GUILTY PA - Barbara Rowan, 14, raped & murdered, Trevose, 3 Aug 1984

Bensalem murder cover up nets Upper Moreland man 3 to 6 years

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/news/crime/bensalem-murder-cover-up-nets-upper-moreland-man-to-years/article_b47855d8-94d1-11e7-bd71-53a315e2790c.html

Robert Sanders' silence kept Barbara Rowan's killer out of jail for more than three decades. His testimony later put the man in jail for the Bensalem murder.

Now, he'll spend up to six years in state prison.

Sanders, 53, of Upper Moreland, was sentenced Friday in Bucks County Court to serve three to six years behind bars with a concurrent seven years of probation.

George Shaw is scheduled to be sentenced on October 2nd.

George Shaw sentenced to 27 years for 1984 murder

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/news/crime/george-shaw-sentenced-to-years-for-murder/article_de4d7bdb-ef2e-5a95-b488-1a55499863b3.html

The passage of time between the 1984 incident and Shaw's capture in 2015 prevented Bateman from convicting Shaw of a felony rape charge, which would have upgraded the murder count to second degree and exposed Shaw to a life sentence. The crime also occurred before the adoption of Megan's Law, meaning Shaw will not have to register as a sex offender.

"You have been the beneficiary of the delay to justice," Bateman said to Shaw before announcing the sentence. "Realistically, had additional evidence not been lost to time, the sentence would have been life. You will be eligible for parole someday, but the family of Barbara Rowan has been given a life sentence of torment and misery by your hand."

"You gave us 33 years of sorrow and misery because you took our only daughter away from us," said Rowan. "My family has stopped, I am no longer a mother. You ripped my life away from me."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back