Other Similar Cases

I checked too and can't find anything either.

I see that there are quick jumps from one geographic area to another. It makes me wonder if a crime was committed just prior to these moves (attempt or otherwise).

I don't see the carnival link making sense when it comes to Iowa for Feb and April timeframes - as no carnivals take place here during those times of year...brrrr :)

Got a call from a MCPD detective asking for more info. He wanted to know if I had any info that placed Welch in Prince William County around the time that Triggs was abducted. I don't but told him I would contact him if I came up with anything. They are definitely looking into the possible connection.

Hollye

Got a call from a MCPD detective asking for more info. He wanted to know if I had any info that placed Welch in Prince William County around the time that Triggs was abducted. I don't but told him I would contact him if I came up with anything. They are definitely looking into the possible connection.

Hollye

They should find out what traveling carnival was in town when Lisa disappeared. IMO they probably could get that information quicker than we can and it could lead to Welch's possible involvement. From the timeline we don't know where he was from 1985 - 1987. The coincidence shouldn't be ignored.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

I wonder if Welch was ever working in Ocean City Md as a carnival operator at the boardwalk in 1981. I seem to remember a person by the name of Barbara Bushnell was murdered in September 1981 in Ocean City. She had been working at the ice cream stand called Dumsers Dairyland. There were flyers disbursed all over the Ocean City area at the time with descriptions of two people. I can not remember the descriptions of the people the Coean City police were looking for. Though I think the description of one of the persons was black or latino. Over the years I heard one person was arrested but I never read or heard anything in the news. I tried googling info about this and the only thing that came up was the location of Barbara Bushnell's grave site in Maryland.

I googled his harrisburg address.

He gave the State Police Headquarters as his address! So who knows where he was living?

They are searching for the Lyon sisters in our neighborhood. My cousin and I were up there for a few hours and watched the search and rescue team go in and out of the wooded area.

This brings to light the guy that spotted the girls in the back of the station wagon in Virginia. I wonder if any of the Welch family suspects owned a car described in the sighting.

9/17/14 press conference - Bedford County, VA. The press conference is held by the Montgomery County Police Major Crimes Division and other involved law enforcement agencies, reference the investigation into the disappearance of sisters Katherine (age 10) and Sheila (age 12) Lyon:

[video=youtube;YoLR3x2bdCQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoLR3x2bdCQ[/video]

Better audio of press conf:

[video=youtube;LppVSQBYQLY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LppVSQBYQLY[/video]

Here is a link to the Websleuths Cold Case section about the abduction and murder of Eileen Kelly (age 18) in December 1974.

This occurred only three months before the disappearance of the Lyon Sisters.

Eileen lived in Hyattsville and attended Church there. She left her job in Washington DC to take a bus to Hyattsville to meet her father. The two of them planned to go to look at a new car and arrange a loan for her to buy it. Something anybody would not want to intentionally miss or be late for. She never made it.

Nine days later, her body was found just west of Hyattsville, inside the Washington DC line. She had been held alive for at least 8 days before being killed.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...gton-DC-December-1974&p=11463360#post11463360

The following link is to an older 2006 article about the case:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dna-evidence-could-break-unsolved-1974-homicide/article/78154

I realize that the age group is different, but someone mentioned Eileen Kelly, who was murdered in late 1974, just a few months before Sheila and Katherine went missing. Her proximity to the Welches in Hyattsville is just too weird. I grew up on 43rd Ave in Hyattsville and we'll remember the Lyons girls.

Not a lot out there on Eileen Kelly, but I did find this from an old DeMatha High School newsletter.
Thirty five years ago, Mike McQuillan '69 was not long into his career with the Prince George's County police force. Mike had grown up in Hyattsville and his younger sister was best friends with a girl named Eileen Kelly. Kelly, whose brother Sean would graduate from DeMatha in 1978, was working for the Department of Justice in Washington, DC in 1974, commuting from her parent's home in Hyattsville each day by bus. She was 18 years old.

On the afternoon of Dec. 13, Kelly was supposed to meet her father at the bus stop near her home and the two of them were scheduled to go out and pick up a new car. But Eileen never made it to the bus stop that day. She wound up missing for what turned out to be nine days, when her lifeless body was discovered in a rundown lot in DC not far from the old Catholic Cemetery in DC called Mt. Olivet.

