PA - Man beats postal worker unconscious because package didn't arrive - March 26th 2024

Clearsky

Reaction score

1711547080332.png

The victim reportedly told officers that the suspect, who police identified as James Moore, jumped over the post office counter and punched the victim in the head several times, knocking them unconscious.

View attachment 493110

The victim reportedly told officers that the suspect, who police identified as James Moore, jumped over the post office counter and punched the victim in the head several times, knocking them unconscious.
As if that specific worker had anything to do with his package.. Just zero thought, all rage. Also, he looks 47 not 27!

We kind of have fun watching packages zig-zag across the country.

We do NOT use USPS for packages to my family, for some reason that agency has a great deal of trouble 'finding' mailboxes in the 505.

jmho ymmv lrr

What a loser of a man. That's a hard 27, my gosh.
The post office has little to do with the timing of the package.
Also wonder if he's been violent to family and others ?
That kind of reaction doesn't spring from nowhere.
He needs locking away for a good long time.

Unfortunately with the justice system in some areas....
He could be out fairly soon.

Glad the postal worker is alive albeit injured.
Some people have continuing head/brain issues just from falling.
Omo.

I'm thinking they got the age wrong.
Looks like it, imo.
Prob. closer to 37 ?
Wonder how long he'll be locked up for ?
Wish it could be for about 45 years.
Wishful thinking.
My .02 he'll continue to be a danger to others, forever !
Negative thinking ... but that's imo.
It takes some evil within, to attack someone you don't even have an issue with.
A complete stranger.

Imagine having to live next to this man in the future ?
What , for instance, will he do if his mail arrives late -- and he thinks the neighbor took it ?
Omo.

Looks like it, imo.
Prob. closer to 37 ?
Wonder how long he'll be locked up for ?
Wish it could be for about 45 years.
Wishful thinking.
My .02 he'll continue to be a danger to others, forever !
Negative thinking ... but that's imo.
It takes some evil within, to attack someone you don't even have an issue with.
A complete stranger.

Imagine having to live next to this man in the future ?
What , for instance, will he do if his mail arrives late -- and he thinks the neighbor took it ?
Omo.
I just found a local article that says he is 47. That makes sense, he certainly looks 47.
Police: Lancaster County man upset about package not being delivered assaults postal worker

Sympathies to the postal worker. I hope he recovers fully and is allowed all the time he needs before returning to work.

I wonder what was in the missing package and why the suspect did what he did. The victim could have died from such an attack(!)

2 April (Lower) Court Date*

PA - James Gordon Moore, M/47 - Accused Felon - Marietta Boro, Lancaster County - 25 March 2024*
*[Born 10 February 1977]

1)) * &
2))
Pre-Trial Release after posting $200,000 Cash Bail.

3)) Susquehanna Regional Police Department:
ARREST: moore, james gordon - ( (1) count of Aggravated Assault (F1)

4))

Last edited:
This is right up there with these people who take their rage out on any number of folks working with the public. Some have threatened McDs workers with guns while having a hissy fit.

if you make physical contact with a federal employee during the assault, you could be charged with a class D Felony.

A class D felony could result in the following penalties:

• A prison sentence of more than five years, but less than ten years; and
  • A maximum fine of up to $250,000.

The postmaster general also called for increased prosecution and strong sentences for those who commit postal crimes, including letter carrier robberies, mail theft and associated financial crimes.

“Individuals who attack postal employees should be vigorously prosecuted and, if convicted, should receive penalties from the courts that reflect the seriousness of their crimes. The courts must take postal crimes seriously, and the criminals who perpetrate them must be held fully accountable under the law,” DeJoy said.

This is right up there with these people who take their rage out on any number of folks working with the public. Some have threatened McDs workers with guns while having a hissy fit.
I worked retail, straight out of high school. And after that, not much surprises me about how horrible people can be to those they think they have the right to abuse. You don't need the Stanford prison experiment, you just need Target during the Toy Sale.

MOO

I worked retail, straight out of high school. And after that, not much surprises me about how horrible people can be to those they think they have the right to abuse. You don't need the Stanford prison experiment, you just need Target during the Toy Sale.

MOO

I’m sure some states or whoever have enhanced charges for acts against public workers. It should be severe across the board.

3 May (Lower) Court Date*

PA - James Gordon Moore, M/47 - Accused Felon - Marietta Boro, Lancaster County - 25 March 2024*
*[Born 10 February 1977]

5)) *
https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Report/MdjDocketSheet?docketNumber=MJ-02301-CR-0000094-2024&dnh=VZF2ZnOiys+97tdNn/3Mzg==
&
6))
https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Report/MdjCourtSummary?docketNumber=MJ-02301-CR-0000094-2024&dnh=VZF2ZnOiys+97tdNn/3Mzg==

Pre-Trial Release after posting $200,000 Cash Bail.

7)) Susquehanna Regional Police Department:
ARREST: moore, james gordon - ( (1) count of Aggravated Assault (F1)

8))
James Gordon Moore - Marietta, PA - Google Search

I’m sure some states or whoever have enhanced charges for acts against public workers. It should be severe across the board.
Bbm.
Agreed, esp. the bolded.

I believe many states do have automatically upgraded charges; for crimes against any federal employee -- and that of course would include postal workers.
Omo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back