PA PA - Fort Indiantown Gap, WhtFem 12-20, 609UFPA, extensive dental work, covered w/ plastic, Oct'73

Suggestionsmade in this thread forthis uid, a summery:

Barbara Jean Aleksivich (Maiden NameJones) from Bath NY / submitted by CarlK by-mail to Investigator Wheaton (post2-1-2012, # 2) / Unknown if she is ruledout.

Sandra Hopler / submitted by Taramarie as a potential match to this UID about 4years ago (ca. 2010) to the Pennsylvania State Police, who are in charge ofSandra's case. (post 10-15-2014,# 9 / They had already been compared & werenot a match / Ruled out

Helen Allison / suggested by Migmuu in thread (post 03-20-2015, # 10 / Inanother thread https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?111774-NY-Rosemary-Hamilton-Buck-20-Syracuse-11-Aug-1973(post 6-12-2017 # 14) by Odyssey a family member supposedly said “that’s nother/ Follow up?

Betsy Langjahr / thought by LE to be UID / found alive and safe / # 14 / Ruledout

Jan Cotta / DD Byrd states
“This Doe's DNA is currently being testedagainst Jan Cotta's - missing in 1973 from NJ”(post 10-14-2015, # 15) / Followup?

Dianne Todd, missing April 1973 from Virginia / suggested by catherene. (post01-08-2016, # 22) and ms indigojazz(post 04-04-2017, # 82) / Follow up?

Rosemarie Roginski / suggested by HerStory (post 03-23-2016, # 25) / Reactionby CCJD “The LE contact is the same for both the unidentified girl andRosemarie so pretty good bet she's being checked and is likely how/whyRosemarie was put into NamUs”, Carbuff also wants her to be submitted / Unknownof she is submitted and/or ruled out / follow up?

Rosemary E. Hamilton Buck / suggested by CountEveryMoment (post04-23-2016, # 41)/ according to JasonFutchLakeCity # 875-28-2017 she still wasn’t submitted/per Ms Schweizer Namus Rosemary wassubmitted in 2015, no comment on follow up (JasonFutchLakeCity, post 6-8-2017 #93)/ruled out per Trooper Trate at the Jonestown Barracks of the PSP (post6-12-2017 # 96/ there seems to be a mix up between an in the meantime identified female which was not a match with Rosemary/pending.. according to family member ReneeMossotti in Rosemary's thread they try to get another look at this UID and Rosemary.

A list of suggestions by EmmaliLucia based on dates, stats and isotopes (posts03-31-2017, # 67, # 68, # 69) containing Joyce Brewer,
Carlene Tengelsen, Gail Joiner (
post 04-11-2017, # 83, by ms indigo jazz , did some digging..Gail Joinermoved to Florida from Michigan with her family just a few months before herdisappearance. That means she grew up outside the isotope map and she'sprobably not "our" Jane Doe.Christine Seal, Judy Davis,Alexis Dugan,Alice Reeves, Deborah Lowe, Sherry Jones and Margie Snead /further compairingof the stats and circumstances required to narrow down the possibilities, imo.

Pamela Hobley / suggested by myself Bit of Hope (post 03-31-2017, # 70) imo nomatch afterall / not submitted

Megan Emerick / mentioned by Bit of Hope / she is from Alaska, don’t fit inIsotopes, with 5’4” smaller then UID, but something with her nose and otherstats fit / decided not to submit (for now)

Sheryl Tillinghast / suggested by theshadow45 (post 04-02-2017,# 73) / CCJDstates “According to the now-retired PSP Corporal who had JaneDoe's case in2006, Sheryl was ruled out in 2005 via fingerprint comparison(post 04-02-2017,# 79 / considered to be ruled out

Julia Newman also known as Julia Greene (from police bulletin the sheriff star 1973)/suggestedby Madamx (post # 85 4-29-2017)/ There is no missing persons file on theinternet to be found, maybe she is no longer missing?

SharonLynn Pretorius/suggested by Velociraptor (post 5-31-2017 #88)/per post CCJD “Sharonwas submitted to PSP back in 2006. I'm pretty sure she was ruled out by dentals”(post 6-1-2017 # 90)/follow up?

CarleneTengelsen/suggested by Dogperson (post 2-23-2017 # 101)/follow up?

If youhave any contribution or answers...please fill it in....

