PA PA - Cherrie Mahan, 8, Cabot, 22 Feb 1985

A couple details worth discussing.

1. Cherrie claimed someone was watching her through her window and switched her bedrooms when they moved to Cornplanter Rd. A lot of kids have vivid imaginations. But I thought this was definitely worth mentioning. That would lean to the theory of a local pedo. Apparently she lived with her grandma before Cornplanter Rd. So maybe that became obsessed with her. at her previous address Someone that was not happy about her moving.

2. Janice and her husband chased down the bus that day and made sure she got off. This was never mentioned before I don't believe.

3. Janice doesn't believe the van was involved. Thinks it was the other car that was seen at the bus stop (blue car). Still begs the question, why would a van with a skier emblem be traveling down Cornplanter Rd? It's not a road you just travel down without a purpose.

I wish more details were released to the public like this. Why did it take 39 years for these details to come out? It's like every year, they release another small detail. This case continues to get more frustrating. Just release the details and get people talking.
@pinballwizard1919
Is this the first you have read about Cherrie claiming someone was watching through her window and switched bedrooms?
This is the first I have heard of it.

I agree with you and wish the would release more details. Her case has haunted me for 39 years!

Yes. That's the first I've heard that. And yes. What do they have to lose with releasing more details like this? If the police believed it was a local pedo though, wouldn't they be digging up potential burial sites in Cabot? I've only heard of a dig done in 2014 off Winfield Rd. Address was never released. Here's the article:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back