GUILTY PA - Four mentally disabled people held captive in Philly dungeon, 2011

Anyone know if the little kids have been placed with family yet?? Last I read they were in state care, and Edwins brother and his wife were trying to get custody of them

The crimes alleged in the 196-count indictment against Linda Ann Weston and four others include much of the depravity and sadism that emerged when police found the dirty, emaciated victims locked in a Tacony basement in October 2011.

But the inch-thick document, which followed a yearlong probe, adds stomach-turning details and a new defendant, and casts the crimes in a wider light. Like a mob boss or gang leader, it says, Weston led a decadelong enterprise that targeted the most vulnerable of victims for alleged kidnapping, torture, sex-trafficking, and fraud.

"Shocking does not begin to describe the criminal allegations in this case, where the victims were tied up and confined like zoo animals and treated like property akin to slaves," U.S. Attorney Zane David Memeger said as he and officials from the FBI, IRS, and other agencies announced the case.

- from a more detailed article here.

I'm wondering when this case will go to trial. I have not been able to find anything in the news about a trial date, or anything else for that matter. The last news articles were from January 2013 at the time of the grand jury indictment.

http://articles.philly.com/2015-04-...ungeon-case-eddie-ray-wright-linda-ann-weston

A self-described ordained preacher faces the prospect of life in prison after pleading guilty Thursday to federal charges that he helped detain, abuse, and exploit mentally disabled people held captive in what has become known as Philadelphia's Tacony dungeon case.

Eddie Ray Wright, 54, became the second of five defendants to plead guilty in a scheme whose alleged ringleader, Linda Ann Weston, is charged with defrauding the Social Security Administration by targeting, confining, and abusing people while stealing their disability benefits...

The judge did not set a sentencing date, given the government's pending case against the others.

I just read through this whole thread. I hope that this woman is suffering in prison! Evil personified! And I pray that all these abused and tortured prisoners will be placed in loving environments and allowed to grow and live peacefully and have fun like ol' Edwin :) Any updates from Philadelphians?

http://6abc.com/news/weston-pleads-guilty-in-tacony-dungeon-case/975747/

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia woman, accused of holding disabled adults captive in order to collect their benefit payments, has pleaded guilty.

55-year-old Linda Weston pleaded guilty Wednesday to all charges in a racketeering and hate crimes case.

Weston faced a list of charges including murder, kidnapping and sex trafficking.

Weston's sentencing hearing has been scheduled for November 5, 2015. She faces life in prison plus 80 years consecutive, restitution, and fines.

More at link. :( How horrific.

The way this young man described the Boyz II Men concert really tore at my heart. Can you imagine being drugged and chained up and abused by your own mother and you finally escape on the 4th of July and go to the concert?

This article spoke volumes in my opinion save for our sensationalized page blaring "Son Of A Witch". A witches creed when working in light is do no harm to others.

She commited him to EPI? That is no joke that place. However EPI found him mentally stable. That sure had to make her furious.

It's very understandable he is angry at the system. DHS failed these poor kids including his sister who is now locked up. Teachers at Roberto Clemente failed him. The old Clemente school is middle school and let me say that too was no picnic if you went there. I have to give the teachers credit for at least having some sort of meeting, but they got duped by Weston. Thankfully she didn't show up at Frankford High so he could go with Baxter and have a chance.

Here's my question. Where the heck is Mr. McIntosh? Did he fail anyone? The paternal grandmom took the kids when Weston got sent to prison so they had to have some idea where McIntosh was. Did he too die? Was he murdered? Or did he just leave Weston after birthing three children with Weston?

"Nobody wants to see their mother locked up". Bless him. He has compassion. Your own mother tortures you and locks you in a basment in Frankford and feeds you only Raman noodles and drugs you yet she is still your mother.

Kudos to Ms. Baxter for caring for a young man who needed help. She did a great job caring for a nice young man.

Also how was Weston having his welfare checks sent to her when he went into the Job Corps?
He is still alive

I watched the Netflix movie "Fall from Grace", I think, with Phylicia Rashad. I thought this was a fictional story, but reminded me so much of MONSTER Linda Weston.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back