GUILTY PA - Officer Gary Skerski, 46, shot to death, Philadelphia, 8 May 2006

fishyfishy4 said:
I am outside of Philly and am following this closely! Did you see the news last night about the similarities to armed robberies in the area and all over NE Philly in the past months before this one???
I did see that! I'm very hopeful that they will be able to piece this one together. The trash that committed this crime is living on borrowed time, IMO. It's just so needless and tragic. I was talking to another "local" yesterday and we were discussing the fact that apparently Officer Skerski wasn't even a street cop - he was just covering the shift due to the police shortage and the increased violence in the city? That makes it even more tragic, I think.

Thanks so much for joining me on this thread, fishy ... it was getting lonely here! I hope we'll be talking about this guy's arrest soon. I have no tolerance for cop killers - I can't stand that he's still out there somewhere. He's a waste of human life, IMO.

It isn't lonely but we have to get our grips. This is tragic and horrible. I can't always post immediately even though I should try.I am appalled and I hope this scum bag is caught almost immediately.

I feel so badly for the officer.He was just being there.The people who are there to protect you should be the the first people who are protected and exalted. You won't find dissent from me on him doing his job and being subjected to an evil perp.

I hate these people who take away everything good from our world.

It was stated tonight on Nancy Grace that the killer said "this ain't halloween %^$#".

It was also stated that the killer had yellow eyes.Is it the iris or the eyeballs?(custom contacts or theatre contacts for the iris or hep for the eyeballs)

My heart hurts for the friends and family.

Site pertaining to the "State Property" clothing line;

Jahiem Williams passes through the racks of Phat Farm, Rocawear and G-Unit clothing at Image in Crossgates Mall. He reaches his favorite display: State Property Wear.

He grips the thick khaki on the Maritime pant. Speakers pump out a Nas anthem to "every fed jail where all my dawgs lurk."

"They have a lot of pockets, see?" Williams says, tugging on the canvas pant leg. "And they kinda thick, see?" At 26 he is a fan of rap star and convict Beanie Sigel, who launched the clothing line with hidden pockets and gun holsters. No more guns slipping out of waistbands, Sigel declared.

The label has a message, too, Williams adds. Sigel is "trying to say the state got property of him."

Behind the cash register, manager Tony Chillemi watches. He digs hip hop. But he doesn't get the Sigel label. "If you're 'State Property,' to me, you're failing," he says. "You're in jail."

link

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have had inmates come into the facility wearing this type of clothing and it is contraband.The inmate has to send it out to someone,they are not allowed to wear this or have possesion of it.

dark_shadows said:
It was stated tonight on Nancy Grace that the killer said "this ain't halloween %^$#".

It was also stated that the killer had yellow eyes.Is it the iris or the eyeballs?(custom contacts or theatre contacts for the iris or hep for the eyeballs)

My heart hurts for the friends and family.
I think they said it was the white part of his eyes that were yellow which is a sigh of hepatitis.

dark_shadows said:
From what I heard, he said that to the patrons after barging into the bar, brandishing the two weapons. They are thinking that he might be former military because of his ease at handling the weapons.

Also, they originally believed that he could be from anywhere in this region - New York, Maryland, Delaware, etc., which is the reason I posted this thread. The last couple of days, they've been saying that they think he might be more local. I hope they get him soon.

dale46 said:
I think they said it was the white part of his eyes that were yellow which is a sigh of hepatitis.
You're right; it's the white part that is yellow.

dark_shadows said:
... He grips the thick khaki on the Maritime pant. Speakers pump out a Nas anthem to "every fed jail where all my dawgs lurk."

"They have a lot of pockets, see?" Williams says, tugging on the canvas pant leg. "And they kinda thick, see?" At 26 he is a fan of rap star and convict Beanie Sigel, who launched the clothing line with hidden pockets and gun holsters. No more guns slipping out of waistbands, Sigel declared...
This is absolutely disgusting. Something's gonna' have to change because this "" behavior is out of control. I don't understand why it's so popular to act like a criminal. It used to seem that it was just a lot of "posing" but the image thing has gotten so out of control that that posing evolved into carrying weapons, brandishing weapons, and now using the weapons. The guns are all over the place in Philly - teenagers are "settling scores" with other teenagers that "disrespected" them by gunning them down in the streets in broad daylight or in completely public places. This has happened not once or twice but regularly lately.

