PA PA - Jeanine Barnwell, 3, Philadelphia, 15 Nov 1985

CASE: COLD CASE - MISSING PERSON - 3-YEAR-OLD JEANINE BARNWELL - PHILADELPHIA

From the link:
Her disappearance was delayed in reporting to law enforcement, and it is believed she has been missing prior to the date of November 15, 1985.

Which is making inquiring minds (like mine) wanting to know if Jeanine could be the Wister Woods girl. Interesting that they were both posted on PA Crime Stoppers on the same day.

PA - PA - Philadelphia, BlkFem 4-6, UP17492, child bones in rear yard, Nov'84

CASE: COLD CASE - 1984 WISTER WOODS JANE DOE - SKELETAL REMAINS FOUND - HOMICIDE

Has this been ruled out? The step mom in the charleyproject post said the mom left for North Carolina with the child then never found the child.

I also think the isotope matches.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The step mom also said the father was awarded custody 1 YEAR AFTER SHE WENT MISSING. I think the dates are off, and this might be her? I could be wrong.

I often check in for updates. I believe that the Philadelphia Jane Doe is Jeanine Barnwell. I had submitted the tip, but I do not believe there is any DNA on file for that jane doe.

Bumping for Jeanine
I believe you on this. At first after seeing the dates I was like “maybe not.” But it appears as though 11/15/1985 is an estimate for her case like many others. Maybe Jeanine died prior to or in November 1984 and her mother covered up her death by claiming she had taken the child with her to North Carolina. Since Wister Woods Girl seems to have been forgotten almost quickly after she was found and Jeanine’s disappearance wasn’t noticed until late 1985 presumably, the connection would never have been made. In fact, police can’t even locate the grave that contains this child’s remains. I hope they are located so that a comparison can be made between Jeanine Barnwell and her.

I believe Wister Woods Girl and Jeanine are definitely the same person. Jeanine’s home on Wakefield Street in Philadelphia is just two minutes away from where Wister Woods Girl was found

Has anyone that submitted a tip regarding Wister Woods JD and Jeanine heard anything back ?

I’ve been thinking of this match for a long time. I submitted them to the doe network and got this response. Even they agree Wister Woods Girl and Jeanine are one in the same 5CF4BD1C-2F7A-4DC2-8269-4ED2880A40E5.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back