PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to think it is only a matter of time, but there are so many cases that just go nowhere until they no longer even have many, if any, posts here at all. Reminds me of Katelyn, she just vanished from her apartment and now it has been over eighteen months, and not a word, or even a clue, per LE, if they think she met with foul play.

Does anyone know what basis a bounty hunter has on linking the KS case and the Morgan Harrington case?

I noticed a bounty hunter had put together something about a FB predator because so many young, petite, blonde young women had gone missing who had open FB profiles at the time. That is the only link I can find between MH and KS. They are grouped in with about 14 other young women who have gone missing. Here is a link if I can get it to post.

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/tag/morgan-harrington-and-kortne-stouffer/

Im sorry but to carry KS 5'8"115 lbs down those stairs after drinking would not be impossible but would also not be easy. Granted it was late and neighbors may have been sleeping but still difficult and very risky! Yes the police did not get called until Monday morning but I assume CP would not of known this and would of tried to get rid of the evidence asap. It is certainly possible. As far as LE, I certainly question how they handled this. A call was placed to 911. They should have attempted to make contact with someone....atleast the person who placed the call. Did dispatch try calling the neighbor back? I am local....there are camera's that could of and SHOULD OF BEEN REVIEWED!!! Hotel/motels where guest coming and going odd hours, Turkey Hill and on and on! It certainly appears that they did a horrible job of investigating or a great job of covering something up!

Kortne deserves better!!!

From what I remember, another poster told me that by the time LE got into checking street camera they had already been taped over. I questioned that also, its a shame they didn't check the camera's sooner.

I also think even though Kortne was not listed as missing until Monday her parents were there on Sunday to get her dog, so the family was aware by early on Sunday morning. Yes, Kortne deserves much more.

Was it ever said when the boyfriends dog was retrieved? If memory serves, it was said they had 2 dogs there....but only Kortne's was there when her mother got there Monday. I always wondered about that.

Yes IIRC I think the BF's father came to pick up his dog.

http://www.ldnews.com/ci_21283133

article from 2 weeks after she went missing

On another note, Scott clarified an earlier report that a dog was missing from Stouffer's apartment. He said there were two dogs in the apartment at the time of Stouffer's disappearance - one Stouffer's and one her boyfriend's. The boyfriend's father picked up his dog, and Stouffer's family has her dog.

found a couple more interesting for it being 2 weeks after she disappeared...just a flashback:

"All four returned to the Palmyra area, and he returned to Kortne's apartment with her," Scott said. "From what I understand, he spent the night there, he left about 7:30 in the morning, and his story is he didn't hear or see anything.

"I think these other individuals she was with, they're not the kind of guys you would want your daughter to be hanging out with," he added. "It's not the best crew."

Timeline FROM ARTICLE ABOVE (i'm not sure the changes/if any):

Late July 28/early July 29: Stouffer visits Harrisburg's Hardware Bar.
3:12 a.m. July 29: 911 call is made for a disturbance at Stouffer's apartment.
3:15 a.m. July 29: Police arrive and talk to Stouffer and her neighbor.
3:49 a.m. July 29: Police leave the scene.
4:12 a.m. July 29: A second 911 call is made to the apartment.
4:31 a.m. July 29: Police arrive but get no answer at Stouffer's door.
4:36 a.m. July 29: Police leave for a second time.
7:30 a.m. July 29: An unidentified overnight guest reportedly wakes up and leaves the apartment.
2:25 p.m. July 31: Palmyra police issue a missing person news release.

yes I remember Scott saying the BF's father picked up the dog....

but when?

I thought her mother indicated Kortne's dog was in the apt. on Monday, but the other?

