PA PA - Iris Tyson, 23, South Philadelphia, 8 May 2011

Iris left her parents’ South Philly home May 8, 2011, to buy her mom a Mother’s Day card. Her parents reported her missing that evening. One agonizing week later, her beaten body was found in a weedy lot in Point Breeze; she had not been robbed or sexually assaulted. Her murder is still a mystery.

“Time heals all wounds — but not this,” says her father, Joe Tyson, who thinks of his only child “every second of every day.”

If he knew who killed Iris, he says, he may begin to feel some peace in a world gone dim without her.

http://www.philly.com/philly/column...n-hope-for-the-missing-runs-out-20170714.html

She was on her way to the oregon ave complex oregon plaza to get a card so she would of passed 4th and ritner where she was last seen.
And the cops really did nothing I was there it was family and friends searching because when you know someone you know them enough to know when something isn't right and her parents knew yet people acted like it was nothing!

Just found out about this case recently but, despite living in the Philadelphia area, have never heard of it before then. I have been researching it since and have found very, very little on this poor girl’s brutal murder. It was 2011, you think there would be talk of looking at her calls/texts, social media, phone records, phone pings, surveillance of the area as it is the city and you would think maybe something was caught on camera somewhere? From what I can find online, it doesn’t seem like much of investigation was done. And now, sadly, so much time has passed.

I did notice on the family’s memorial Facebook page, they seem to think that a group of individuals are responsible. Does anyone know why they believe(d) this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.
Back