PA PA - Alicia Markovich, 15, Blairsville, 26 Apr 1987

Good day. Does anybody here know if there are historical reenactments of the Civil War or American Independece War in the area near Blairsville or Windberg? If so, are they celebrated in dates close to Alicia's dissapearance?

Just wondering if Alicia could be another Larry Hall potential victim, since LE believes he traveled as far as Buck County (PA) from his home at Wabash (IN), and both Blairsville and Windberg are in that route.
As far as I know they don't have any historical reenactments in Blairsville or Windber. On Route 40 in Farmington, (on the Maryland/PA line I know they have in the past at Fort Necessity Battlefield. But Windber isn't too far from Route 219 which can lead to Farmington in a round about way.

The only other place I know of the reenactments is in Gettysburg PA (my son goes to college there)

Missing for over 35 years...

alicia_bernice_markovich_6.jpg

Alicia Markovich, age 15

I love to see so much renewed attention for Alicia's case. Job well done! What would be the next steps to get this case solved? Is the case officially reopened? Are there new searches for her body?
Thank you Bit of hope! We are trying our hardest to see justice for Alicia and hope to bring her home one day! Next step I would think would be the Father since he is the last person by admission to see Alicia alive... How there hasn't been something even circumstantial put in place is beyond my comprehension... We do believe Alicia's case is officially being looked into, but has always been open... Last I hear there was a search to happen but haven't heard anything more...

A pretty young girl, perhaps impulsive due to her age, but in no case did she deserve an ending like this. Could her father be or have something to do with it? I have the impression that yes... maybe it's not even how he told it about her, maybe he went crazy and acted violently against her...
rest in peace

June 12 2023
1686682322334.png
''Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers said Alicia Markovich was initially classified as a runaway but police believe she was murdered, most likely on the day she was last seen.

Crime Stoppers said Markovich, who lived in Windber with her mother, was visiting her father at his home on Dunn Avenue in Blairsville on April 26, 1987 when they got into an argument. Her father told police she abruptly left. Believing she was going to a friend's house, he told her to be back by 8 p.m.

She was never heard from again.''

''Anyone with information is asked to call state police's Indiana station at 724-357-1976, call the Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers at 1-800-4PA-TIPS or submit a tip online.''

Constandly updating Alicia's website!! Visit for all the current and past news articles and more!!

On Sunday, April 26, 1987, 15-year-old Alicia Markovich disappeared from her fathers home in Blairsville. She was visiting him while living with her mother Marcie in Windber. Her father, John Markovich says they had a fight and Alicia was angry when she left. He is the last person to see her.

“Parents get mad at their kids, kids get mad at their kids, they hash it out or whatever. Sometimes they don’t talk for a few hours, and then they patch things up, or whatever...” says John Markovich, in a 1987 interview.

Investigators say 99.9% of cases like this one, the runaway calls somebody, a friend or a relative. But nobody has heard from Alicia since. Her mother, Marcie Vitko, in 1987, also spoke to our station saying “You just don’t know what to think because like I told you, she likes the comfort of home, you know? And we’ve never been apart like this.”

Because of the case being transferred between investigators, Vitko says she thinks the move may have hurt the case. She says believes someone hurt her daughter, saying "I think there was foul play.”

A 35 year remembrance was held in April of 2022. People who knew Alicia gathering at Windber stadium. They also have social media accounts, and a website about Alicia's disappearance.

Now Vitko and Alicia's good friend, Alaina Norton say they have receivedsomething big that they hope will “bring Alicia home.”

“One of our other members reached out to Crime Stoppers and gave them the story, and Crime Stoppers has now donated a five thousand dollar reward for any information going forward.” says Norton. She says they hope someone will come forward with answers to where Alicia is.

Jan 26, 2022

alicia_bernice_markovich_6.jpg

Alicia Markovich, age 15
Missing since 26 April 1987
  • Missing Since 04/26/1987
  • Missing From Blairsville, Pennsylvania
  • Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 02/20/1972 (51)
  • Age15 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A white crop top with three stripes colored red, yellow and blue, jeans and white sneakers.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Alicia's ears are pierced.
LINK:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back