PA PA - District Attorney Ray Gricar Mysteriously Disappeared - Bellefonte 15 April 2005 #18

It's a lot of work, not an undertaking someone would take on a whim or an excuse to break up with a girlfriend. JMO, doing the disappearing act (which is extremely difficult to do, even 20 yrs ago) is probably the least likely scenario. Maybe a threat to his or his family's life, or risk of imprisonment for some crime. He had no personal financial obligations to escape from.
One possibility was he was hiding assets, offshore, from his 2001 divorce. It was granted in late July 2001. About 6 weeks later, 9/11 happened, and foreign transfers into the US attracted a lot of attention.

We do know that he had capital gains of at least $65 k from assets liquidated around that that time.

The bunch of calls of the 15th are mostly patty calling his cell.

I don’t see any indication patty called her brother from the house line. Did she have a cell?

Did anyone else try to reach ray on his cell on the 15th/16th that isn’t shown here? I feel like it would be normal even in 2005 for coworkers/pattys brother to try his cell too. Or maybe it had shut off by then?

Also what the heck are the last 3 calls checking voicemail?
The CDT after he was reported missing; it went to voicemail.

Yes there is, a hidden bank account.

He had filed his taxes.
From what I have seen the term "Hidden Bank Account" is a major assumption. The evidence indicated that some money was transferred to another unknown account. I not seen anything stating how much money or how frequently. Maybe you have. Do you have any proof that it was actually a "Hidden Bank Account?" He could have legitimately been transferring money to another account for any of the following reasons. This list is not exhaustive and is only a sample of possible accounts he could have been transferring money to. None of these would be classified as hidden nor would any of them be supportive of him planning a walkaway:
1. Transfer of alimony or divorce settlement monies to an account of his ex-wife Emma Gricar
2. Transfer of money to his daughter's account
3. Transfer into a Roth account or some other stock account
4. Transfer to Patty F's account
5. Transfer to some sort of charity account

Call me a cynic but in Pennsylvania, especially the smaller counties, you have to do a lot of favors for a lot of people to stay in a single office for 30 years. The most honest well meaning smart people can get sucked into illegal activity or corruption. This is the state where twice we had our attorney general convicted and imprisoned while in office.

From what I have seen the term "Hidden Bank Account" is a major assumption. The evidence indicated that some money was transferred to another unknown account. I not seen anything stating how much money or how frequently. Maybe you have. Do you have any proof that it was actually a "Hidden Bank Account?" He could have legitimately been transferring money to another account for any of the following reasons. This list is not exhaustive and is only a sample of possible accounts he could have been transferring money to. None of these would be classified as hidden nor would any of them be supportive of him planning a walkaway:
1. Transfer of alimony or divorce settlement monies to an account of his ex-wife Emma Gricar
2. Transfer of money to his daughter's account
3. Transfer into a Roth account or some other stock account
4. Transfer to Patty F's account
5. Transfer to some sort of charity account
No, it isn't.

Those types of transfers would be recorded. There is no other record.

As far as I know, no one has said it is. I was answering the question of if he filed his taxes. He had.
if I were disappearing, I might not file my taxes.... or I might get an extension. IMO. The only thing that occurs to me is that possibly he was told something about the Penn State thing and he did not want to prosecute and he did not want to not prosecute....about to retire; a big mess; victims; black holes; angry supporters... obvi I have no idea but it just seems like a huge situation a person about to retire might not want to have to deal with- even as a witness. Just a thought.

if I were disappearing, I might not file my taxes.... or I might get an extension. IMO. The only thing that occurs to me is that possibly he was told something about the Penn State thing and he did not want to prosecute and he did not want to not prosecute....about to retire; a big mess; victims; black holes; angry supporters... obvi I have no idea but it just seems like a huge situation a person about to retire might not want to have to deal with- even as a witness. Just a thought.
RFG definitely knew about the 1998 incident with Sandusky, but RFG could never have known that it would come out. It did not come out until 6 years after he vanished.

