PA PA - Dorothy Forstein, 40, Philadelphia, 18 Oct 1949

That's a very strange case in my opinion. I also think that the abductor (or murderer or whoever it was) acted somewhat weird about the kid who saw him, too. It feels like he was almost protective of this child. I mean, what type of a murderer would tell a witness, even a child, "Go back to sleep, little one, your mommy is sick?" I think that type of man would have threaten this child and tell her something like "Go to bed and keep your mouth shut", this sort of thing. And then he locked the door? Why? Very strange.

That's a very strange case in my opinion. I also think that the abductor (or murderer or whoever it was) acted somewhat weird about the kid who saw him, too. It feels like he was almost protective of this child. I mean, what type of a murderer would tell a witness, even a child, "Go back to sleep, little one, your mommy is sick?" I think that type of man would have threaten this child and tell her something like "Go to bed and keep your mouth shut", this sort of thing. And then he locked the door? Why? Very strange.
A hit man hired by the husband and told not to harm the children would act precisely that way, i.m.h.o. Others have expressed interest in knowing how Jules Forstein's first wife died; I'd like to know the answer to that question myself.

A hit man hired by the husband and told not to harm the children would act precisely that way, i.m.h.o. Others have expressed interest in knowing how Jules Forstein's first wife died; I'd like to know the answer to that question myself.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. I'm sure that the husband has something to do with both of these incidents.

When did Jules Forstein die? What do we know about his first wife and is Dorothy's daughter still alive? What neighborhood did she vanish from?

I hope this death certificate is readable - not sure what the best way to attach it is (would welcome guidance from others who have been on WS longer!). It looks like the informant for the DC was Sol. Forstein. This may be his father based on the information on Find A Grave.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 42410_2421406271_1028-00327.jpg
    42410_2421406271_1028-00327.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 142
Death Certificate for Mollye/Polly Forstein - indicates infection after cesarean birth of child as the cause of death.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 42342_647680_0943-01529.jpg
    42342_647680_0943-01529.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 129
1960 announcement where the older daughter and her husband announced the engagement/marriage of her sister, Marcy.
A search for Marcy Forstein gives this link: http://gwf225.tripod.com/ghs57mfs.html Names/dates match up to make it appear that this is the correct Marcy Forstein who was the 9 year old present at the time mom disappeared. She also mentions managing a law firm at some point in her career, which might explain the letter received in response to more recent blog posts about the disappearance.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Wedding Announcement for Marcy Forstein.jpg
    Wedding Announcement for Marcy Forstein.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 147
In my family history, my great grandfather had my great grandmother wasinstitunutionalized. It was a big family secret at the time since mental illness was not understood the way it is today. They basically locked you up and left you there. In an earlier post, it had said she was not the same after her first attack. What are the chances she taken away just for that reason? Her husband would have wanted to keep it a secret given his job, not have wanted his children to see her taken away by him, and the "kidnapper" would have been given a key to enter, perhaps medicine to sedate her, and papers that she was being committed if he was stopped by authorities. . It would also explain why a cease and desist order was given by the family in later years. Did he ever remarry?

If the first wife died of infection after childbirth, I don't find that suspicious, unless she was poisoned and then infection was listed as a coverup, which I doubt.

The older daughter managed a law firm? And you think the letters warning people off investigating Dorothy's death come from her?

In my family history, my great grandfather had my great grandmother wasinstitunutionalized. It was a big family secret at the time since mental illness was not understood the way it is today. They basically locked you up and left you there. In an earlier post, it had said she was not the same after her first attack. What are the chances she taken away just for that reason? Her husband would have wanted to keep it a secret given his job, not have wanted his children to see her taken away by him, and the "kidnapper" would have been given a key to enter, perhaps medicine to sedate her, and papers that she was being committed if he was stopped by authorities. . It would also explain why a cease and desist order was given by the family in later years. Did he ever remarry?

Now THAT ^ is a theory that would explain everything! (Even if he did remarry, it could well be she died under institutional care, thus leaving him free.)

it would also explain what the man met by saying your mommy is sick but she will be ok now.

The first hit didn't work, the second one did.
So odd that the family wants this kept quiet.
I'm very suspicious of someone who waits two days to report their spouse missing,especially after the first vicious attack.
Poor Dorothy gets zero justice.

The first hit didn't work, the second one did.
So odd that the family wants this kept quiet.
I'm very suspicious of someone who waits two days to report their spouse missing,especially after the first vicious attack. Poor Dorothy gets zero justice.
BBM for focus
Families can be weird like that.

I find it very telling that after the first attack she was hyper paranoid, keeping doors locked, etc, yet the husband didn't report this second incident for two days,then claims she insisted he go ahead to banquet without her,and she would be all honky dory.

Sounds to me that someone must have been given a key. To gain entry.
The banquet was the perfect alibi.
I can't believe this case hasn't been solved.
It really stinks.

Yeah, where was Dorothy's family in all this? Such an odd case and even more odd that for whatever reason, after all these years, there seem to be those who don't want this case looked into.
Who wouldn't want their Mama's murder/ disappearance solved?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back