PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving on, I'd really like to know more about this boy. I didn't get the impression, from the school's statement, that he was a really troubled child and no one was surprised he hung his baby sister in the basement. I think if they felt that way, the statement would have been worded differently than it was. JMO

Moving on, I'd really like to know more about this boy. I didn't get the impression, from the school's statement, that he was a really troubled child and no one was surprised he hung his baby sister in the basement. I think if they felt that way, the statement would have been worded differently than it was. JMO
Exactly, that's why it's so hard for me to believe this whole thing.

I just don’t believe a little boy like that would use the term “don’t want to go alone”. And what exactly did he say, does she claim?

“I want to die, mom. But I don’t want to go to Heaven by myself. I want someone to go with me.”?

If my kid was making statements remotely close to that he would probably go to the hospital. And then intensive counseling. Did she notify the school? Did she complain about bullying? Demand action be taken to protect her son?

What exactly was her response to these horrible things she claims her small son was saying?
ITA! Since when do small children threaten suicide and the parent does absolutely nothing about it? When my DD was bullied, we went right to the parents and also notified the principal. It stopped immediately.

The mother blamed her son from the get-go and seemed to be okay with the fact he murdered his little sister. I think there is more and we will soon hear it.

Does anyone know if there has been any effort to raise money?

JMO

ITA! Since when do small children threaten suicide and the parent does absolutely nothing about it? When my DD was bullied, we went right to the parents and also notified the principal. It stopped immediately.

The mother blamed her son from the get-go and seemed to be okay with the fact he murdered his little sister. I think there is more and we will soon hear it.

JMO
Well mom sold some of kids' belongings while they were on life support...

IMO, the mother did too much explaining on the 911 call.

In past cases, when the caller went into such details to the dispatcher, it normally turns out the caller is the guilty one. He/she gives too much information trying to take the attention off themself.

I think the the person who posted that was simply trying to explain that, no matter how heavy a child might be, or how weak a parent might be, the parent would still try. Would Conner be hard to lift and hold? Yes, him and most 8-year-old boys. I don't think anyone was being mean or cruel.

People of both genders can possess amazing strength when it comes to the wellbeing of others.

It happens even if they don't know the ones in terrible need of being saved, and helped during a life threatening event. Even small framed women have had the amazing strength ability to lift heavy vehicles to free someone trapped underneath.

I remember one time our mom was very sick, and passed out in the floor of her home. She weighed approximately 135 pounds at the time. My youngest brother was a young teen at the time weighing no more than 120 to 125 pounds at most. Yet he picked our mom off of the floor inside of her home, and carried her like she was a baby, while running with her in his arms outside to one of the parked vehicles so she could be taken to the hospital immediately.

Family members, including most especially parents will do everything in their power in order to save their children.

Caring, loving parents would NOT just leave their children hanging from the rafters or anywhere else for that matter.

I think this one horrid parent thought she had successfully killed them both, and had no clue these young children would still be technically alive, although already brain dead when EMTs arrived getting them down. Imoo

This isn't the only case where the murderers thought they had successfully murdered their victims only for them to be technically alive, before passing away shortly afterwards or when taken off of life support.

Usually there is a delay in terminating life support because the victims are organ donors or when actual caring, loving family members find it emotionally difficult to let them pass away peacefully, by letting them go.

Jmhoo

IMO, the mother did too much explaining on the 911 call.

In past cases, when the caller went into such details to the dispatcher, it normally turns out the caller is the guilty one. He/she gives too much information trying to take the attention off themself.
Yes this a million times this! If your child/children are found hanging and you are caught by surprise I just don't think the first thing you do is explain or try to explain why. At that point you don't know why. You are "out for a walk" you come home to that awful scene. You are so confused how on earth would you know right away it was suicide, no concern there is an intruder? Of course this is all JMO and lord forgive me if my mind is leading me down the wrong direction of someone completely innocent.

JMO

Has it even confirmed by LE the 8 year old was being bullied at school? From what I have read the little boy was popular, and well liked at school.

Ita! Any child who is bullied by anyone lives a life being emotionally tormented.

It's emotional dangerous warfare being waged against way too many children. It's even worse now even though many children suffered severe bullying no matter when they attended school.

The reason I ask if LE has confirmed what the mom said is true, I suspect if any bullying was happening to either or both dead children they were being abused, tormented, and grossly bullied by the one who took their lives from them.

Imo, this didn't just start, but more than likely had been happening for some time behind closed doors, like we usually see happen in so many other cases involving murdered children where a parent or parents were involved.

