag order and the Judge had granted his motion. Therefore, hence, ergo, the blame for all of this darning information coming out and biting the defense is because the defense got what they asked for. Which...imo...any responsible decent attorney would have pled this out by now. JB might as well be the one injecting her when she gets the DP. She picked the wrong state for this. Too bad...so sad.

bold is mine.

I'm with ya! :clap:

Could you please show one example of a leak that could logically have come from anyone on the defense "side". These leaks came before the defense had any access to the docs and would only serve to taint the jury against his client. He'd have to be on a suicide mission and the As would not leak anything like that even if they did have knowledge before it was released to the defense. This reasoning doesn't hold water. The leaks serve the purpose of implying the accused is guilty and then they turn out to not be true at all, mostly. That's why I won't just believe any news article. I wait for the real docs to form my judgments.

ETA Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Motion to Delay Judge's ruling on the Video I'm rather uncomfortable adding this example of a source close to the investigation because I know his heart is in the right place, leading so many tireless searches for missing persons. But, it is a good example of information being given inappropriately, and it coming from LE, not from the defense. I also think the information given to him was false, after reading TU's account of what happened. It was her hands that were red, sounding like she was reacting with hives, a normal stress response when one hears her child may have been found dead. But reading the public reaction to this information you can see that the red face was picked up and run with, being used to show her embarrasment at being caught "red handed" or guilt which is simply not the case, according to the eye witness account from Officer Uncer.

This is one that IMO came from the defense side...:) or at least this is the truth..we heard that Dr Lee found 17 hairs...but that wasn't exactly what happened...no surprise to me :)

Posted by Hot Dogs here..[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3449479#post3449479"]2009.03.12 Casey Anthony Motion Hearing - Page 34 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] post 844

Quote:

The docs can be maddening to follow and try to understand. It looks like both OCSO and Lee missed hairs that were later found. It may have been Lee's visit that caused OCSO to re-examine things in which they found hairs that both of them had possibly overlooked.

Back in August, OCSO found 7 hairs on various liners and covers that are part of the trunk furnishings (this is not the "white bag" trash). Then Lee shows up in November, looks at the "white bag trash", looks at the liners and covers from the trunk, and finds a hair in the trunk itself. The liners and covers had already been removed from the trunk, so when Lee looked in - the trunk was already stripped of all this stuff.

While Lee was there, three hairs were found amongst the trash. It says that "we" found this evidence.

About 1.5 hours after Lee leaves, OCSO begins checking stuff again. They find 14 more hairs on various trash, liners and covers.

It seems that Lee found one hair, and his visit prompted the finding of 17 more.

M Baden repeatedly said on GVS that LE knows who Caylee's father is based on DNA. Defense leak? As far as we know that is not true. I thought at the time he was insinuating that LA was the father which would have worked in favor of the defense.

LOL. You go girl! Yeah, he was part of the defense for a couple months! I'm sure there will be some excuse, someone else to blame.

That's a mighty big speculation. Documents are only released AFTER a media outlet has made a request for the documents to the SA. This does not mean in any way shape and or form that the public receives discovery at the same time the public does or anywhere near the time the defense receives it. It could be very possible that the defense could have "leaked" this information, just as much as the prosecution. Or it could be from someone not even related to the case. Unless there are provisions on who handles the discovery then a third party aiding in the production of the documents could have leaked the information.

Suffice it to say, the Defense has no reason to whine about "leaks". FL has unusual state laws that provide these documents be released to the public. Had the defense not opposed the gag order in this matter this would be a moot point. They didn't so IMO they loose their right to whine about it now.

Not to mention some of the most damning information has come directly from JB's own mouth.

The media is requesting PUBLIC INFO that can be requested because of the Sunshine Laws. After the defense gets it, then it can be requested. It's considered public info. It's not considered public info, just because the media has it.

As far as I know, documents are not made available until the defense has had a chance to review them. None of the documents would be available to any of us (at all and how sad because there are so many cool cats on this forum) at all in any sense had not JB fought the gag order and the Judge had granted his motion. Therefore, hence, ergo, the blame for all of this darning information coming out and biting the defense is because the defense got what they asked for. Which...imo...any responsible decent attorney would have pled this out by now. JB might as well be the one injecting her when she gets the DP. She picked the wrong state for this. Too bad...so sad.

A Gag order would not effect the document dumps. It just means that they couldn't talk about the case. Not even about the documents, etc.

Another words, we get the documents and the JB or CA couldn't go in front of the TV cameras and talk about the case, documents, etc. They and the LE would be gagged.

That's a mighty big speculation. Documents are only released AFTER a media outlet has made a request for the documents to the SA. This does not mean in any way shape and or form that the public receives discovery at the same time the public does or anywhere near the time the defense receives it. It could be very possible that the defense could have "leaked" this information, just as much as the prosecution. Or it could be from someone not even related to the case. Unless there are provisions on who handles the discovery then a third party aiding in the production of the documents could have leaked the information.

Suffice it to say, the Defense has no reason to whine about "leaks". FL has unusual state laws that provide these documents be released to the public. Had the defense not opposed the gag order in this matter this would be a moot point. They didn't so IMO they loose their right to whine about it now.

Not to mention some of the most damning information has come directly from JB's own mouth.

Bold mine.

ITA. The man just can't seem to "shut it". :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awb1903