Wendy said that on Monday morning she drove to Kortne's apartment, knocked on the door and Kortne's dog, Sheba, came to the door. The door was unlocked and her car was there. Wendy went inside the apartment and called for Kortne, but she didn't answer.

snipped-
http://www.ldnews.com/ci_21275447/kortne-stouffers-father-male-was-apartment-morning-kortne?fb_action_ids=10150995507782759&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map={"10150995507782759":10151084250643010}&action_type_map={"10150995507782759":"og.likes"}&action_ref_map=[]

also-
Wendy went to Kortne’s apartment and found it open and her beloved black Lab alone. It was obvious the dog had not been walked or fed in quite a while. Kortne also had left behind her personal items, including her cellphone

snipped-
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/anne_reeves_missing_womans_dad.html

Check back regularly hoping something has broken on this case. Seems to have gone the route of so many other cases. I don't even know if LE is actively pursuing it still at this point.

Happy Easter Kortne .. thinking about you and your family today ~ every day actually.

so...no one else wondering about the other dog and when it 'left' the premises?? I mean, the BF left earlier that evening June 28, albeit not willingly. Was his dog there then?
this is bothering me

Yes IIRC I think the BF's father came to pick up his dog.

I have a question that has been kind of bothering me. They have 2 dogs living in the apt with them WHY would BF's dad have to come and pick up his dog?
Did they break up? Were they fighting? What was the problem with his dog being there?

hey Eilleen, read the article- it is interesting

http://www.ldnews.com/announcements/ci_21427918/police-release-new-info-missing-woman-case

snipped-
"Kortne's father, Scott Stouffer, said earlier this week his daughter did have a gathering, which included alcohol, on the evening of July 28 at her apartment, which she shared with her boyfriend. He said that during the party, probation officers showed up and arrested her boyfriend, who was on probation for DUI and therefore was not permitted to drink."

Okay if KS and her BF lived there and they had 2 dogs, which I am going to assume both dogs were there Friday nite, and then when Kortne's mom came to the apt on Mon, she only found Kortne's dog...
so....

I am just curious... if... there is a missing piece to the puzzle

I have a question that has been kind of bothering me. They have 2 dogs living in the apt with them WHY would BF's dad have to come and pick up his dog?
Did they break up? Were they fighting? What was the problem with his dog being there?

Kortne's BF had been arrested because he had violated his parole buy drinking at their apartment, so the BF's dad picked up the dog after he became aware that Kortne was no longer there. Not sure how long the BF was in jail but in either case there was no longer anyone at Kortne's apartment to take care of the dogs.

Should have read the post above me :)

hey Eilleen, read the article- it is interesting

http://www.ldnews.com/announcements/ci_21427918/police-release-new-info-missing-woman-case

snipped-
"Kortne's father, Scott Stouffer, said earlier this week his daughter did have a gathering, which included alcohol, on the evening of July 28 at her apartment, which she shared with her boyfriend. He said that during the party, probation officers showed up and arrested her boyfriend, who was on probation for DUI and therefore was not permitted to drink."

Okay if KS and her BF lived there and they had 2 dogs, which I am going to assume both dogs were there Friday nite, and then when Kortne's mom came to the apt on Mon, she only found Kortne's dog...
so....

I am just curious... if... there is a missing piece to the puzzle

I think there is!
And why would BF's father come and remove the dog? they lived with KS and she was there. Makes no sense.
Also LE said they went back a 3rd time KS didnt ans her door the neighbor didnt ans the door and KS's house guest that night never answered the door.

That sure was one busy house

so...no one else wondering about the other dog and when it 'left' the premises?? I mean, the BF left earlier that evening June 28, albeit not willingly. Was his dog there then?
this is bothering me

Me too!
Something just isnt right!

Kortne's BF had been arrested because he had violated his parole buy drinking at their apartment, so the BF's dad picked up the dog after he became aware that Kortne was no longer there. Not sure how long the BF was in jail but in either case there was no longer anyone at Kortne's apartment to take care of the dogs.

Should have read the post above me :)

Well Im sorry I didnt have time to read the post above yours I just had a thought and wanted to express it.

Another thing who had her car or was it left home? I had thought she left it at another bar and went with her friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BasicallyAnxious