An autopsy later determined the cause of death as strangulation. It also revealed that Kelly had not been dead too long before her body was discovered on that unforgiving morning, just three days before Christmas of that year.

The murder sent shock waves through the Hyattsville community and St. Jerome's Church, where the family had long been parishioners. The news also reached Mike McQuillan, who called up his supervisor and told him of his ties with the Kelly family. Even though he was not a detective, McQuillan was transferred to the homicide division to assist in the investigation. He worked feverishly on the case until it was formally turned over to DC police, who had jurisdiction since the body was discovered in the District.

spcagrl, that is VERY interesting!!

Could LLW2 have taken the bus that day that Eileen did that day??

He did NOT own a car that we know of and I DON'T THINK there has been much discussion on here about LLW2 riding a BUS and what crimes could have come from THAT!!

Another thing that KEEPS POPPING UP IS--WHAT IS IT ABOUT A NUMBER OF CASES THAT KEEP SHOWING DATES BEFORE A HOLIDAY??

It just DAWNED ON ME, could LLW2 have RESENTED THE HOLIDAYS--as a TIME FOR FAMILY TO BE TOGETHER??!!

With the Lyon Sisters, IT WAS JUST DAYS BEFORE EASTER AND THEIR BIRTHDAYS!!

Could it be a CONTROL ISSUE involved with LLW2?

It sounds like LLW2 did NOT have a happy childhood,
especially if it is true that HE WAS IN THE CAR the day his father, LLW1 was driving, perhaps drunk and crashed--killing his mom.

I TRULY BELIEVE that has had a HUGE IMPACT on his OUTLOOK on life and his mental state.

NO CHILD should have to grow up under those conditions.

However, as an adult, it sounds like LLW2 MADE EXTREMELY BAD CHOICES, which did not help his life.

I would think that LLW2 and RAW1 should be looked into, based on the TIMING in 1974, and all of them living VERY close to each other in Hyattsville.

Thank you spcagrl!!

This gives a possible PATTERN that the POI'(s) in this case may have been following!

I TRULY HOPE that the solving of THIS CASE may also lead to solving what happened to Eileen Kelly and MANY others!!

Eileen Kelly

The abduction and murder of Eileen Kelly in December 1974 is an active homicide case being investigated by the Washington DC Metropolitan Police. It is mentioned on another thread "Possible Connections" here on the Lyon Sisters topic, and Eileen has her own thread in the "Cold Case" topic as well.

The current case officer has been made aware of the possible connections with the Lyon Case and is following the Lyon case very closely. Hopefully, he has been in contact with MCP and PG county police regarding the possibility of Eileen's case potentially being linked to persons in Hyattsville, MD.

Just my own personal opinion here, but I see more possible links between Eileen Kelly's murder and Lloyd Welch, than I do with what is publicly known regarding his possible connection to the Lyon Case. I wonder if LE has ever questioned him about Eileen.

Lloyd lived on Baltimore Ave which is a main road leading from Washington DC into Hyattsville. Both he and Eileen were 18 years old, and Eileen also lived in Hyattsville. Could their paths have crossed at school, at church, or at any kind of local event?

The fact that Eileen was last known to be riding on a bus from downtown DC to Hyattsville (where she lived with here parents) is another strong factor, since we know that the bus was one of Lloyd's main methods of travel back then, and also that he worked and traveld through DC at times.

Eileen was aparently held captive for up to nine days before she was brutally murdered. Her body was dumped inside the Washington DC line, but was very close to Hyattsville, MD in Prince Georges County. Since she was initially reported by her parents as missing, it started as a missing person case within the jurisdiciton of PG county. But when her body was found in DC, the case was transferred to Metropolitan Police.

It is possible that DNA evidence might exist in Eileen's case, which could be compared with potential suspects at some time, and since it is known that she was abducted and murdered, a much stronger case against any suspect could be made.

The fact that both Eileen's murder and the Lyon Sisters' disappearance occurred so close to holidays is noted. If this pre-holiday violence is indeed a common link, perhaps other similar crimes will turn up which might be connected as well.

image.jpg

heres a pic of her......older, I know, but a certain type......

Thanks Richard, I should have known you would have the low down on this! Going to look up her thread in Cold Cases!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back