Found Safe PA - Ambrose Klingensmith, 7 weeks, & Makias Palmer, 3, taken, Washington Cty, Sept 2019 *danger*

There are previous allegations and there are current.

UPMC ER doctors likely questioned the injuries and continued questioning as their reports didn’t align with what was being reported by the family. The parents are aware of what abuse questioning looks like from prior incidents so even if they were not directly told CYF (Allegheny county CPS)/childline/police would be called, the parents were probably already suspicious.

UPMC (I’m in area and field, I do not have details regarding this case) typically does not leave a child alone with the parents once abuse/imminent danger has been considered though so I’m wondering what occurred when they actually left the hospital.
Thanks for the info, and this makes total sense. Maybe they got spooked that they suspected something and ran? But why go to the hospital in the first place where they are definitely going to be caught?

Daemon Klingensmith’s parents sat down w/me to make a plea for the safe return of their grandson, 7-week-old AMBROSE KLINGENSMITH, their son, JEANNETTE FUNNEN & Funnen’s 3-year-old son.Police say Ambrose’s parents fled after being questioned about bruising on the infant #WTAE

5B778201-F638-43A0-B620-2C495D12A348.jpeg B09EE96A-D9A1-4868-92DC-475CAE1BF6F4.jpeg 31B2287B-E458-4743-9180-612DAB4A93C7.jpeg

Marcie Cipriani on Twitter

West Mifflin police charge parents of missing newborn

Police said they were told by Allegheny County’s Office of Children, Youth and Families that Ms. Funnen has had two other children removed from her care. Details were not included in the complaint. Police also said that she has a history of providing a “false narrative” about her family history and has been suicidal.

Video

"This is killing me, it really is," said Kimberly Klingensmith, Ambrose's grandmother.

The infant was taken from UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh by his parents after they were told their son had injuries consistent with child abuse, according to court documents.

A medical report detailed in those documents alleges Ambrose had several bruises on his stomach consistent with finger marks that were "highly concerning for physical abuse." Court papers allege those marks had a "patterned injury" that were inflicted and caused the baby "substantial pain.

There might have been a mistake made," said Eric Klingensmith, Ambrose's grandfather. "There was definitely a bruise. I don't believe the bruise happened because anybody was trying to hurt the baby. What we heard was the baby was in the hospital because it wasn't going to the bathroom and that he was supposed to massage the stomach to try to help the bowel movement and I'm hoping something in there happened.

Kimberly and Eric Klingensmith said they have started proceedings to foster both Ambrose and Funnen's 3-year-old son, while the case against their son and Funnen moves through the system."

Police searching for 7-week-old infant who may be at risk of harm, injury

Last edited:
There might have been a mistake made," said Eric Klingensmith, Ambrose's grandfather. "There was definitely a bruise. I don't believe the bruise happened because anybody was trying to hurt the baby. What we heard was the baby was in the hospital because it wasn't going to the bathroom and that he was supposed to massage the stomach to try to help the bowel movement and I'm hoping something in there happened.

“IT” wasn’t going to the bathroom?! I also think it’s unusual that he refers to his grandson as “the baby” and not by name. While there could be perfectly benign reasons for his word choice, the use of distancing language, in both examples, just really caught my attention...

MOO

27 September 2019:

Missing 7-week-old baby with signs of abuse taken from hospital: Police

CBS Pittsburgh reports that police said the parents of Ambrose Klingensmith took him from the Children’s Express Care hospital in Washington County before doctors could finish treating him. Doctors said that the baby showed signs on physical abuse, including fingermark bruising and stomach trauma. Jeannette Funnen, 32, and Daemon Klingensmith, 23, are wanted in connection with the infant’s disappearance.

Missing 7-week-old baby with signs of abuse taken from hospital: Police

27 September 2019:

Update: Police charge parents after MISSING 7-week-old baby with signs of abuse and ‘substantial pain’ is taken from hospital

Jeannette Funnen, 32, and Daemon Klingensmith, 23, are wanted in connection with the infant’s disappearance. Police have now charged the suspects with “child endangerment and intimidation, retaliation or obstruction of a child abuse case,” according to Action News 4.

Update: Police charge parents after MISSING 7-week-old baby with signs of abuse and ‘substantial pain’ is taken from hospital

"Both Jeannette and Daemon were taken to a detention facility and Ambrose was taken to a local hospital for evaluation.

Ambrose will remain in the care of local Child Welfare Authorities in Tennessee until the Allegheny County Office of Children, Youth and Families can take custody of him."

7-Week-Old Ambrose Klingensmith Found Safe In Tennessee

PITTSBURGH - A local couple who took off with their newborn son and a toddler after doctors raised concerns of abuse appeared in court on Tuesday in Tennessee.

Daemon Klingensmith and his wife, Jeannette Funnen, waived their extradition hearing, meaning they will be sent back to Pittsburgh within the next few days.

Klingensmith’s defense attorney, David Shrager, told Channel 11 that his client waived the hearing to be able to get back to his family.

WEST MIFFLIN NEWBORN: Couple who took off with newborn from hospital, prompted manhunt face judgeWEST MIFFLIN NEWBORN: Couple who took off with newborn from hospital, prompted manhunt face judge

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aussie Aussie
Back