Identified! PA - Bushkill Twp, WhtFm UP12414, 40-50, off Route 33, blonde hair, Oct'87 - Donna Kay Griffin

Just this morning the profile was updated again. Tests Complete-Insufficient DNA for profiling.

huhhh strange.....what happened...she was found completely...not a skeleton....

Later today it was updated again. Sample submitted tests complete. So hopefully some news soon.

UID file in Namus is still up. No new leads running her DNA through the system. So either there is a MP that hasn't DNA on file or she was never entered or even never reported missing. That's sad. Are there any recent rule outs added?

Only 4 ruleouts listed:

MP7919
Tamara Porrin
11/22/1986
Clearfield, PA

MP10496
Gloria Korzon
03/06/1981
Bucks, PA

MP1846
Sheree Magaro
02/22/1987
Kent, MD

MP13241
Marsha Ferber
04/28/1988
Monongalia, WV

There is a missing woman that I think could be plausible. Although there is little info, she is said to have last been seen 9 months before this, in Niagara Falls, Ontario. It is said she was possibly heading to Mexico. But if she was hitching in trucks, she could have ended up anywhere. I can find no pics but it says she had brown hair, and I think I could consider the Does hair dirty blonde or mousy brown, definitely potential for discrepancy anyways. Also the MP is said to have a history of mental health issues. I will also add that I notice that Jane Doe has eyes set far apart. Quick research says it could be something like Hypertelorism, which can be associated with a range of syndromes associated with chromosomal and behavioral disorders. Something to think about anyways.
Canada's Missing | Case details

Last edited:
The female has been identified as Donna Kay Griffin who was 37 years of age at the time of her death. A native of the Dalton, Georgia area; Griffin reportedly relocated to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the 1970’s. Griffin also used the last names of Shelby and Linton. Griffin had not previously been reported missing to any law enforcement authorities.

Sourced via CRIMEWATCH®: CASE: UPDATE!! IDENTIFICATION OF 1987 REMAINS - JANE DOE- BUSHKILL TOWNSHIP - NORTHAMPTON

Last edited:
The probe turned a corner recently when Bode Technology of Lorton, Virginia, conducted a genealogical DNA analysis on the remains, police said in a news release. That provided information leading to woman’s identity, police said, and an FBI lab used testing to link her to her child.

Griffin also went by the last names of Shelby and Linton, according to police. She was born in Dalton, Georgia, but in the 1970s moved to Philadelphia. Her remains were found in October 1987. No one had reported her missing, police said.
Woman whose remains were found in 1987 along Route 33 is identified, 33 years later

Attachments

• Bushkill 250ufpa  MC 10-25-88.JPG
    Bushkill 250ufpa MC 10-25-88.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 32
She died of a heart attack. So, the only question is ... who left her there?
31 Dec 1969, - at Newspapers.com

Yes, this is very strange and sad. So many things I'm wondering about, including whether fraud was involved. Did someone want to keep receiving some financial benefit by not reporting her missing or deceased. Usually the elderly are targets of this. Someone wants to keep collecting social security, etc.

Just very sad and awful. RIP Donna Kay Griffin.

She died of a heart attack. So, the only question is ... who left her there?
31 Dec 1969, - at Newspapers.com

P6T3N5ITDVAJ5N65UYD4E3KRZA.jpg

From today's article:

At the time, then-Northampton County Coroner Joseph F. Reichel couldn’t identify Griffin but determined she had a heart attack immediately before her death. He ruled out foul play and drug involvement.

But Houck indicated authorities are re-examining the case to be certain.

After 33 years, police identify woman found dead on Route 33

The investigation into the circumstances of her death is continuing, police said. Troopers are still trying to identify whoever dumped her body along the highway, police said.

Woman whose remains were found in 1987 along Route 33 is identified, 33 years later

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
becebooboo
Back