Found Deceased PA - Franchesca Alvarado, 22, Philadelphia, 17 March 2012

I looked at every bridge from AC to Corson's Inlet, which is south of Ocean City NJ.

I will presume a man dumped her body. I will presume he dumped it off a bridge. Otherwise it would wash up within days or weeks, and this has been March 2012 to August 2013, 17 months. (presuming she was killed in March 2012)

There are only 7 bridges that fit my logic, but vast area to search. I doubt there are resources to do searches on that large of a scale. Definitely not water searches.

I will post the bridges in a while.

The 7 red squares mark the bridges I chose. There are a few more, but don't seem feasible, and a couple of these are a real stretch too.
#1 being the closest to AC and so on.

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

Mods, I have no clue how to add the little inset pics. If you want this smaller for bandwidths sake, please reduce the size.

Thank you for taking the time to put that together Reckonwith!

I looked at every bridge from AC to Corson's Inlet, which is south of Ocean City NJ.

I will presume a man dumped her body. I will presume he dumped it off a bridge. Otherwise it would wash up within days or weeks, and this has been March 2012 to August 2013, 17 months. (presuming she was killed in March 2012)

There are only 7 bridges that fit my logic, but vast area to search. I doubt there are resources to do searches on that large of a scale. Definitely not water searches.

I will post the bridges in a while.

As well as not washing up after Sandy
Thank you for the research you've done

I think Sandy brought her to shore.

The one who dropped her into the water never expected she would be found in that vast expanse of water, probably expected her to be washed out with the tides.

Since they now have the body, such as it is, I hope they can make an arrest. What I hope the most is that the others who might know something come forward as witnesses. But I realistically don't have much expectation for it.

Interesting about th body in FL. The necklace looks very similar to me.
The family says the foot found in NJ has been tentatively ID'ed as Franchesca's.
Is the body in FL missing a foot?

While they do look similar the second picture seems to have pink stones in it whereas the first one appears plain with no coloured stones.

Not sure if one of the mods want to merge the NJ sneaker post with this one now that it's been confirmed.

I think Sandy brought her to shore.

The one who dropped her into the water never expected she would be found in that vast expanse of water, probably expected her to be washed out with the tides.

Since they now have the body, such as it is, I hope they can make an arrest. What I hope the most is that the others who might know something come forward as witnesses. But I realistically don't have much expectation for it.

I hope they find the rest of her remains.
I can't even begin to imagine how they'll figure out the starting point. I don't doubt they will get a few experts in.

Missing Philly woman's family turns despair into charity in Atlantic City

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/Missing_Philly_womans_family_turns_despair_into_charity_in_Atlantic_City.html

"Last year, it was therapeutic for me to go out there. This year, it's more to give back to the universe, because the universe did give me something back, though it's something that I never thought would happen to our lives."

And, due to an outpouring of support drawn by publicity surrounding Alvarado's case - much of it garnered through social media - Team Cheka will be armed with a much larger arsenal of supplies.

"This year, people have been donating to the cause and helping more," Casteing said. "We have clothes to give out, full meals to give out, two turkeys to give out. We've made desserts for them. We have sneakers and blankets for the homeless out there. And we have 2,000 flyers we're going to give out to the neighborhood, as well as local hotels and places on the boardwalk, just to see if someone speaks up, now that we know something did happen in Atlantic City. We just don't know what."

What a beautiful thing for Checka's family to do in her memory. It's like laughter through tears- seeing people turn tragedy in to doing good works for others.

Sending love to the Alvarado family.

The loved ones of DiNardo’s victims have joined a sorrowful club that includes the family of Franchesca “Checka”Alvarado, 22, who never returned home to Hunting Park after a trip to Atlantic City in March 2013. She was missing for 18 months before her severed leg washed ashore in Corson’s Inlet, N.J. Her death is unsolved.

“I asked God that, if Checka was dead, to give me something, even a little finger of hers, so I would stop worrying that she was being tortured,” says Checka’s sister. “God gave me a whole leg. That sounds gruesome, unless you know what it’s like to have someone missing.”

And if you do, you understand.

http://www.philly.com/philly/column...n-hope-for-the-missing-runs-out-20170714.html

The loved ones of DiNardo’s victims have joined a sorrowful club that includes the family of Franchesca “Checka”Alvarado, 22, who never returned home to Hunting Park after a trip to Atlantic City in March 2013. She was missing for 18 months before her severed leg washed ashore in Corson’s Inlet, N.J. Her death is unsolved.

“I asked God that, if Checka was dead, to give me something, even a little finger of hers, so I would stop worrying that she was being tortured,” says Checka’s sister. “God gave me a whole leg. That sounds gruesome, unless you know what it’s like to have someone missing.”

And if you do, you understand.

http://www.philly.com/philly/column...n-hope-for-the-missing-runs-out-20170714.html
Gosh, that has to be one of the most heartbreaking quotes I've ever read. [emoji22] Truly a case where the saying, "no news is good news" is NOT true; my heart goes out to her.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

When Frances comes across news stories about human remains found, a few times near where Franchesca went missing, she calls medical examiners.

She asks: Do they belong to my sister?

On occasion, they have.

A few months after Franchesca’s foot was found, the family said, her femur was discovered in the same waters.

In 2015, her tibia.

“It’s so bittersweet,” Frances said. “I get this sense of joy, like a spiritual joy, that Franchesca is like spiritually cheering me on, ‘Yes girl, yes.’”

Their missing sister’s severed foot was found in New Jersey in 2013. That wasn’t the end of the story. | Helen Ubiñas

Franchesca was last seen by the Borgata. She did not have her phone on her, which was either lost or broken, at the time, according to her family, so she took her laptop. Her sisters say it was never found.

They did everything they could for 18 months.

In August 2013, roughly 26 miles away, her family says a fisherman at Corson’s Inlet State Park, in Ocean City, found a foot, fully intact, inside of an Adidas high-top sneaker.

"I couldn’t stand those sneakers. I hated those sneakers. I told her they were so ugly. So, as soon as we saw that, we knew that was Franchesca," Frances stated. "I just couldn’t accept that reality. So, I said, you know, ‘She knew I hated those sneakers. She threw it in the water because she wanted me to find her. She’s fighting and she wants us to keep fighting.’ I was so in denial."

Somehow, her sisters found the strength to jump into action again. They repeatedly searched "human remains found" and "bones found" on the internet. That’s how they found out Franchesca’s femur and tibia also washed ashore.

"We had to go down the rundown. Call the medical examiner. ‘Hey, we’re from Philly. Our sister’s from Philly. You guys found the bone. Can you please return it?’ Six weeks later, we got a confirmation," Frances remarked. "It’s just frustrating how we had to find my sister. There were no authorities that found her. There was no search crew. No one searched the water. They all fell on, ‘She left willingly, so she will return willingly.’"

The Case Archive url has changed from the one upthread.
You can find it here:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back