Oscar nominations

Peter O'Toole will win the Best Actor Award--Please give Peter O'Toole an Oscar before he drops dead!--The 73 year old Irish actor survived a bout with stomach cancer 30 years ago,and gave up drinking....I mean, supposedly gave up drinking lol--Anyway he's made some great films over the years--check out Lord Jim (1965)--GO PETER O'TOOLE

Hez said:
I was really glad to see Ryan Gosling and Djimon Hounsou nominated. I was also glad to see that Beyonce wasn't nominated. :)
--Who the heck are they? :)

Ryan Gosling is soooo hot. I saw Half Nelson, it's a pretty good indep. flick. He's the dude from the notebook!

englishleigh said:
I'm a big Kate Winslet fan. She has been nominated so many times but has never won. I'm sure this likely won't be her year, either. She is phenomenally talented and I am mystified why she's been, metaphorically speaking, the bridesmaid so many times but never the bride. :waitasec: I used to think it was b/c she is British, but so are Dame Judi Dench and Helen Mirren, etc. I know she tends to shun the Hollywood scene most of the time, so maybe that could be a reason.
She's very young. If this isn't her year, she's get an Oscar someday!

Peter Hamilton said:
Peter O'Toole will win the Best Actor Award--Please give Peter O'Toole an Oscar before he drops dead!--The 73 year old Irish actor survived a bout with stomach cancer 30 years ago,and gave up drinking....I mean, supposedly gave up drinking lol--Anyway he's made some great films over the years--check out Lord Jim (1965)--GO PETER O'TOOLE

I second this. I don't care about his drinking and haven't seen the movie. But the fact that O'Toole has never won a competitive Oscar is an outrage!

ljwf22 said:
They're out! The nominees:
Best Picture: "Babel," "The Departed," "Letters From Iwo Jima," "Little Miss Sunshine," "The Queen."

Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio, "Blood Diamond"; Ryan Gosling, "Half Nelson"; Peter O'Toole, "Venus"; Will Smith, "The Pursuit of Happyness"; Forest Whitaker, "The Last King of Scotland."

Actress: Penelope Cruz, "Volver"; Judi Dench, "Notes on a Scandal"; Helen Mirren, "The Queen"; Meryl Streep, "The Devil Wears Prada"; Kate Winslet, "Little Children."

Supporting Actor: Alan Arkin, "Little Miss Sunshine"; Jackie Earle Haley, "Little Children"; Djimon Hounsou, "Blood Diamond"; Eddie Murphy, "Dreamgirls"; Mark Wahlberg, "The Departed."

Supporting Actress: Adriana Barraza, "Babel"; Cate Blanchett, "Notes on a Scandal"; Abigail Breslin, "Little Miss Sunshine"; Jennifer Hudson, "Dreamgirls"; Rinko Kikuchi, "Babel."

Directing: Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, "Babel"; Martin Scorsese, "The Departed"; Clint Eastwood, "Letters From Iwo Jima"; Stephen Frears, "The Queen"; Paul Greengrass, "United 93."

Any favorites? Any surprises?

i've only seen The Devil Wears Prada, & Meryl Streep was great as usual...i'd love to see her win best actress...i like Kate Winslet also, but haven't seen Little Children yet..

lots of good movie's out on DVD, i've noticed......

JBean said:
I so rarely go to the movies it is a miracle I have seen any of these lol. The couple I have seen this year reflect a record high for me!

lol, same here...i've seen one of them, & i rented it ...although my youngest son & i try to see the 'good' horror movies, at a theatre....

Nova said:
I second this. I don't care about his drinking and haven't seen the movie. But the fact that O'Toole has never won a competitive Oscar is an outrage!
I third it! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back