PA PA - District Attorney Ray Gricar Mysteriously Disappeared - Bellefonte 15 April 2005 #18

It is unknown. RFG was a prosecutor and probably would have been aware of data security.

For all we know, RFG could have erased the drive, separated it from the laptop, tossed both, and planned to go into work on Monday and say that he lost it.

If RFG absence is voluntary (walkaway or suicide), the laptop is probably related. If this is homicide, it may not be.
It’s easy to walk away from work or your love life but a child. That’s hard to comprehend.

It’s easy to walk away from work or your love life but a child. That’s hard to comprehend.
First, I object to the word "child." LAG was an adult, in a relationship, and living more than 2,500 miles away. They had not been living in the same household for more than a decade prior to RFG's disappearance.

Second, RFG did provide financially for her, so that could even be part of a motive. People have been even known to commit suicide to provide for family.

First, I object to the word "child." LAG was an adult, in a relationship, and living more than 2,500 miles away. They had not been living in the same household for more than a decade prior to RFG's disappearance.

Second, RFG did provide financially for her, so that could even be part of a motive. People have been even known to commit suicide to provide for family.
I'm from the deep South and we often refer to our adult offspring as child/children. Sorry to offend you.

I'm from the deep South and we often refer to our adult offspring as child/children. Sorry to offend you.
I'm not offended, but we all need to be clear that she was not some sheltered child dependent on "Daddy." In 2005 LAG was an adult. She had several years of college, was in her mid-20, in a relationship, and had worked in several jobs.

I'm not offended, but we all need to be clear that she was not some sheltered child dependent on "Daddy." In 2005 LAG was an adult. She had several years of college, was in her mid-20, in a relationship, and had worked in several jobs.
I knew the daughter has been an adult for a long, long time because I've been following R. Griscar for years. My point was that one could walk-away from a career and a lover but more difficult to leave behind a son/daughter. I never stated that he financially supported the adult daughter.

Often People who do not receive a refund wait until the deadline, especially if there’s a payment due to the IRS.
You can file early even if you owe and make the payment on April 15 (you get a voucher to send with the payment).

My opinion, if thought he was going away voluntarily or ending his life, this was just a loose end to wrap up and not leave for someone else.

So there is no security cameras situated in or around any of these places where witnesses claim to have seen Ray?
No. It was 2005. There was a camera at the courthouse, and RFG shows up the evening of 4/14/05.

The route is largely rural. Even today, I would not be overly surprised if someone driving from Pleasant Gap to Lewisburg via Route 192 would not be caught on video.

No. It was 2005. There was a camera at the courthouse, and RFG shows up the evening of 4/14/05.

The route is largely rural. Even today, I would not be overly surprised if someone driving from Pleasant Gap to Lewisburg via Route 192 would not be caught on video.
Security cameras were not as common as now; however, I had two on my house back in the early 1990s. I had to be able to go to work and still know who was messing around on my property while I was at work (good neighborhood/bad neighbor). Hopefully, police still asked around as to who might have them.

Security cameras were not as common as now; however, I had two on my house back in the early 1990s. I had to be able to go to work and still know who was messing around on my property while I was at work (good neighborhood/bad neighbor). Hopefully, police still asked around as to who might have them.
Remember that, even more so then, the area is very rural. Doorbell cameras were unheard of in that area.

If he walked away, I wonder how likely it is that he used a common trick and assumed a dead child's identity.

There is the cases of Lori Ruff, Joseph Newton Chandler, Paul Harrod, and Kimberly Kessler. All of them assumed a dead child's identity that was close in age to them.

Interestingly, IIRC, Paul Harrod (who's real identity is still not know this day) was thought to have pronounced some words that hinted him from being from PA. Lori Ruff was from PA, and I believe Kimberly Kessler (real name Jennifer Sybert) was also from PA.

Both Harrod and Newton Chandler used South Dakota as a place to do a few things with their identity maneuvering.

IIRC Harrod's car was found in Colorado, and Kessler lived in Colorado.

Kessler used Ohio as a place to live for a while, Harrod assumed a dead child's identity that lived in Ohio, and Newton Chandler was born in Ohio.

Ruff and Kessler both lived in Texas and Newton Chandler stole the identity of a boy who lived in Texas.

Coincidences? Maybe.

I always feel like there is patterns and repetitions and that a large quantity of things can be figured out that way.

If he walked away, I would not be surprised if he used and identity broker, put the "ghosting" technique into play as described, and is now living in Ohio, Texas, or Colorado.

If he walked away, I wonder how likely it is that he used a common trick and assumed a dead child's identity.

There is the cases of Lori Ruff, Joseph Newton Chandler, Paul Harrod, and Kimberly Kessler. All of them assumed a dead child's identity that was close in age to them.

Interestingly, IIRC, Paul Harrod (who's real identity is still not know this day) was thought to have pronounced some words that hinted him from being from PA. Lori Ruff was from PA, and I believe Kimberly Kessler (real name Jennifer Sybert) was also from PA.

Both Harrod and Newton Chandler used South Dakota as a place to do a few things with their identity maneuvering.

IIRC Harrod's car was found in Colorado, and Kessler lived in Colorado.

Kessler used Ohio as a place to live for a while, Harrod assumed a dead child's identity that lived in Ohio, and Newton Chandler was born in Ohio.

Ruff and Kessler both lived in Texas and Newton Chandler stole the identity of a boy who lived in Texas.

Coincidences? Maybe.

I always feel like there is patterns and repetitions and that a large quantity of things can be figured out that way.

If he walked away, I would not be surprised if he used and identity broker, put the "ghosting" technique into play as described, and is now living in Ohio, Texas, or Colorado.
You gotta wonder, how many people had he run across during his tenure as DA that he knew could create a new identity for him. Ray could have bent/broke the rules and dropped charges on someone in return for a new identity.

You gotta wonder, how many people had he run across during his tenure as DA that he knew could create a new identity for him. Ray could have bent/broke the rules and dropped charges on someone in return for a new identity.

I do remember Robin Warder's rendition on TheTrialWentCold, Ray was spotted meeting with a mystery woman at an antiques shop a couple of times.

Makes me wonder what their relationship was…

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abbeybabzxx
Back