Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #68 *Appeal Verdict*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What made the tweet more believable imo is the bit in the book, https://books.google.ca/books?id=WIKBAwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false "One Tragic Night: The Oscar Pistorius Murder Trial
By Mandy Wiener, Barry Bateman" about RS, OP and FH, from P.40-43 and then all the tampering from P.362-367. Though if in fact the tweet had been doctored, it makes one wonder why and by whom(more Hulk work to point fingers in a different direction?).

bbm
(more Hulk work to point fingers in a different direction?)<------- why not?
IF CP did, then with success: the first news were all about the Rugby player, certainly within the meaning of OP ...

Absolutely, just the ones we have heard mentioned:
Erin Stear ( on the Prosec witness list) flirtations whilst seeing Reeva;
Baby Shoes Jenna Edkins - 13.2.13 phone contact;
chatting up blonde in the night club who gave him the brush off;
and yes, Leah Skye Malan the 19 year old.

Compulsive & needy character and all very familiar.

Even this OP book describes his approach to relationships with women as "hysterical"
or as per DM comment " A nut case."

No woman wants to marry him. :crazy: Erin and Jenna did find some better.

BIB - what do you mean 'if anyone's'? The phone was removed. Unless it spirited itself away, deleted its own contents and then synced itself with a PC - someone had to have done those things. So what do you mean 'if anyone's'?

Your two scenarios aren't credible from my own point of view as you're looking for the least likely options and choosing those all the time. Part of OP's BS involves trying to persuade the court of his 'deep' love for Reeva. "She went to bed loved that night" - well, before she was chased to the toilet and shot dead, that is. But the likelihood is that OP himself knew whatever was on that phone either a) proved his 'love' for Reeva was a load of old crock, and/or b) proved he'd murdered her. Whatever, that information should have been available to the court so that ALL the facts were present, and not just the ones OP hadn't managed to hide.

Why would CP take it upon himself to trawl through the phone and decide what was and wasn't sensitive when OP already knew what was on it? I don't understand why you are looking to absolve OP of every single little thing. Everything points to his calculated and callous attempt to pervert the course of justice from the second he murdered Reeva.

I am not looking to absolve him of every tiny detail. I am just saying that there are other perfectly viable explanations for the phone -wiping that don't have to stem from an instruction from Pistorius.

Okay...
Eg. CP is aware of his brother's friendship (?) with jenna edkins and thinks it best to check the phone for messages between the two, knowing it won't look good in court if it can be suggested that this relationship was evidence that his brother might have been cheating on Reeva.

Or...
Eg CP knows his brother has famous contacts/sensitive information/personal photos etc on the phone. Suspecting that some of that info might get leaked by someone within the police for the right sum he decides to wipe the phone.

There is no way of knowing whose (if anyone's) idea it was to take the phone let alone to wipe it.

bbm

He doesn't think of others, IMO. He would have deleted (told CM to please delete) only texts which would have contradicted his :innocent: innocence, IMO.

I am not looking to absolve him of every tiny detail. I am just saying that there are other perfectly viable explanations for the phone -wiping that don't have to stem from an instruction from Pistorius.
And I'm just saying that your scenarios do seem like you're trying to absolve OP of everything. The likelihood of OP's brother taking all that upon himself is so remote as to be nigh on impossible. He couldn't know what OP wanted to keep (stuff that couldn't be replaced for example) and yet you're saying he alone could have made the decision to remove a phone that OP hadn't asked him to, and then to delete all the content - with no input from OP. What do you really think those odds are, seriously.

I'm hoping the ConCourt denies leave to appeal and that he returns to the High Court and is given a sentence that reflects the gravity of what he's done. It's too bad the SCA isn't handing out his sentence.

BIB, why would we be hoping that the CC denies his leave to appeal. Surely as a citizen of SA, he is entitled to challenge the current ruling unless you feel he doesn't have any rights under the constitution.

If you are confident that the SCA verdict is right, why worry, Oscar will just be throwing his money away or are you worried that there is a glimmer of hope, that he has an appealable case, hence the hope that his appeal is denied?

Bit of gossip from today's D.Mail - apols if this has already been posted

Austrian woman says Oscar Pistorius flirted with her for months online while awaiting trial for killing Reeva Steenkamp... but broke off all contact when he was convicted

texts printed in the article itself

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mp-broke-contact-convicted.html#ixzz3ufxGTgAQ

That's all this is, gossip. It's funny how people will jump on any negative article about Oscar as being the gospel but deny anything that might be positive as being a PR move by the family.

