Outraged Dad says school duct-taped son's baggy pants

Jeana (DP) said:
I'm not about to accuse you or anyone else of a crime. LOL I was spanked and I have decided to not use that form of discipline for my own children. They don't seem to be any worse for not getting hit. They know how to respect people just fine. To me what a spanking says to a child is "I don't know what else to do, so I'm going to hit you." Not a messageIever needed to give to them.
Ah, now my kids know that a swat is reserved for the things that they did that could have caused them to be hurt. It's the "WAKE UP,YOU NEED TO PAY ATTENTION BECAUSE THIS IS IMPORTANT." punishment. Only had to use it once on each when they ran out into the parking lot after getting out of the car. Funny....never had to use it again, but they know it's there.

But back to the topic. Under wear is UNDER wear, not OUTER wear. It's not supposed to be seen in public. And the rules are the rules. You don't like 'em, homeschool your kids. What would happen if we all drove at 105 miles per hour, and did not observe any right of way? Shall we send all the kids to school in their skivvies, since there is nothing wrong with them showing? :D You think any teenage boy would get ANY work done?

Txswthrt5 said:
I think it is unacceptable for the administrator to ask the child to lift his shirt, if the offense is not apparent unless the child lifts his shirt up, there is no true offense. I thought this same thing when I was in Jr High, and in order to check that my skirt was long enough, the female AP directed me to bend over so she could make sure nothing would show - total BS. If the offense can be seen by anyone, under normal circumstances, then yup - time to change, otherwise - leave it be. I am not a big fan of the baggy pants, baggy shirt look, but that is why I dont wear them.. To each their own. :twocents:

I agree. When I was pregnant and beginning to show, I didn't have the $ to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe in maternity cloths. So I bought a length of thick elastic and used it like a belt, only I left the zipper and button of my pants undone. My maternity shirt covered it all and never once did anyone ever see my underwear. I'm sure there were rules against showing your underwear at my workplace too but God help the person who would have dared ask me to lift my shirt so they could look to see if my underwear would show if I lifted my shirt up...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back