It's going to take everyone acting together to fix this. Parents are going to have to stop buying their kids CD's from gangster rappers or confiscating the CD's when they see them, (and this also goes for other types of music that are filled with hate). Record labels are going to have to stop signing them; stores are going to have to stop carrying them. We have a responsibility to each other as human beings, and it's time to recognize that things are out of control. People need to stop cashing in on this kind of poison. Like the guy that was interviewed from the store selling State Property clothes. He didn't understand it; doesn't seem to like it, yet there he is selling it. People are putting the money before the morals, and I'm sick and tired of it. It's destroying our society.

concernedperson said:
I feel so badly for the officer.He was just being there.The people who are there to protect you should be the the first people who are protected and exalted.
You might remember from other threads that I used to have a problem with the death penalty. After being here at WS, the DP has become a much clearer issue in my mind. IMO, killing a police officer should be an automatic DP. When those that serve in jobs to protect society are gunned down without hesitation, none of us are safe. These thugs have seen over and over again that their behaviors will result in a slap on the wrist. If they knew that there would be a severe penalty for their behaviors, over time, I believe it would have an effect.

JerseyGirl said:
This is absolutely disgusting. Something's gonna' have to change because this "" behavior is out of control. I don't understand why it's so popular to act like a criminal. It used to seem that it was just a lot of "posing" but the image thing has gotten so out of control that that posing evolved into carrying weapons, brandishing weapons, and now using the weapons. The guns are all over the place in Philly - teenagers are "settling scores" with other teenagers that "disrespected" them by gunning them down in the streets in broad daylight or in completely public places. This has happened not once or twice but regularly lately.

It's going to take everyone acting together to fix this. Parents are going to have to stop buying their kids CD's from gangster rappers or confiscating the CD's when they see them, (and this also goes for other types of music that are filled with hate). Record labels are going to have to stop signing them; stores are going to have to stop carrying them. We have a responsibility to each other as human beings, and it's time to recognize that things are out of control. People need to stop cashing in on this kind of poison. Like the guy that was interviewed from the store selling State Property clothes. He didn't understand it; doesn't seem to like it, yet there he is selling it. People are putting the money before the morals, and I'm sick and tired of it. It's destroying our society.
How did "gangsta rappers" take over the airwaves in the radio stations,MTV and so on.
They are all over the place and people think they are the best.Children look up to these freaks and want to dress and be like them.
I am from Jersey and I am supposed to go this summer to visit my family.I am not looking forward to it....

dark_shadows said:
I am from Jersey and I am supposed to go this summer to visit my family.I am not looking forward to it....
Because of the crime situation in nearby Philly, you mean?

dark_shadows said:
How did "gangsta rappers" take over the airwaves in the radio stations,MTV and so on.
They are all over the place and people think they are the best.Children look up to these freaks and want to dress and be like them.
Exactly. And when you combine that with some of the social issues that exist out there, we have created this generation that thinks it's cool to behave this way. If we truly want to set an example for our children, let's promote artists that give them positive messages and set positive examples. Stop buying CD's from artists like Snoop Dogg, (IMO, a very talented performer but not a good role model), who got into a brawl in an airport in England because members of his entourage weren't allowed in the first-class lounge because they didn't have first-class tickets and DMX, who has a rap sheet that grows by the month. And as I said earlier, this also applies to other types of music that spew hatred but I mention these artists because of the clothing line that this cop killer was wearing.

JerseyGirl said:
Exactly. And when you combine that with some of the social issues that exist out there, we have created this generation that thinks it's cool to behave this way. If we truly want to set an example for our children, let's promote artists that give them positive messages and set positive examples. Stop buying CD's from artists like Snoop Dogg, (IMO, a very talented performer but not a good role model), who got into a brawl in an airport in England because members of his entourage weren't allowed in the first-class lounge because they didn't have first-class tickets and DMX, who has a rap sheet that grows by the month. And as I said earlier, this also applies to other types of music that spew hatred but I mention these artists because of the clothing line that this cop killer was wearing.
Thanks JerseyGirl for the post.:)

dark_shadows said:
????I am talking about Jersey.
I guess as with most places, it depends on the exact location. Trenton is like a war zone but where I am is very nice. And I guess that the same can be said of Philly - some parts are nicer (and calmer) than others.

Philadelphia Daily News | 05/18/2006 | Did cop-killer have an accomplice?

A handful of residents who live near the Lower Northeast bar where Officer Gary Skerski was killed were reinterviewed by investigators yesterday, police said.

Some of the residents previously told police a small orange or red car backed down Arrott Street near Castor Avenue and stopped across the street from Pat's Cafe as shotgun blasts rang out inside the bar shortly after 10 p.m. on May 8...

"Several people observed the car backing down the street after hearing gunshots."
He said investigators were still reviewing surveillance tapes of robberies that occurred in the area near Pat's Cafe dating back to the beginning of the year.

