GUILTY PA - Dr. Melissa Ketunuti, 35, murdered in her Philly home, 21 Jan 2013

Possible but would she have allowed him access into the building?

Did she live in a doorman/concierge building?

No, she didn't live in doorman/concierge building.
And that person might have jumped her as she was unlocking her door, she didn't have to allow him/her access into her house.

No, she didn't live in doorman/concierge building.
And that person might have jumped her as she was unlocking her door, she didn't have to allow him/her access into her house.

But then someone would have heard her scream or seen this perp jumping her at the front door, no?

Didn't an early article say that her building was in a very public, visible area?

But then someone would have heard her scream or seen this perp jumping her at the front door, no?

Didn't an early article say that her building was in a very public, visible area?

They could have jumped her quickly without giving her an opportunity to scream.

She lived in a house. Not a multi unit building.

Latest article says she was strangled with a belt. There is a big reward for the killer.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8965078

bourne said "Well, unless LE states otherwise, I would not be presuming facts not in evidence. " No obvious signs of sexual assault does not mean there wasn't one. There could have been one, but it wasn't obvious. This sort of crime usually has a sexual aspect. She had lived in the neighborhood for 3 years. Was frequently seen on long jogs in the area, anyone could have followed her home and could have been watching her. He could have had a friendly "hi neighbor" type of relationship and conned his way into her home. He may have been off work due to the holiday.

Latest article says she was strangled with a belt. There is a big reward for the killer.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8965078

bourne said "Well, unless LE states otherwise, I would not be presuming facts not in evidence. " No obvious signs of sexual assault does not mean there wasn't one. There could have been one, but it wasn't obvious. This sort of crime usually has a sexual aspect. She had lived in the neighborhood for 3 years. Was frequently seen on long jogs in the area, anyone could have followed her home and could have been watching her. He could have had a friendly "hi neighbor" type of relationship and conned his way into her home. He may have been off work due to the holiday.

She was found fully clothed and at this time police don't believe she was sexually assaulted (according to the video at that link).

She was found fully clothed and at this time police don't believe she was sexually assaulted (according to the video at that link).

Thanks, the video is an update and was not there when I first looked at the site. At the end of the video it says there may have been another man besides the boyfriend.

Thanks, the video is an update and was not there when I first looked at the site. At the end of the video it says there may have been another man besides the boyfriend.

Yep, that reporter said she might have been seeing another man and police are going to investigate that angle as well. Certainly sounds like an interesting angle. Her boyfriend, as I understand it, lived in New York, and long distance relationships are hard to maintain.

Hmm, that is interesting that she may have been seeing another man. It's good to know that LE will investigate that angle and hopefully, be able to rule out the other man if he had nothing to do with Melissa's tragic death. JMO, MOO

They could have jumped her quickly without giving her an opportunity to scream.

Wouldn't there be physical evidence of her getting jumped and assaulted upon entering her home?

As opposed to her jumped and assaulted inside the home?

On news video, police said surveillance videos of her home do not show that she was followed.

So this would suggest that her attacker(s) were inside her home already or that she let them in after she entered.

I'm curious whether there were any other ways of entering into her home besides the front door. Since the police have surveillance videos of the comings and goings in and out of her front entrance, this attacker likely went in through another entrance.

On news video, police said surveillance videos of her home do not show that she was followed.

So this would suggest that her attacker(s) were inside her home already or that she let them in after she entered.

I'm curious whether there were any other ways of entering into her home besides the front door. Since the police have surveillance videos of the comings and goings in and out of her front entrance, this attacker likely went in through another entrance.

They don't have a video of the entrance to her house. They have video of her running errands somewhere, not video of the entrance to her house.

You don't have to "jump" someone. We call that "bum rushed" and it happens way too often. I would think the Doctor was street smart enough to have her key ready, and paid attention. Then again she could have had more than one bag from shopping and had to mess with those so it's plausible.

My DD lived seriously close to there with roomies and I never stopped reminding her of the ley and make sure someone is home first or if you're first be in touch. There are lunatics out there.

I wonder if she had a cleaning person? We know she had a dog walker. How many people had that key?

Wouldn't there be physical evidence of her getting jumped and assaulted upon entering her home?

bourne, you don't have to get "jumped" for someone to follow you in. There's a ton of people just roaming around CC looking to rob someone and in that area and those like it they look for women. This absolutely wouldn't be the first time some nut job just came up behind a person and waltzed in behind them while threatening them without beating them.

About two years ago there were waaaaaaay too many of these kind of crimes commited. That's even in one case with a doorman present.

It's the rope and tape though that throws me off. Where'd they get it? How long did it take to look for it? As far as the brutality there's crazy, nasty, mean people out there on those streets who will just set you afire for the he** of it.

They don't have a video of the entrance to her house. They have video of her running errands somewhere, not video of the entrance to her house.

Then why did they say in the video that they have surveillance videos that showed that no one followed her home? How would they know that if they only have videos of her running errands and not near her home? That's just crazy and illogical for the police to outright state that she was not followed home without having direct evidence showing her entering her home without someone behind her!

The house has a door to the backyard, if that's what you're asking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back