PA PA - Joy Hayward, 28, Chester, 12 February 2004

"it appeared as if she was accompanied by an unidentified, dark-skinned man"

So, there was a camera. Why can't they use this to get a description of who they are looking for?

And again, she checked in at 1:30 AM. I would think she did not know the area or she would never have picked that hotel. There were much better choices not too far away. Where is she going at 1:30 AM in the morning??? To get something to eat? Around there? Where would you even go around there at that time? That's a dangerous area. Not much is open.

Could she have gotten drugs in one of the bars you mentioned in another post? I wonder what the autopsy showed. She must have been upset because of the fight with her bf. Maybe decided to get high.

Almost 13 years on and no progress in this murder. Unbelievable. I would assume they test all convicted rapists and murderers against unknown DNA collected at crime scenes. But do they really do that?

There was a sketch mentioned in the article about the woman who was raped. Has this sketch been published?

Bumping in light of a reference to Joy's case on this thread..
PA - PA - Dino Dizdarevic, 25, Chester, Pennsylvania, May 1, 2014

Feb 2009 rbbm.
Search for clues ongoing in slaying of Maryland woman
Investigators believe there may be a link between Hayward's homicide and the rape of a 44-year-old Darby woman at nearby Deshong Park four months later. The physical descriptions of both men are "significantly similar," authorities have said.

It was about 7 a.m. on June 22, when the Darby woman, waiting for a bus at Ninth and Upland streets, first spotted the suspect. He rode past her on a bicycle several times, causing her to become suspicious.

The man got off of his bicycle and approached the woman. Speaking with a Spanish or Jamaican accent, he told her he had a gun. He ordered the woman to walk westward on Ninth Street toward Deshong Park, forced her into a heavily wooded area behind the museum and raped her, according to investigators. He fled when several people walked by.

The rape victim described her attacker as a black man, between 5 feet 5 inches and 5 feet 8 inches tall. He has several gold teeth in the upper portion of his mouth, a dark complexion, slanted eyes and a light mustache and facial hair.

The victim told police her attacker appeared to be a drug user.

Authorities have noted that the composite of the rape suspect is nearly identical to that of the man seen with Hayward the night she was murdered.

Hopefully this is okay to post. It seems like Joy’s sister has started a petition to get the DNA of the killer sent to Parabon labs. I’m not sure why Chester PD isn’t able to turn it over. This case and the rape should have every chance to be solved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back