There are many potential motive for RFG walking away. One of them is that he did not want to be "the ex-DA," someone who would be asked, repeatedly, by Press and the public about old cases.

RFG definitely knew about the 1998 incident with Sandusky, but RFG could never have known that it would come out. It did not come out until 6 years after he vanished.

There are many potential motive for RFG walking away. One of them is that he did not want to be "the ex-DA," someone who would be asked, repeatedly, by Press and the public about old cases.
like the D.A. who did not prosecute Bill Cosby...because cases look different at different times and the historical lens can be unflattering....IMO

No, it isn't.

Those types of transfers would be recorded. There is no other record.
Where’s the proof that it was an “unknown” account? You’re basically stating that if it was transferred to a “recorded” account, the general public, like you and I, would know about it. There is a lot of information about this case that the police have not released to the public. Information about that bank transfer is some of that information.

That was Bruce Castor, and arguably, the decision was correct. Cosby's conviction was overturned. It was still "unflattering."
Yes, but IIRC didn’t then DA Castor who was involved with the criminal case against Cosby also apparently intervene or make offer to Mr. Cosby and his legal team about then impending civil actions against Cosby as well? If that was the case, it would not seem to have been proper perhaps? And could have affected all legal proceedings IMO. MOO

Where’s the proof that it was an “unknown” account? You’re basically stating that if it was transferred to a “recorded” account, the general public, like you and I, would know about it. There is a lot of information about this case that the police have not released to the public. Information about that bank transfer is some of that information.
The police report.

Attachments

• Bio p. 6.png
    Bio p. 6.png
    398.9 KB · Views: 13
Yes, but IIRC didn’t then DA Castor who was involved with the criminal case against Cosby also apparently intervene or make offer to Mr. Cosby and his legal team about then impending civil actions against Cosby as well? If that was the case, it would not seem to have been proper perhaps? And could have affected all legal proceedings IMO. MOO
Basically, Castor said that he did not have evidence to pursue Cosby criminally, unless Cosby testified. Cosby could take the Fifth in the civil trial, which may have led to a not guilty verdict there. The only way to get that testimony was to agree not to prosecute. He contacted Constand, told her that he could not prosecute, but he would immunize Cosby's testimony in her civil suit, making it more likely she would win. She said yes, and won the civil suit.

The problem was when Steele, the current DA, tried to renege on that immunity and use that testimony. The PA Supreme Court said no, and tossed the conviction.

Castor was either going to get no testimony from Cosby or he was going to get testimony he could not use, but Constand could. He chose the latter, with Constand's support.

The police report.
That police report was made 6 days after his disappearance. It is clear from the writeup that at the time of writing the report the investigating officer had not done a deep dive into the accounts where that money was transferred. You have been posting that this is evidence that he had a "hidden bank account." The accounts mentioned in that report could very well have been hidden or offshore accounts, like you are suggesting. Or they could have been accounts of his daughter's, his ex-wife's, Patty's. Heck anything is possible - maybe he was transferring money to OJ Simpson's bank account to help out paying off OJ's attorney fees?

Later police investigation activity that we are not privy to likely holds the answer to what those accounts were.

That police report was made 6 days after his disappearance. It is clear from the writeup that at the time of writing the report the investigating officer had not done a deep dive into the accounts where that money was transferred. You have been posting that this is evidence that he had a "hidden bank account." The accounts mentioned in that report could very well have been hidden or offshore accounts, like you are suggesting. Or they could have been accounts of his daughter's, his ex-wife's, Patty's. Heck anything is possible - maybe he was transferring money to OJ Simpson's bank account to help out paying off OJ's attorney fees?

Later police investigation activity that we are not privy to likely holds the answer to what those accounts were.
Obviously, RK was. No accounting for the money. Anything in the US, under his SSN, would be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbifedora
Back