Outburst during JS hearing!

Actually, they're living on the street because the public does not want to fund treatment/medication/treatment teams and housing to help them lead a productive fulfilling life. Thank god we are past the times when a person would be thrown into an institution and forgotten. Taking a person's rights away is a serious thing and mental illness is no reason to do that. I doubt a short stay at a psychiatric hospital would have averted this tragedy, merely would have postponed it.

G0d, I love you! I so totally agree! :blowkiss:

I was looking for this thread and finally found it!! (I posted this at the Sidebar thread as well ) Elizabeth R. was arrested again for passing bad cheques.

uxpir.jpg

http://www.pcsoweb.com/InmateBooking/SubjectResults.aspx?id=1459639

Not directly tied to Elizabeth Rodgers, but true mental illness... and ties in with the mental illness discussion above.

A young woman who wanted to help
Killed by a man she was working with
A man who had a family who tried to help him
While she was working with him alone.

Things like this make the people who fake mental illness anger me even more.
This is a REAL issue and people die everyday because of it.

A Schizophrenic, a Slain Worker and Troubling Questions

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/17/us/17MENTAL.html

Actually, they're living on the street because the public does not want to fund treatment/medication/treatment teams and housing to help them lead a productive fulfilling life. Thank god we are past the times when a person would be thrown into an institution and forgotten. Taking a person's rights away is a serious thing and mental illness is no reason to do that. I doubt a short stay at a psychiatric hospital would have averted this tragedy, merely would have postponed it.

Well said and very sad.

Man this makes me sooooo angry.

I worried for days about the 'little one at home' after that - DH kept telling me not to worry, not to worry, DSS would go make sure he was ok and with people who would take care of him.

That lying (ugly adjective-ugly adjective, four letter word, four letter word, air blue over head)................man I don't want to loose my membership here or earn a TOS.........so .............ARRRGGGHHHHHH:maddening::maddening::maddening::maddening::banghead::banghead:

Man this makes me sooooo angry.

I worried for days about the 'little one at home' after that - DH kept telling me not to worry, not to worry, DSS would go make sure he was ok and with people who would take care of him.

That lying (ugly adjective-ugly adjective, four letter word, four letter word, air blue over head)................man I don't want to loose my membership here or earn a TOS.........so .............ARRRGGGHHHHHH:maddening::maddening::maddening::maddening::banghead::banghead:

I have worried about the child at home also but what are you referring to here? I think I missed something. Did she lie about having a child?

I have worried about the child at home also but what are you referring to here? I think I missed something. Did she lie about having a child?

The child had been taken from her from child protective services.

Not directly tied to Elizabeth Rodgers, but true mental illness... and ties in with the mental illness discussion above.

A young woman who wanted to help
Killed by a man she was working with
A man who had a family who tried to help him
While she was working with him alone.

Things like this make the people who fake mental illness anger me even more.
This is a REAL issue and people die everyday because of it.

A Schizophrenic, a Slain Worker and Troubling Questions

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/17/us/17MENTAL.html

Thank you for posting this. I have worked in the field and have often been aghast at the demands made and the dangers imposed on residential care workers, who are often working for extremely low wages. As well as the risk that the community is often put in. It's extremely frustrating.

She lied to the judge.

She said she hasn't seen her toddler for three months. "I miss him so much. It drives me crazy, because I love him so much. That her son is in her parents' care because of her mental condition.

Why am I not suprised?

Now she's in jail on bad check charges? oops - no money in her commisary account. Can anyone come to her rescue - NOT.

MOO

Mel

Source: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...says-she-meant-to-call-the-defendant-a-killer

I didn't read the entire thread, so forgive me if this has already been posted.... :newhere:

This woman made me so mad to throw out these mental illnesses like they're an excuse for her behavior. People suffering from Bi-polar, ADHD, depression, PTSD, etc do not behave like this when they're on their medication. I don't even believe this type of behavior is consistent with any of these disorders. I wish the judge would've been more strict with her, given the fact that she claimed to have taken her medication that morning, 6 AM. Given that, she should've been able to conduct herself in a normal manner.

And, I couldn't help but wonder about this 'domestic' case she was here for, was she stating her husband was beating her?

I have my doubts that this woman wasn't acting for some suspicious reason, and was no accident that she ended up there at the js.

I wonder if she has a dual diagnosis, both MR and MH. If she has some level of retardation as well, that could explain her outburst. Sometimes mentally challenged persons are very impulsive and do not think of the consequences before they do what they do, but people with mental health problems are the same way, and medication does not always control it even if they are taking it... other things can trigger an outburst.
I worked in the MHMR field for several years, and worked closely with a young man who had mental health issues, but otherwise was fairly intelligent. He upended a long table at a pizza place one night during a group outing because someone said something he didn't like. No one was injured, but I don't think we would have been welcomed back. He should have been placed in anger management therapy long before that, but to my knowledge, he was not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back