Probably already posted, but relevant for focus.

"She was not a local person. She was not raised in Lebanon County and that is a major step forward."

Based on the <chemical isotope> testing, Jane Doe likely grew up in the southeastern region of the U.S., said Schweiker. A large area that includes Central-Eastern Texas, eastern Oklahoma, Arkansas, southern Missouri, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, central and southern West Virginia, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, southern and eastern Virginia into southern Maryland and Delaware shores.

Anthropological exams were also conducted to gather clues to her identity, including that she was Caucasian, possibly of Southeastern European descent, about 14 to 19 years old and was between 5-feet 5-inches to 5-feet 8-inches in height. She had been dead one to three weeks, but the exams still could not determine her manner of death.

New clues may help identify Jane Doe

Southeastern-Europe contains the following country's:

Albania
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bulgaria
Cyprus
Greece
Kosovo
Croatia
Macedonia
Moldavia
Montenegro
Romania
Serbia
Turkey

My thoughts; if she was from Southeastern European decent there is a possibility that she had a surname common to those country's.
For example:
Roginski (highest density of the name in Lithuanian, which is not in the southeast of Europe btw)
Aleksivich (highest density in US, but with a little different spelling Belarus, also not in the southeast)

There is a sizable population of Serbian and Croatian Catholics in Steelton PA, just south of Harrisburg. However, given the proximity to Fort Indiantown Gap, and really nothing else (seriously it's on the edge of what's called St. Anthony's Wilderness), I'd be inclined to look for someone that was temporarily stationed at the base. Granted, it is a PA National Guard Training Facility, but that doesn't mean someone from the Regular Army wasn't stationed there for one reason or another at the time... the UID could be a relative, or significant other. This would explain the history of living in the South East US. I wouldn't read too much into the Eastern European heritage, as many, many people have an Eastern European background. I feel that finding someone who came from the South East US (as wide as a swath that is) is the key to identifying the UID.

There is a sizable population of Serbian and Croatian Catholics in Steelton PA, just south of Harrisburg. However, given the proximity to Fort Indiantown Gap, and really nothing else (seriously it's on the edge of what's called St. Anthony's Wilderness), I'd be inclined to look for someone that was temporarily stationed at the base. Granted, it is a PA National Guard Training Facility, but that doesn't mean someone from the Regular Army wasn't stationed there for one reason or another at the time... the UID could be a relative, or significant other. This would explain the history of living in the South East US. I wouldn't read too much into the Eastern European heritage, as many, many people have an Eastern European background. I feel that finding someone who came from the South East US (as wide as a swath that is) is the key to identifying the UID.

Hi JMT, welcome. You a probably right about the eastern European heritage. BTW Roginski and Aleksevich are surnames of missing girls mentioned in this thread, in case you missed it. I searched for missing persons this morning from the isotope area, who could fit this UID (like many, many people before) and didn't came up with anybody new. I'm afraid this girl wasn't reported missing or they didn't want to make a rapport for some reason (runaway) or somebody who should have reported her missing did this to her. There is a big chance she isn't in any missing persons database.

During the late 1960s and early 1970s, during the Vietnam War, Fort Indiantown Gap served as one of the largest Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) summer camps for the U.S. Army.

Fort Indiantown Gap - Wikipedia

Then I came across this, which is very interesting.

History | U.S. Army Cadet Command

The draft ended in 1973 and as might be expected, total ROTC enrollment declined significantly. But under a pilot program, women became eligible to enroll in Army ROTC in the 1972–73 school year. The pilot program proved successful and in short order, the program was commissioning female lieutenants.

Maybe this UID was on the pilot-program....just speculation.

Suggestionsmade in this thread forthis uid, a summery:
Barbara Jean Aleksivich (Maiden NameJones) from Bath NY / submitted by CarlK by-mail to Investigator Wheaton (post2-1-2012, # 2) / Unknown if she is ruledout.
Sandra Hopler / submitted by Taramarie as a potential match to this UID about 4years ago (ca. 2010) to the Pennsylvania State Police, who are in charge ofSandra's case. (post 10-15-2014,# 9 / They had already been compared & werenot a match / Ruled out
Helen Allison / suggested by Migmuu in thread (post 03-20-2015, # 10 / Inanother thread https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?111774-NY-Rosemary-Hamilton-Buck-20-Syracuse-11-Aug-1973(post 6-12-2017 # 14) by Odyssey a family member supposedly said &#8220;that&#8217;s nother/ Follow up?