Jmhoo

Has it even confirmed by LE the 8 year old was being bullied at school? From what I have read the little boy was popular, and well liked at school.

Ita! Any child who is bullied by anyone lives a life being emotionally tormented.

It's emotional dangerous warfare being waged against way too many children. It's even worse now even though many children suffered severe bullying no matter when they attended school.

The reason I ask if LE has confirmed what the mom said is true, I suspect if any bullying was happening to either or both dead children they were being abused, tormented, and grossly bullied by the one who took their lives from them.

Imo, this didn't just start, but more than likely had been happening for some time behind closed doors, like we usually see happen in so many other cases involving murdered children where a parent or parents were involved.

Jmhoo
I’m not saying this is the case for Connor- but I just wanted to say that school administrators do not always know if a child is bullied or not. From my experience (having multiple kids in the public school system for quite some time now), the bullying of children often takes place on the playground, at the lunch table, at the lockers, etc. The staff is simply just not always aware.

And a bullied child doesn’t always “present” themselves as somber and withdrawn to the teachers.

Also, online bullying is a possibility of course, and the school staff would likely have no idea whatsoever whether that is happening to a child.

In other words, I’m not sure it’s possible for LE, or the school, to confirm bullying.

I don’t necessarily believe Connor was bullied. Perhaps he was, but perhaps not. And either way, I am more than highly skeptical of the story that he killed his sister and commuted suicide. In fact, so skeptical that I don’t believe it...

But I think it’s important to note that just because a school doesn’t know about bullying doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. Some kids can be real jerks, and they know how say and do things that fly under the radar.

MOO.

A school isn't ever going to say "oh yeah, little Johnny got bullied every day right under our noses" either.

I think in some respects we're expecting this woman to have a level of emotional intelligence that she clearly does not have. Also, CPS was involved in their lives as fact - so clearly little man has some level of trauma in his life. Judging his body posture in one photo is not a good idea - one could argue that he's relaxed and chill because he's with his mom and sister and delaying entering the school from hell for a photograph is what made him stand up straight - anything to get an extra minute outside. yadda yadda yadda.

Still think the mom did it. No one bonded to her children could leave them hanging. NONE.

I’m not saying this is the case for Connor- but I just wanted to say that school administrators do not always know if a child is bullied or not. From my experience (having multiple kids in the public school system for quite some time now), the bullying of children often takes place on the playground, at the lunch table, at the lockers, etc. The staff is simply just not always aware.

And a bullied child doesn’t always “present” themselves as somber and withdrawn to the teachers.

Also, online bullying is a possibility of course, and the school staff would likely have no idea whatsoever whether that is happening to a child.

In other words, I’m not sure it’s possible for LE, or the school, to confirm bullying.

I don’t necessarily believe Connor was bullied. Perhaps he was, but perhaps not. And either way, I am more than highly skeptical of the story that he killed his sister and commuted suicide. In fact, so skeptical that I don’t believe it...

But I think it’s important to note that just because a school doesn’t know about bullying doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. Some kids can be real jerks, and they know how say and do things that fly under the radar.

MOO.
He was in third or fourth grade, I think the teacher would, at least, suspect if one of her students was being bullying at school.

I respectfully disagree. I’ve had child that age who was bullied. He was made fun of during recess. I went to the teacher and told her- she was completely unaware.
I mean, teachers have to deal with so much already, I don't blame them for not being aware of every single thing that is going on. I hope your kid is doing great!

I mean, teachers have to deal with so much already, I don't blame them for not being aware of every single thing that is going on. I hope your kid is doing great!

Agree, it wasn’t the teacher’s fault for not knowing. There was really no way she could have known- she wasn’t on the playground or eavesdropping on every conversation happening. Which is part of my point. There is so much happening socially in school that is not public knowledge to the adults.

My son is doing well now, thank you for your kind wishes :) The mean kids are several years now in the past.

I think it is very telling that LE is asking for tips,and information on this case.
MOO.
Has there been a recent appeal for information? I know they were asking for help when seeking to locate the alleged dog that lived outdoors.

Something else about asking public for information seems to have put the community on a "wait and see" position.

For a small 1,500 resident town, you'd think there would be a public show of support for the grieving mother that lost her two youngest children by tragic event -- esp. if attributed to 8 year old bullied to death. No flowers on the door-step, no fund raising, etc. (I'm not surprised about this no show but that's just me).

MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members