PA PA - Anthony Tumolo, 14, Philadelphia, 15 Oct 1966

Attachments

• CF3FDCF8-6A08-4CD9-97D6-875503D931D5.jpeg
    CF3FDCF8-6A08-4CD9-97D6-875503D931D5.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 10
I turned the image around and enlarged it a bit to see it better. I have never seen this UID before.. does he have a thread? It does have a similar look to Anthony!
Good eye Hockeyfan158!

I don’t believe he does i couldn’t find one but was procrastinating at the time while searching so I’ll search again

Update. I checked and he doesn’t how would i create one for him?

I don’t believe he does i couldn’t find one but was procrastinating at the time while searching so I’ll search again

Update. I checked and he doesn’t how would i create one for him?

You go to Forum then go to Unidentified then go to the bottom right and click one he little box that says Post New Thread

Below I am posting the images so
You can see

Attachments

• 035D7763-A3F3-4235-8C91-98A65B301DC2.jpeg
    035D7763-A3F3-4235-8C91-98A65B301DC2.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 155E0F2C-82EF-4F28-962F-879C70379C23.jpeg
    155E0F2C-82EF-4F28-962F-879C70379C23.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 4F1CF22A-6999-402E-B38D-0DB283325F8A.jpeg
    4F1CF22A-6999-402E-B38D-0DB283325F8A.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 6
If Anthony's dna is available, doesn't that mean he's been cross referenced with all John doe's?

If Anthony's DNA is in CODIS, then he would have been run against all UIDs that are in or added to CODIS.

The UID in question (UP # 16940) doesn't have DNA in CODIS nor is there a sample available.

UP # 16940 printout of NamUs Case Report on 1/27/2018:
Fingerprint info is available elsewhere
Dental info/charting is available and will be entered later
DNA: Sample is currently not available

Anthony Peter Tumolo – The Charley Project

Last updated July 7, 2021; details of disappearance updated.

Details of Disappearance
On the afternoon of October 15, 1966, Anthony left his Philadelphia, Pennsylvania home on his bicycle to ride to the home of his best friend, Jack Marino. They had been together earlier that day and had made plans to go to their respective homes, eat dinner and then meet up again after dinner.

Both boys finished their meals at about the same time and left to ride to the other one's house, missing each other. When Jack arrived at Anthony's house on Princeton Street and learned that Anthony had just left to meet him at his house, he went back home. Once he arrived, his parents said Anthony had not been to the house to see him, so Jack spent the next several hours looking for him around the city but couldn't find him.

Anthony never came home that night, but his parents were not concerned because they thought he'd decided to spend the night at Jack's house. They didn't realize anything was wrong until the next morning, after several customers along Anthony's morning paper route called the house to ask why their newspapers hadn't been delivered. Anthony had never showed up to do the deliveries, which is uncharacteristic of his behavior; he always completed his route promptly.

Authorities initially believed he was a runaway. Prior to his disappearance, he had argued with parents; he was making poor grades and they wanted him to quit his paper route and focus on school. Five days after Anthony went missing, two of his classmates claimed to have seen him. The police stopped looking for him after that, believing he was safe and did not want to be found.

Jack never believed Anthony left of his own accord. The two teenagers were very close and Anthony had never mentioned wanting to leave home. In addition, Anthony was very close to his family, which included eight siblings, and it would be uncharacteristic of him to leave without warning. He also left behind an uncashed paycheck, some cash and other belongings in his bedroom, which would make little sense if he was planning on leaving.

Jack is now a police officer and, decades after his friend vanished, he located one of the boys who claimed to have seen him in the days following his disappearance. The witness admitted he and his friend had lied about seeing Anthony; they'd made up the story to get out of being punished for being late to school.

Jack theorizes Anthony was struck by a vehicle while riding his bicycle, and the driver panicked and hid his body and the bike, which has never been found. Interstate 95 was under construction in the area around the time Anthony disappeared, and it would have been relatively easy to conceal a corpse at the construction site. This theory has not been verified, but law enforcement currently in charge of investigating Anthony's case believe it's a likely possibility.

Anthony's parents are both deceased; his father died of cancer two years after his disappearance, and his mother died in 2001. His older sister and Jack are still looking for him, however. His case remains unsolved.

If Anthony's DNA is in CODIS, then he would have been run against all UIDs that are in or added to CODIS.

The UID in question (UP # 16940) doesn't have DNA in CODIS nor is there a sample available.

UP # 16940 printout of NamUs Case Report on 1/27/2018:
Fingerprint info is available elsewhere
Dental info/charting is available and will be entered later
DNA: Sample is currently not available
I have been thinking about this comment since you posted it. It has got me thinking, how many other does are in NAMUS without DNA? I can't find a way to look it up via their search engine, but does Websleuths have a thread or someway of compiling a list like this? Honestly, a list of jane and John does who's dna is not available would be super helpful to sleuths. How the heck does one go about compiling a list like this?

I have been thinking about this comment since you posted it. It has got me thinking, how many other does are in NAMUS without DNA? I can't find a way to look it up via their search engine, but does Websleuths have a thread or someway of compiling a list like this? Honestly, a list of jane and John does who's dna is not available would be super helpful to sleuths. How the heck does one go about compiling a list like this?

Biometric data (DNA, dentals & fingerprints) used to be publicly viewable on NamUs until the rollout of NamUs 2.0 in mid-late 2018 when it was hidden from all but LE/ME-Coroners, NamUs staff, authorized personnel - not us.

How many other Does are in NAMUS without DNA? Lots and lots, especially if you're going back decades ago when samples weren't retained. The only way to get samples is exhumation and even if there's funding, there's no guarantee some of these remains can be located. Cases in point - The Girl in the Box and the Wisters Woods Girl. Both on the list for exhumation at the Dunks Ferry potters field in Philly - both gravesites (according to the records/maps) found empty.

If I see a PA UID here on WS that doesn't have biometrics listed and I have a printout from pre-NamUs 2.0, I always add a post with that info, even if it only says "sample submitted - tests not complete". At least that way we know there is/was a sample available. But that's only PA.

For other areas, Doe Network always added that info - up until NamUs 2.0, so it's good to see if the UID is listed there.

What part of i95?
The section near the Cottman Ave. interchange, the one which was closed this year after a truck fire and reopened in record time. The road was under construction in 1965 and open by 1967, according to Historic Aerials.
NETRonline: Historic Aerials - Viewer (coordinates for SEPTA's Tacony station)
I know south of Philly was under contruction even well after 1966. I wonder if this happened near the airport near the marshes.
I-95 by the Airport wasn't completed until 1985.

anthony_peter_tumolo_1.jpg
tumolo_anthony2.jpg

Anthony Peter Tumolo, age 14, Missing since 15 October 1966​

• Missing From Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 02/28/1952 (71)
  • Age 14 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A navy blue wool three-quarter length coat with red lining, a blue corduroy shirt, black Levi's jeans, black socks and black shoes.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Black hair, brown eyes. Anthony has a scar on his right cheek.
LINK:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back