Betsy Langjahr / thought by LE to be UID / found alive and safe / # 14 / Ruledout
Jan Cotta / DD Byrd states
&#8220;This Doe's DNA is currently being testedagainst Jan Cotta's - missing in 1973 from NJ&#8221;(post 10-14-2015, # 15) / Followup?
Dianne Todd, missing April 1973 from Virginia / suggested by catherene. (post01-08-2016, # 22) and ms indigojazz(post 04-04-2017, # 82) / Follow up?
Rosemarie Roginski / suggested by HerStory (post 03-23-2016, # 25) / Reactionby CCJD &#8220;The LE contact is the same for both the unidentified girl andRosemarie so pretty good bet she's being checked and is likely how/whyRosemarie was put into NamUs&#8221;, Carbuff also wants her to be submitted / Unknownof she is submitted and/or ruled out / follow up?
Rosemary E. Hamilton Buck / suggested by CountEveryMoment (post04-23-2016, # 41)/ according to JasonFutchLakeCity # 875-28-2017 she still wasn&#8217;t submitted/per Ms Schweizer Namus Rosemary wassubmitted in 2015, no comment on follow up (JasonFutchLakeCity, post 6-8-2017 #93)/ruled out per Trooper Trate at the Jonestown Barracks of the PSP (post6-12-2017 # 96/ there seems to be a mix up between an in the meantime identified female which was not a match with Rosemary/pending.. according to family member ReneeMossotti in Rosemary's thread they try to get another look at this UID and Rosemary.
A list of suggestions by EmmaliLucia based on dates, stats and isotopes (posts03-31-2017, # 67, # 68, # 69) containing Joyce Brewer,
Carlene Tengelsen, Gail Joiner (
post 04-11-2017, # 83, by ms indigo jazz , did some digging..Gail Joinermoved to Florida from Michigan with her family just a few months before herdisappearance. That means she grew up outside the isotope map and she'sprobably not "our" Jane Doe.Christine Seal, Judy Davis,Alexis Dugan,Alice Reeves, Deborah Lowe, Sherry Jones and Margie Snead /further compairingof the stats and circumstances required to narrow down the possibilities, imo.
Pamela Hobley / suggested by myself Bit of Hope (post 03-31-2017, # 70) imo nomatch afterall / not submitted
Megan Emerick / mentioned by Bit of Hope / she is from Alaska, don&#8217;t fit inIsotopes, with 5&#8217;4&#8221; smaller then UID, but something with her nose and otherstats fit / decided not to submit (for now)
Sheryl Tillinghast / suggested by theshadow45 (post 04-02-2017,# 73) / CCJDstates &#8220;According to the now-retired PSP Corporal who had JaneDoe's case in2006, Sheryl was ruled out in 2005 via fingerprint comparison(post 04-02-2017,# 79 / considered to be ruled out

Julia Newman also known as Julia Greene (from police bulletin the sheriff star 1973)/suggestedby Madamx (post # 85 4-29-2017)/ There is no missing persons file on theinternet to be found, maybe she is no longer missing?

SharonLynn Pretorius/suggested by Velociraptor (post 5-31-2017 #88)/per post CCJD &#8220;Sharonwas submitted to PSP back in 2006. I'm pretty sure she was ruled out by dentals&#8221;(post 6-1-2017 # 90)/follow up?

CarleneTengelsen/suggested by Dogperson (post 2-23-2017 # 101)/follow up?

If youhave any contribution or answers...please fill it in....

Is there any news on rule outs?

636259715164034743-Jane-Doe.jpg

I wonder if her nose is accurate, in the recon. It would be really recognizable on a missing person.

I wonder if her nose is accurate, in the recon. It would be really recognizable on a missing person.

I'd say it's pretty accurate. It's certainly in line with how it was described in an article from Feb 1974 (pertinent part of the article is attached). <modsnip: added clippings>

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say it's pretty accurate. It's certainly in line with how it was described in an article from Feb 1974 (pertinent part of the article is attached). <modsnip: added clippings>

Thanks for the info on the rule out list and the clipping CCJD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember vaguely that I read about a serial killer who's father was a professional/inventor/had a PHd of plastics....but I can't find it anymore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spunky55
Back