PA PA - Joey Offutt, 33, State College, July 2007

I think she had a break-down when a tragic accident happened bathing the baby.
Remember, she once already had custody of the children taken away from her, she had to take counseling to get her children back.
Even with the mind of a 14 year old, she knew that her children will be taken, this time for good, plus she was also likely thinking she's going to prison.

When the BF wrote the note he'd want to contact police, that's probably where she realized there is no way out.

She went away those days when the nurse was coming, as obviously she couldn't anyone let into the house. She probably also got the gasoline on one of these runs.

Any other interpretation, eg. strangers from the internet etc. seems too far-fetched to me. And several people mentioned already a stranger/murderer would not have placed the baby in the tub. Neither would they have spent a week there including moving the car while the home is visited almost every day by someone.

I still think she was bathing the baby and got called away by the phone or someone knocking at the door. She cane back to the baby and he had drowned. She called the father in a panic.When he got there he killed her in a fit of rage. The rest of it was him covering up what happened. It was convenient that the fire happened right before the social worker was going to notify the police.

The boyfriend/father/fiance was arrested Tuesday, June 12, 2020 in a massive meth operation, summary below, full press release on the DoJ's website:
38 Indicted in Massive Methamphetamine Case Crossing Multiple Pennsylvania Counties

"38... indicted by a federal grand jury... on charges of violating federal narcotics laws, money laundering, & unlawful possession of firearms...
Alexis Brolin, Jr., 51, of Allport, Pennsylvania... charged at...
Count One... participating in a continuing criminal enterprise as principal administrator that involves 1,000 grams or more of methamphetamine or 10 kilograms or more of a mixture and substance containing a detectable amount of methamphetamine, from July 2019 to June 2020. The statute calls for a mandatory sentence of life in prison... The Indictment charges all defendants with...
Count Two, conspiring to distribute & possess with intent to distribute methamphetamine or a mixture & substance containing a detectable amount of methamphetamine, a Schedule II controlled substance, from July 2019 to June 2020... The statue calls for a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years in prison...
Count Three with conspiracy to commit money laundering from July 2019 to June 2020. The statute calls for a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison...
Count Four, unlawful possession of a firearm or ammunition by a convicted felon in and around & between July 2019 and April 4, 2020.
Count Five, Possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime in and around and between July 2019 and April 4, 2020. The statutes call for a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison for the felon in possession charge & a minimum sentence of five years in prison for possession in furtherance of a drug crime charge... "
...reminder: "An indictment is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty."

The worst part for me is Joey's poor 6-week-old baby. Seems the baby is just mentioned in passing in all the articles, but murdering an innocent baby is just unfathomably evil. Even if the baby's death was somehow accidental, leaving the baby's remains to burn down with the house is horrifying. The baby deserves justice too.

Was hoping for new information. I wonder if we will ever find out what happened.

Sadly, I doubt it. Given the questionable former BF who will likely never talk, the age of the case, and really scant information out there, I think this will always be a mystery.

Thinking of Joey and her baby on today's anniversary of their disappearance. Since his arrest for methamphetamine I suspect her husband maybe was involved (or someone linked to him) which I had not previously thought before. 14 years now, I wonder about her other child/children, and her mom who spoke on the Disappeared episode which I think I'll re-watch. When a case gets cold people tend to grow disinterested but this seems solvable! Prayers for Joey and baby. I do not think she hurt nor neglected that child.

I just listened to the Obsessed with Disappeared Podcast where they recite Disappeared Episodes show on the ID Channel. They covered Jody's episode. https://www.disappearedpod.com/epis...-the-disappearance-of-joey-lynn-offutt-s5-e10

After reading a few posts above about her boyfriend/baby daddy being arrested from a meth ring last year, I wonder if that could have something to do with her disappearance. I really didn't think at first the boyfriend had anything to do with her disappearance or son's death, but now I am thinking differently.

Crime Junkie Podcast just released an episode about Joey's disappearance

Episode Summary​

When firefighters responded to 33-year-old Joey Lynn Offutt’s burning house in Sykesville, Pennsylvania, on July 12th, 2007, they were shocked to discover the remains of her infant son, Alexis Brolin III. Joey was nowhere to be found and at the time, investigators didn’t know if she was a victim of the crime — or the perpetrator. But her family is convinced she was set up and their only hope is that someone will come forward with the information they’ve been desperately seeking for 15 years.

Episode Info​

If you have information about Joey’s disappearance, baby Alexis’ death or the fire, please contact Pennsylvania State Police at (814) 938-0510, or Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers at 1‑800‑4PA‑TIPS.
You can also contact Joey’s family directly with information. Click here to find out how or call the Find Joey Tipline at 1-877-440-JOEY (1-877-440-5639).
Visit www.findjoey.org or the Help Find Joey Lynn Offutt Facebook page for more information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back