Identified! PA - Delaware Co, Ridley Creek State Park, WhtFem 25-45, UP14642, rings w/initials, Jan'16 - Name Withheld

Sorry, not sure if this has been said or allowed but reading through comments on the news page someone said the ring looked like a "J" with a leaf at the end of it.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Check out Double Line Script "C". There is no doubt in my mind that it matches right on when the original police picture of the ring is turned upside down.

I found Catherine Copley from the Altoona area. She has prominent teeth and is shorter. None of the pictures on her FB page show her wearing any of these rings. Although she also has several distinct tattoos that are not mentioned with this UID.

Check out Double Line Script "C". There is no doubt in my mind that it matches right on when the original police picture of the ring is turned upside down.

I found Catherine Copley from the Altoona area. She has prominent teeth and is shorter. None of the pictures on her FB page show her wearing any of these rings. Although she also has several distinct tattoos that are not mentioned with this UID.

Here's Catherine's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Catherine-Copley-29-Altoona-10-December-2015

Yeah, I saw her, but ruled her out because she went missing in Dec. 2015, and the were estimating that she'd been out there much longer. Also it was crazy warm here for Dec. Certainly not the kind of weather that would require actual winter layers of clothes.

And I know at least 3 people that are 5'3" or less and have a size 9 foot including myself. And I am not "ape like"!

Thank You!!!
I am not ape-like either!!!
I too am about 5 foot 3, and wear a 9 to a 9 and a half.

Seems impossible. Her arms would have been apelike. The human foot will fit perfectly from the fold of the indivduals elbow to the fold of the wrist.

I think your apelike comment, perhaps innocent to you, is offensive to us, because those of us that are around 5 foot 3 and have a size 9 foot, feel we are not apelike, nor do we seem apelike.
IMOO.

I'm 5'1" & wear an 8-8&1/2 depending on the shoe, each time I had a baby my shoe size increased 1/2 a size, before I had any kids I wore a 7 comfortably.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

FWIW I'm about 5'7 and usually wear a 9, maybe a 9 1/2 depending on brand. And I know a couple quite petite girls, who I can trade shoes with comfortably.

I take my rings off when I put mittens or gloves on so maybe she did that? Or maybe she knew she was in danger of some sort and didn't want to make it easy for someone to steal her rings.

The rings remind me of the rings I had way back in the 80s. Weird! The one with small diamonds, I had one very similar...just a holiday gift not my wedding ring.
I had tons of "C" jewelry because it's my initial. The first thing I thought was "C" but I could see how it could be a J as well. The claddagh looks like an emerald (my birthstone) and we did order those with birthstones. However, I think a lot of people think "green" when they think of Ireland so maybe it means nothing as far as birthdate in this case.

The claddagh rings have been around as a friendship token between girls since I was in high school back in the early seventies. The ones popular in my school usually had two stones, one birthstone for each girl, but I haven't seen a two-stone design for a long time.

And I agree, LotsaLatte, that they are similar in style to rings I used to own, or wished I could own, when I was much younger. And I also usually take off everything but my wedding ring when I'm wearing gloves, and zip them into a pocket or something where they won't get lost.

Maybe they were passed down to her from maybe a mom or grandma that had passed? I know I have several of my grandma's rings that were given to me when she passed away, if anyone ever found the rings in my pocket they'd assume my name started with a "K" when in fact it starts with a "B".
So it's possible her name doesn't even start with a "C".
And the other ring, the claddagh one, I've always thought those looked like a crown or something...lol guess the queen in me sees what I want to see huh? [emoji23][emoji23]

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

A search for Claddagh Ring in Namus only brings up a male missing from Oregon.

If anyone's interested in source for Siobhan Hameline being in prison, just check the New Hampshire inmate locator. (http://business.nh.gov/inmate_locator/) I've emailed Namus to let them know that she's definitely not missing - they probably just forgot to take her down, who knows. Will email CharleyProject as well, since she was actually already in prison when the page went up. I didn't want to post the full write-up about her background otherwise, since this is still a person that will one day be out, and looking to rebuild, etc.
That's why I just posted that it's definitely not her - anyone can then go and look whoever up in the inmate locator themselves.

I basically check every missing person case I ever come across against arrest history and check inmate locators for their state, because this is definitely not the first case I've come across where the person is still listed on NamUs, but is actually currently in prison - or at least has been arrested or incarcerated later than the last seen date. Always worth checking the state they were last seen in, and anywhere else they're known to frequent.

I had noticed, yesterday, that the NamUs record for Siobhan Hameline as a missing person was still up. I thought I'd send in a reminder to NamUs before grousing about it on thread. Somewhat to my surprise, and much to my reassurance, NamUs responded the same day with this:

"Thank you for this email. We need to confirm the identity with law enforcement and that they have closed their missing person case. I have forwarded this information to the investigating agency and am awaiting a response from them. Sincerely, Lori"

I wonder if an "Irish marriage ring" is the same thing?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/brown_rhonda.html

It could be. Many people use the Claddagh as a wedding ring. There is a lot of history associated with it. When it's worn on the right hand but with the heart facing inward toward the body, it indicates the person wearing thering is in a relationship. If it's worn on the left hand ring finger facing outward away from the body, that generally indicates that the wearer is engaged. My uncle uses it as his wedding ring as he married into an Irish family.

It's certainly not uncommon

I had noticed, yesterday, that the NamUs record for Siobhan Hameline as a missing person was still up. I thought I'd send in a reminder to NamUs before grousing about it on thread. Somewhat to my surprise, and much to my reassurance, NamUs responded the same day with this:

"Thank you for this email. We need to confirm the identity with law enforcement and that they have closed their missing person case. I have forwarded this information to the investigating agency and am awaiting a response from them. Sincerely, Lori"

Thanks for that! I never got a response to my email, but I did send it while they were closed (and got an out of office reply), so presumably it just got lost... Annoying, because I emailed back on the 6th of January! I emailed about a different no-longer-missing person on the 7th to a different area admin and that one has been deleted.

Thanks for that! I never got a response to my email, but I did send it while they were closed (and got an out of office reply), so presumably it just got lost... Annoying, because I emailed back on the 6th of January! I emailed about a different no-longer-missing person on the 7th to a different area admin and that one has been deleted.

Thanks back! It's interesting to get this level view of how systems like NamUs works. It's reassuring to hear that they are responsive to outsiders. Two plus weeks' turn around time for that sort of thing doesn't seem bad to me.

Thanks back! It's interesting to get this level view of how systems like NamUs works. It's reassuring to hear that they are responsive to outsiders. Two plus weeks' turn around time for that sort of thing doesn't seem bad to me.

She's off NamUs now, great! Looks like they acted pretty quickly once they knew about it. :)

I had noticed, yesterday [1/22/16], that the NamUs record for Siobhan Hameline as a missing person was still up. I thought I'd send in a reminder to NamUs before grousing about it on thread. Somewhat to my surprise, and much to my reassurance, NamUs responded the same day with this:

I checked on the three other women listed on NamUs that various WS members had researched in connection with the Ridley Creek UID and concluded were no longer missing. I used the NamUs URLs that had earlier returned records for them. Karessa Dewitt's record ( https://www.findthemissing.org/en/searches/) seems to have been taken down altogether (her URL now redirects to a NamUs search template). Emma Byrnes' URL (https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28115/1477) still brings up her record. Lacie N. Swan's (https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23734/107) returns "Permission Error - Case Access Denied. The case you are trying to view is restricted to authorized persons ONLY. Please log in to view the case." Siobhan Hameline's record also returns the same Permission Error. I guess that's NamUs' way of retiring a missing person record without losing their history of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl
Back