GUILTY PA - Bonnie Sweeten for staged abduction, swindle, Upper Southampton, 2009

Could be....they found it quick....I am gonna TRY to sleep--if anyone has questions re the local area...I will be happy to answer...I mean this happened not a mile from MY parish and I think my cousin teaches at Julia's school....

I think the local fox station reported that they thought mother and daughter may have been split up....too early to know...but that she was able to make 7 calls to 911 was good....just hope the abductors aren't watching the news....UGH

In a terrified voice, police said, 38-year-old Bonnie Ann Sweeten told how she had been grabbed by two men after a minor accident in lower Bucks County, shortly before 2 p.m., shoved into the back of a Cadillac and driven away.
She said that her 9-year-old daughter, Julia Rakoczy, had been with her but remained in her vehicle, a GMC SUV. It was not at the scene when cops arrived.
http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20090527_Mom_abducted__daughter_missing.html

PHILADELPHIA - A woman and her daughter were abducted Tuesday and forced into the trunk of a car after being rear-ended on a suburban road, the FBI said.
Bonnie Sweeten, of Feasterville, told a 911 dispatcher that she and her daughter had been coerced into the trunk of the car that rear-ended her and that her SUV had been stolen, FBI special agent J.J. Klaver said.
http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/..._fbiseekspawomanreportedbeingheldintrunk.html

Two black males, no further description, jumped in her mother's vehicle, a silver color 2005 GMC Denali SUV, PA Resgistration GYK8998, and drove away. Her mother, Bonnie Sweeten, a white, non-hispanic female, 38 years old, 5'11" tall, 130 pounds, blonde hair, blue eyes, was also in the vehicle.
http://wfmz.com/view/?id=1026297

These articles were all written in the last couple of hours. Do they not know whether Julia was taken in the Cadillac or the SUV? If not, why are these stories putting out any info about which car the girl was in and which her mother was in at all? Or does it mean that Julia was put in the trunk with her mother but was later taken out? Or were both of them driven away in the SUV but later the mother (or both?) were put in the trunk?
I'm really confused!

In a terrified voice, police said, 38-year-old Bonnie Ann Sweeten told how she had been grabbed by two men after a minor accident in lower Bucks County, shortly before 2 p.m., shoved into the back of a Cadillac and driven away.
She said that her 9-year-old daughter, Julia Rakoczy, had been with her but remained in her vehicle, a GMC SUV. It was not at the scene when cops arrived.
http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20090527_Mom_abducted__daughter_missing.html

PHILADELPHIA - A woman and her daughter were abducted Tuesday and forced into the trunk of a car after being rear-ended on a suburban road, the FBI said.
Bonnie Sweeten, of Feasterville, told a 911 dispatcher that she and her daughter had been coerced into the trunk of the car that rear-ended her and that her SUV had been stolen, FBI special agent J.J. Klaver said.
http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/..._fbiseekspawomanreportedbeingheldintrunk.html

Two black males, no further description, jumped in her mother's vehicle, a silver color 2005 GMC Denali SUV, PA Resgistration GYK8998, and drove away. Her mother, Bonnie Sweeten, a white, non-hispanic female, 38 years old, 5'11" tall, 130 pounds, blonde hair, blue eyes, was also in the vehicle.
http://wfmz.com/view/?id=1026297

These articles were all written in the last coupld of hours. Do they not know whether Julia was taken in the Cadillac or the SUV? If not, why are these stories putting out any info about which car the girl was in and which her mother was in at all? Or does it mean that Julia was put in the trunk with her mother but was later taken out? Or were both of them driven away in the SUV but later the mother (or both?) were put in the trunk?
I'm really confused!

I think the current belief is that Julia was separated from her mother...but I am unclear as well...

Strange thing is I was in Southampton getting soft pretzels right around this time...not 1/4 mile from the scene(s)--traffic is often a bear on street road...but I came home that way today and I keep wondering if I saw anything....

I think the current belief is that Julia was separated from her mother...but I am unclear as well...

Strange thing is I was in Southampton getting soft pretzels right around this time...not 1/4 mile from the scene(s)--traffic is often a bear on street road...but I came home that way today and I keep wondering if I saw anything....

Wrack your brain! Maybe you did see something.