I wish I knew the answer to that myself. My understanding, such as it is, is that the SCA felt that the High Court would be best placed to impose the sentence as Masipa was the Judge during the entire trial and had seen all the witnesses testify. I don't know if this is always the case. All I can say is that I don't like the idea of Masipa sentencing him one little bit. I hope she takes heed of Judge Leach's closing words at the end of the Judgment as, to me, it seemed like he was imparting a message to her that she should take account of the SCA's findings. Would she be brazen enough to ignore them ... we'll have to wait and see.

Yes, looks like we're going to do much wait and see...Grrh.......Because Masipa is to be called out-of-retirement for the sentencing, I wondered why she wasn't called back to handle the recent Bail Hearing, as well.....I'm wondering if a retired Judge can refuse to re-take the Bench??

bbm
(more Hulk work to point fingers in a different direction?)<------- why not?
IF CP did, then with success: the first news were all about the Rugby player, certainly within the meaning of OP ...

One of these days I may actually watch the movie, "The Town" with Ben Affleck http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0840361/ just to see if it holds any clues to OP's mindset that night, assuming he/they may have watched it ... it's the last retweet left on his twitter from before the murder.

"Oscar Pistorius Retweeted
M-Net Movies &#8207;@mnetmovies 13 Feb 2013

Tonight&#8217;s #OscarMonth movie is The Town which is written, directed and stars Ben Affleck. http://ow.ly/i/1vYVi
58 retweets 139 likes"

So you are saying that it&#8217;s perfectly viable that CP turns up at what must have been a most distressing and dreadful scenario, his brother has just killed someone, and suddenly the idea just pops into his head that he must search for his brother&#8217;s mobile and illegally remove it from the crime scene just in case there is something on it that in his opinion might incriminate his brother so he will have to delete it.

You cannot be serious!!!

And I'm just saying that your scenarios do seem like you're trying to absolve OP of everything. The likelihood of OP's brother taking all that upon himself is so remote as to be nigh on impossible. He couldn't know what OP wanted to keep (stuff that couldn't be replaced for example) and yet you're saying he alone could have made the decision to remove a phone that OP hadn't asked him to, and then to delete all the content - with no input from OP. What do you really think those odds are, seriously.

Iirc wasn't the cell phone shown to have been synched with an account(ie. the Hulk's?) where everything could have been moved to another hard drive and then wiped without actual loss of the data since it would be saved on the other device?

I did find it disturbing that even though Botha had said that they had recovered both i-pads, laptop/s?, and the cell-phones from the crime scene, apparently that didn't actually happen. Not sure if that was due to the confusion over him getting nixed or the seeming directions from higher up that prevented it, but when the IT guy(Moller) apparently only had info from cell phone records from the data provider to work with, it surely raises questions for me as to just what was being kept on the down low and why.

Not that I think it absolves OP, instead it just goes to enforce further the notion that he murdered RS because he was scared for his life and she was the threat. He had already involved her at least in the whole "accidental" shooting at the restaurant, I wonder what else she had become privy to that was never to have seen the light of day? Perhaps things she had finally drawn the line at and was trying to make her exit?

What made the tweet more believable imo is the bit in the book, https://books.google.ca/books?id=WIKBAwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false "One Tragic Night: The Oscar Pistorius Murder Trial
By Mandy Wiener, Barry Bateman" about RS, OP and FH, from P.40-43 and then all the tampering from P.362-367. Though if in fact the tweet had been doctored, it makes one wonder why and by whom(more Hulk work to point fingers in a different direction?).

that link doesn't lead to any sample pages for me. maybe to do with my location [uk]. christmas is coming, might ask santa for the book...

that link doesn't lead to any sample pages for me. maybe to do with my location [uk]. christmas is coming, might ask santa for the book...

I've the same problem here in GER. :) Wanted also to buy, but no e-book available.

That's all this is, gossip. It's funny how people will jump on any negative article about Oscar as being the gospel but deny anything that might be positive as being a PR move by the family.

The biography I'm reading is very favourable to OP.

I don't know whether this is gossip or not so I don't know how you know. It may well be the truth as it sounds very familar.

I don't like fake, I don't like lies, I don't like feigned religiosity at all - just simple. AND I don't like murder.

