PA PA - Debra Makel, 8, Rices Landing, 5 Oct 1973

BBM I disagree. They have the killer's DNA. Genetic genealogy is coming for him if he's still alive.

I think that it was probably someone in the community who also had a connection to the school—maybe someone like an older brother or father of one of Debbie's friends or an older relative one of her brothers' friends.

The suspect could have been someone very young—say 15 or 16—and someone like that might not have been on LE's radar screen back them. Nowadays we know that rapists and serial killers sometimes start very young.

I'm not to familiar with the geography of that area. How far was it from where Debra's body was found to other houses? There's a very good chance the the killer lived very close and in that general direction.
I agree with much of what you say , based on all of the information I have read I do believe it was someone that was familiar with her routine and maybe even someone she knew. As far as the geography of the area it was in a wooded area and from being familiar with that area I would say the nearest house probably 120-170 yards if I had to guess. Although I did not live in that community I did live in a town about 12 miles up the river I was 7 years old at the time , I do remember hearing my parents and grandparents speaking of some of the rumors were going around, this case left a lot of fear in communities at the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back