Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #67 *Appeal Verdict*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha Ha! "I have lost all of my assets and only possess my personal assets" i.e. this is not considering my overseas accounts for which I have to thank Carl and Oldwaddage who promptly showed up at the scene of the crime and removed the thumb drive from my safe which contained all relevant account information.

BBM:

WTH does that mean? His clothing? He is such a liar.

Kay BurleyVerifizierter Account ‏@KayBurley 3 Min.Vor 3 Minuten
Bail for #Pistorius is 10,000 Rand = £457

10000 South African Rand equals
928.707 Canadian Dollar

What happened to all of his offshore assets... the ones that his bro and counsel were so quick to remove evidence of from the safe at his house the morning of the murder?

I wanted to tear my hair out when I saw the convicted murderer smiling when he heard he could travel up to 20kms from the mansion. Bet he was thinking, "I always win". That was probably one of the reasons why he and Roux were smiling together in LaLaw's pic. I hope that smile gets wiped off his face for good if he goes to the ConCourt.

OMG! People can sometimes pay more for traffic violations!!!

You would think we all were watching a satirical court show!

I got a red light camera ticket a few years back in Los Angeles.. almost 500 bucks, and I didn't even run anyone over.

Ok I have not watched the live broadcast but how could Judge not factor in the family's huge financial resources, family's holdings in S.African countries( some with no-extradite agreements) and family access to private charter planes? Why on earth would submission of passport mitigate against any of that?
If personal circumstances are not really taken into account - why bother with this charade?

Hey CW-- judging by the smirk on his face, I don't think Oscar even feels the need to abscond. Bail restrictions not exactly onerous either. Relieved of community service work duty as well!

I had previously posted a link to this site which states that Mozambique does not have an extradition treaty with SA, but both Judge Judi and I have since found "more official" documentation that it does. Not 100% certain though-- but anyway, Pistorius and his family are above the law so they will feel privileged to do whatever they want anyway. And yes, no passport required for Uncle Theo's private charter service.

http://www.answers.com/Q/What_countries_have_no_extradition_treaty_with_south_Africa

Now, can anyone explain why Nel didn't oppose bail?

I wanted to tear my hair out when I saw the convicted murderer smiling when he heard he could travel up to 20kms from the mansion. Bet he was thinking, "I always win". That was probably one of the reasons why he and Roux were smiling together in LaLaw's pic. I hope that smile gets wiped off his face for good if he goes to the ConCourt.
Good luck to the now working-for-free Roux trying to prove OP's constitutional rights were breached. Haha.

Ok I have not watched the live broadcast but how could Judge not factor in the family's huge financial resources, family's holdings in S.African countries( some with no-extradite agreements) and family access to private charter planes? Why on earth would submission of passport mitigate against any of that?
If personal circumstances are not really taken into account - why bother with this charade?

AND I recollect JJudi posting the Roux interview where he says that OP spent literally every last rand " shirt off his back". Now obviously I never believed article BUT how has he got hold of 10k rand then?

None of his family members turned up. What's that - don't want to be seen with a convicted murderer?

bib
it really is a farce...
is this ossie's weekly pocket money from uncle arnie? maybe they will invest it in a 15 year savings bond for him.

I just posted and then hit delete. I thought it was a bit rude, but you know how it is sometimes, and this is one of those times.

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan 4m4 minutes ago
#OscarPistorius: the Appeal Court effectively denied me the right to a fair trial...

You know, JJ, sadly I'm thinking he will always win.

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan 1m1 minute ago
#OscarPistorius: I have no history of violence @eNCA

Good luck to the now working-for-free Roux trying to prove OP's constitutional rights were breached. Haha.

I don't think it is a strong case at all-- in fact, I would be surprised if they even hear the case. (How do we find that out? Who actually grants official leave to appeal? When will we find that out? Or did this judge just grant them leave to appeal to CC??)

Anyway, I think it is a last ditch effort to buy OP more time at home. I don't think the CC court will consider the SCA erred on those matters. It worked between Roux and Masipa but the SCA disagreed and gave cogent reasons why. Roux is still trying to obfuscate issues of subjective PPD and objective (rational) knowledge of lawfulness. THIS is what the legislators need to clarify and what other legal pundits have written about. DE needs to be a 3-prong test that includes the rational knowledge of lawfulness/unlawfulness. It's like a dangling participle (anyone have a better term??) now.

Arriving for bail hearing

Attachments

• Arriving.jpg
    Arriving.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 78
I just posted and then hit delete. I thought it was a bit rude, but you know how it is sometimes, and this is one of those times.

Ha! I was responding to that post so I know which one you are talking about. It was not rude, IMO. It gave me a much needed chuckle even though there has been nothing even remotely funny about the court appearance today, your comment was.

*He only has 'assets' in his underpants when he is holding a gun loaded with black talon bullets.
And I don't mean the circular sort of assets.

*Sorry, JJ. I probably shouldn't have responded to a deleted comment.

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan
#OscarPistorius: my release on bail will not induce a sense of shock or outrage @eNCA

OMG! People can sometimes pay more for traffic violations!!!

You would think we all were watching a satirical court show!

Agree - how is 10k rand appropriate when Barry Roux's fees are astronomical? It was reported two years ago in SA press that his fees were 35k rand a day for trial appearances.

Who has ever really believed that Roux is not being paid/doesn't expect to be paid forhis services

I think I'd better go now. Thank you all for the updates. I did manage to see the live part after the recess. Makes me feel sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500