Police are looking at five or six armed holdups that have some similarities to the robbery inside Pat's Cafe the night Skerski was killed...

Bell said none of the other thieves in the videos that police have reviewed wore the same clothing as Skerski's killer, nor did any of them wield two weapons at once.

In most of the videos, the robbers are armed only with a handgun.

Bell said police are still unsure if Skerski's killer had an accomplice, but if he did, "we hope that he would come to his senses, see the severity of the crime and turn himself and the killer in."

A $125,000 reward is being offered...

Excellent article, IMO:

Lethal Rejection :: Philadelphia City Paper. 25 Years of Independent Journalism.

Some people deserve to die. Officer Gary Skerski wasn't one of them, but the soulless who blasted the 46-year-old father of two with a sawed-off shotgun is. And the sooner he's put down, the better off we'll all be...

For the proper justice to be doled out, this unnamed cop killer can't be taken into custody. Otherwise, an animal's life will be spared while Skerski's wife and young children forever relive the day they buried their hero...

While the department brass can't say as much, what the fugitive gunman did inside Pat's Cafe on May 8 warrants a shoot-first, don't-even-bother-with-questions-later response. Chances are, of course, whoever finds him first—and he will be found—will decide its not worth the repercussions to fire away. Instead, a yellow-eyed cop killer will be cuffed, knocked around a bit, put on trial and found guilty of first-degree murder. Then he'll be sentenced to death by lethal injection.

At that point, the justice system will break down. Like it always does...

So goes life in an era where people are deceived into thinking that nobody should be executed because capital punishment is savage and unfair. Well, Skerski's murder reminds us that it should be savage, and that what's unfair is caring more about a 's rights than those of the survivors of murder victims...

It's time to demand that lawmakers forget trying to please both sides of the issue and make it a priority to fix a broken system that protects vicious and unrepentant murderers. This should be done in Skerski's name.

If law enforcement officers bring his killer in alive, stand up and declare that some people, especially a cop-killing maggot, should go straight to hell. And don't stop yelling until he gets sent there.

(More at link)

King of Prussia Courier - Ceremony held for 'brave soldiers of society'

... "A police officer is killed every other day," Martyniuk said.

A total of 155 law-enforcement officers were killed on the job in 2005. Friday is the day of the week an officer is most likely to be killed in the line of duty, he said. The chief called police "brave soldiers of society."

Wednesday marked the 20th year Bridgeport has held the memorial service. National Police Week begins on Sunday...

Sounds like the perfect time for an arrest.

The reward is up to $125,000 can can be collected anonymously.

Philadelphia Police Department :: Unsolved Case Profile

Suspect description: African American / Black - light to medium complexion

Height: Approximately 6'0" - 6'2"

Other: Slender build; (distinct yellow tint to the whites of his eyes)

Wearing: Dark-colored New York Yankees baseball cap, (blue State Property jacket with white shoulders, red lettering, piping, and stripe - see previous posts for pix of replica jacket), ski mask.

Contact Information:

Philadelphia Police Department
Homicide Division
8th & Race Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19106
215.686-3334
215.686-3335
215.686-3336
215.925-1885 FAX

Reward Offer & Contact:

Citizens Crime Commission of Delaware Valley
1218 Chestnut Street
Suite 406
Philadelphia, PA 19107
215.627-6532
215.627-6536
215.546-TIPS (215.546-8477)

Any questions about the reward and how to claim it should be directed to the Citizen's Crime Commission.

Philadelphia Daily News | 05/10/2006 | A cop who loved to help

Those who knew him best said the 16-year police veteran had a seemingly endless well of warmth and compassion that he dipped into whenever someone called out to him during their hour of need...

Holmes and her father - like a half-dozen other people similarly impressed with Skerski's kindness - nominated him for the George Fencl Award in 2002.

"Knowing him gave us faith in law enforcement," Holmes said...

"We can retake this community... from the thugs who are driving us out," said the Rev. Jonathan Clodfelter, of St. Mark's Church, one of eight clergymen who preached, prayed and talked about brotherhood and working together.

State House Speaker John Perzel, who also nominated Skerski for the Fencl Award, called the slain officer a "gentle, lovely man."

When he wasn't looking out for other kids, Skerski was beaming over his own brood - his son Robert, 13, and daughter Nicole, 8. Both kids are students at St. Adalbert's School, and police officials said Skerski recently was excited to learn that his son had been accepted to Roman Catholic High School.

Added Officer Murphy, Skerski's partner: "He loved his family. That's all he ever talked about. They were everything to him..."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeb29
Back