PA PA - Joanne Williams, 22, Scranton, 7 Dec 1978

Oct 30, 2023

Nov 1, 2023

I was reading all the old newspaper articles on newspapers.com and other web sites found some things interesting. (1) They never mention her boyfriends name who showed up at 10 pm at her house to pick her up (2) They never menion the name of her friend and dance class carpool buddy who lived on Dorothy Street in Westside whom she supposedly called from an undisclosed location to say she couldn't bring her to dance class. Dorothy Street is about six blocks from where her car was founded and close to Cathedral Cemetary and all the surrounding wooded area they searched. Also what she said she was told by Joann doesn't seem to make total sense (3) Some reports say she made it to her dance class that night and others that she didn't and was last seen at her parents house (4) the name of the dance studio or the owners and exact location are never mentioned (I see the post above from son of owners --- maybe he'll post more here). My money is on the two un-named individuals - boyfriend and/or Dorothy St. However, here's another guess based on other things in the articles - there was a third man she was keeping secret from her friends and family the extent of their invovlement unknown but some kind of bad breakup or I just want to be friends type situation. Regarding Frank Osellanie the serial killer I need to look some things up and will post seperately.

Vivian Muniz March 28, 2024
''Pennsylvania State Police Troop R – Dunmore Station continues its investigation of 22-year-old Joanne Williams who was reported missing on December 7, 1978.''
<strong><em>Joanne Williams</em></strong>

Joanne Williams
''On December 7, Williams left her residence in the 500 block of East Gibson Street in Scranton, driving her red 1977 Datsun, to go to an exercise class at her dance school. Williams left the dance school on Route 6 in Chinchilla at 10:00 p.m., she never arrived home and has never been heard from again.
On December 16, 1978, nine days after Williams went missing, her car was found parked at Lafayette Street and North Everett Avenue. It was unlocked and inside was her paycheck, her purse with its contents undisturbed. There was no sign of her at the scene.
Williams’s case remains unsolved. She was declared legally dead in 1991.''

https://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1526dfpa.html1526DFPA - Joanne Williams​

Name: Joanne Williams
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: December 7, 1978
Location Last Seen: Scranton, Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: Circa 1956
Race: White
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 95 lbs
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue

The other thing I was thinking about in this case was the comment made by the Scranton PD Detective Walsh about someone or some people know something but have just remained silent [all these years.] He identified 40 people that were in her family/work/social circle and interviewed them all. They all are probably dead or in their 60s at least. Maybe some of them would talk today. The clock seems to be ticking on getting any potential new information from any possible witnesses or people with significant information on the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back