PA PA - Ed, 30, & Stephanie Hunsberger, 24, King of Prussia, 25 Feb 1978

AFAIK, Jay Smith was considered an unofficial suspect in the case. If you believe JS 'disappeared' Karen Reinert, he might have been very good at getting rid of people, never to be found. IMHO.

The way I read it in the article I posted recently, Stephanie's father was already in jail when the informant reported seeing her last.
If she turns out to be BG or another JD (should her prints or DNA get compared to any UPs) we would know for sure if it were him or if she and Ed just took off, like her father believed.

According to this article from 1998, Stephanie's fingerprints were compared to prints found in the Reinert car but didn't match, so hers are out there:

The same article states an informant had interacted with Stephanie as late as 1979

It's also mentioned she was a prostitute.
http://articles.philly.com/1998-12-28/news/25723949_1_ironclad-alibi-informant-investigators

I'd be interested in what else the "confidential informant" had to offer. It seems rather strange to me that he/she would only say they saw the Stephanie as late as 1979. Was he/she a pimp, a prostitute? What prompted this informant to come forward with that specific information? Was that the only information given?

This case is so convoluted and unbelievable. I live around the general area and wonder if anyone else in the area would be interested in getting together and doing some serious sleuthing/searching about the whole case?

One more time - if anyone feels strong enough to put boots on the ground for Stephanie, Eddie, and the Reinert children,let me know. I want to walk the earth they trod, search the very soil. There is an answer, convoluted though it may be and I want to find it. If anyone is interested, just say so, we will walk and search it together. Book by book, inch by inch and place by place. Let me know.

I just stumbled upon them today, too.
Given their lifestyle, they both should have fingerprints on file somewhere that they can scare up.
Per the article I posted a little while ago, Stephanie's are on file someplace.

Amy Dobbs is working with the Pennsylvania State Police to get that information added. A PSP investigator has been assigned to work on getting the additional information entered into the NamUS system but considering the background of the case, it may take awhile. Both of the Hunsbergers' had arrest records so we know that there are at least fingerprints that exist.

One more time - if anyone feels strong enough to put boots on the ground for Stephanie, Eddie, and the Reinert children,let me know. I want to walk the earth they trod, search the very soil. There is an answer, convoluted though it may be and I want to find it. If anyone is interested, just say so, we will walk and search it together. Book by book, inch by inch and place by place. Let me know.

Trident, I'm toooo far away, but applaud your plan!

Interesting that more than one person claims to have seen them after they disappeared. I still think she's a good look alike to Buckskin Girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to find more contemporary images of Stephanie and Eddie. Both are mugshots.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• HunsbergerEdward Mugshot.png
    HunsbergerEdward Mugshot.png
    187.8 KB · Views: 132
  • HunsbergerEdward Mugshot 2.png
    HunsbergerEdward Mugshot 2.png
    293.1 KB · Views: 128
  • HunsbergerStephanie Mugshot.png
    HunsbergerStephanie Mugshot.png
    391.1 KB · Views: 128
63ae423e99c76af6b1d30641eb4521fb.jpg

Different looks of Stephanie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a side view of her?

From that photo, I can definitely see that she's not Buckskin Girl. Her temples are too wide with respect to her eyes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back