I am racking..as I look to the right to see if my friend is at work---not far from Central avenue and I look to the left near cherry Lane to see if another friend is home...

and then about 4:15 I had to drive a friend of my son's home and drove East on Street Road and saw police activity---I would imagine unrelated--but I ducked down some side streets to avoid traffic and get her home....

The Bucks County Courier Times (Southampton and Feasterville are both in Bucks County) is delivered each morning...and it is actually a pretty decent paper...also the Philadelphia Inquirer will be alongside of it in about an hour in my driveway...

I also have a friend whose nephew is a cop in the neighboring jurisdiction..so will check in with them in a few....I took a benadryl--so going to try to get an hour or two of sleep...

I've been living and breathing the Haleigh Cummings case since she went missing when I was in Florida and visited the family tents.....never expected this here....

So grateful to have WS....can't even express it right now....

That's ok HH..we're here for ya..I better get some rest also. This week is going to be hectic, crime wise, I'm afraid! See ya in the am...rest well.

I'm going to be dreaming of soft pretzels with mustard and Philly cheesteaks with fried onions...

I hope they're okay, wherever they are, but something doesn't sound right about this case.

http://cbs3.com/topstories/kidnapping.abduction.carjacking.2.1019972.html

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Police-Searching-for-Woman-Child-Trapped-in-Trunk.html

From what I know, a mother and her 9 year old daughter were involved in a minor car accident. 2 males in the other vehicle then abducted them. The mother was able to call 911 from the trunk of one of the cars. Her car was found this morning but there is still no sign of them.

I pray they are both found safe and very, very soon.

They had the father/ex husband on the news this morning. He was really choked up. I pray they are found safe. They have a good relationship and he says she is a great mom.

Something is fishy with this story.

I don't understand why if she was abducted in Bucks county, she didn't call 911 until the car reached Philly? That's quite a hike. Can't believe there were no witnesses............

http://www.salon.com/wires/ap/us/2009/05/27/D98EJB7O0_us_victims_in_trunk/index.html

May 27th, 2009 | PHILADELPHIA -- Police are searching for a woman and her young daughter, who were allegedly abducted in broad daylight by men who rear-ended their car near Philadelphia.

Police and the FBI say Bonnie Sweeten, of Feasterville, made a cell phone call Tuesday from a car trunk. She told a 911 dispatcher she and 9-year-old Julia Rakoczy (ruh-KOH'-zee) were forced in after the car struck her SUV.

I tend to think they were targeted for the Denali.... but then why not just leave them both there and take the car?

....maybe because on top of being a thief you are also a rapist?

This story makes me so paranoid. I guess when you get in an accident now you should lock yourself in the car and dial 911?

There has just got to be more to this story. It makes no sense. It was a minor accident. Why take them?

I pray for the mother and daughters safety.

Something is fishy with this story.

I don't understand why if she was abducted in Bucks county, she didn't call 911 until the car reached Philly? That's quite a hike. Can't believe there were no witnesses............

I too thought something sounded fishy.

It isn't that far, about 20 miles. I thought I did read there was some witnesses but I will have to go back and look.

But HER SUV was found very close to where the 911 call was made. It's within walking distance.

Hinky meter is going off. She said the accident happened near her home which is 25 miles away from where the cell ping was detected. Her car appeared fine to me. From the video on the Today Show, it didn't look like it had been rear-ended.

Besides the whole "Two black men" in a "1990's model black Cadillac", just seems overboard on the stereotype.

Then again, why would she leave her other two children - I think more has to come out about her and her family dynamic.

I cant quite figure this one out.. i would like to just believe there is nothing hinky here but my radaris going off on this one.. the distance betweent the abduction and call is significant.. and would be a while in the trunk before the call was made.. teh car location to the call .. extremely close.. no apparent damage to the car can be seen.. however this is aupposedly a great mom who does it all and lives for her kids. The parents have a good relationship after their divorce. if the mom has something to do with it the daughter is 9 and would be able to provide very good info after they are " found" . There are 2 other children at home which from all accounts she wouldnt leave behind. Its feasible this is ajust a crime of opportunity but a strange one at that .. the other aspect of this is the father has saidf they have no money for ransom and there has been no call for any such monies from what has been reported.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back