When OP had an intensive flirt with Anastassia Khozissova (being still the boyfriend of Samantha) then it was all respect and admiration for him. He could get a Super model, wow! Now there are other times and his catch is an Austria woman, WHILE he was "fighting for his life" at the trial. Stuff for readers.

If you think that's how my posts come across, of course you are entitled to that opinion. However, the fact that I have said very clearly that I am not trying to absolve him of every detail should hopefully go someway to reassure you that that is not how I intend my posts to come across. Just for the sake of clarity, I will reiterate that I am not absolving him of every detail, but neither am I going to condemn him for every detail without exploring alternative explanations.

You say CP couldn't have known what was important... I would suggest that if he knew about his brother's communication with jenna edkins he would know that might be important. Or you could be right - how could he know? - Hence the total wipe. Or maybe OP mentioned to CP about his phone call to Jenna? Or maybe OP told him to wipe the phone? Or maybe he decided to save everything as backup and it was accidentally wiped (as has been suggested here or elsewhere). The wider point is.. We can only guess as to who decided to take the phone and why they took it and why it ended up getting wiped.
Pistorius as clear -thinking criminal mastermind is not the only option.

Why is it almost impossible that someone who hasn't just killed his girlfriend might be thinking comparatively clearly enough to do something that he feels might be in the best interest of his brother? I say comparatively because if he did decide to take the phone it was a stupid thing to do - so could well be the result of someone who wasn't thinking completely straight.

Perhaps some whatsapp msgs between him and his old buddy FH about RS? Re this tweet:

View attachment 85889

Ohh, I remember when we sleuthed that tweet way back when. I recall a poster, at that time, pointing out that FH could hardly have tweeted (at 10:59PM, Feb. 13th) about the four shots as poor Reeva was still alive at that time.

Ohh, I remember when we sleuthed that tweet way back when. I recall a poster, at that time, pointing out that FH could hardly have tweeted (at 10:59PM, Feb. 13th) about the four shots as poor Reeva was still alive at that time.

Which is why I suggested it may have just been a joke on FH's end(four could have been a random number, he could just as easily said 3 or 6 etc so why not 4), given that he and RS had been an item just days before OP hooked up with her and apparently he hadn't been too happy about it, at least initially. That doesn't mean that OP may not have seen it(they allegedly had been laying in bed looking at their i-pads together) and literally went ballistic over RS still having a relationship of any kind with FH. It's often the one with a guilty conscience that gets the most upset when they suspect others of doing to them that they have or are doing to those with whom they're upset and he had just been texting/talking to "babyshoes".

If you think that's how my posts come across, of course you are entitled to that opinion. However, the fact that I have said very clearly that I am not trying to absolve him of every detail should hopefully go someway to reassure you that that is not how I intend my posts to come across. Just for the sake of clarity, I will reiterate that I am not absolving him of every detail, but neither am I going to condemn him for every detail without exploring alternative explanations.

You say CP couldn't have known what was important... I would suggest that if he knew about his brother's communication with jenna edkins he would know that might be important. Or you could be right - how could he know? - Hence the total wipe. Or maybe OP mentioned to CP about his phone call to Jenna? Or maybe OP told him to wipe the phone? Or maybe he decided to save everything as backup and it was accidentally wiped (as has been suggested here or elsewhere). The wider point is.. We can only guess as to who decided to take the phone and why they took it and why it ended up getting wiped.

Why is it almost impossible that someone who hasn't just killed his girlfriend might be thinking comparatively clearly enough to do something that he feels might be in the best interest of his brother? I say comparatively because if he did decide to take the phone it was a stupid thing to do - so could well be the result of someone who wasn't thinking completely straight.
BIB - So in none of your scenarios is OP guilty of directly tampering with evidence, either because his brother took the decision to do it without being asked to, or because OP wasn't thinking straight? The scenario where OP knows exactly what he is doing and what he needs to hide isn't even an option? This is why the posts come across as trying to absolve him of everything, because even in a situation where his own phone is removed and wiped, you still try and shift the responsibility onto someone else, never him! As you know, I think he's as guilty as sin (having followed the trial every day and listened to the evidence) so him destroying evidence and trying to avoid justice for Reeva is just what I'd expect someone of his slimy character to do.

Maybe not the only option, but the most likely option given his cowardly and devious character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500