PA - Peter Gerold, 70, dismembered remains found in U-Haul, Philadelphia Co., 11 Feb 2021 *arrest*

Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score
Homicide Investigation

- Somerton,
Philadelphia County,
Pennsylvania -
- Thursday, 11 February 2021 -

To-Be Named Male, 70

1)) Fox News:
Body found in U-Haul truck during Northeast Philadelphia traffic stop, police say
Driver's Statement:
"...he had nothing to do with it, he's just moving the body..."

2)) NBC News:
Animals Taken From Home of Man Whose Dismembered Body Was Found in Truck

3)) Google™ Supplements & Updates:
Dismembered Body - Philadelphia, PA - بحث Google
& = And - [AMP' err sand]
§ = Section / Silcrow - [SILL
' crow]
§§ = Sub-Section - [Double-Silcrow]

= Trademark
Autopsy = Body Examination to Determine Cause & Manner of Death
BI = Bodily Injury
DA = District Attorney
Dumpster = Commercial Trash Container
LE = Law Enforcement
Litany = a Sizable Series
MC = Philadelphia Municipal Court
ME = Medical Examiner
SBI = Serious Bodily Injury
U-Haul = a Vehicle Rental Company
via = by-way-of

May Prompt Justice Be Served.

[Contribution # 7886
Thread # 559373]

Last edited:
bigtrial.net

The victim known to neighbors as a nice man, animal lover and even sold honey from his hives is Peter Gerold.

DA Larry Krasner strikes again as the passenger in the van was left out of lockup in June with no bail.

Taray Herring, 47. Registered Sex Offender and burglar claims he just chopped up Mr. Gerold. Even tossing a leg and hand in a Wawa dumpster.

The driver David Kirby, 43 claims he has nothing to do with none of this and was just cleaning trash out of a house.

Dismembering elderly folks. Plus this man had a significant amount of pets that were beloved. Just chopped him up and didn't murder him?

Should have been in Curran Fromhold.

Last edited:
+ Homicide Victim Identified +

- Somerton,
Philadelphia County,
Pennsylvania -
- Thursday, 11 February 2021 -

Peter J. Gerold, 70

4)) ABC News:
Officers find body parts in dumpster, U-Haul in Philadelphia

5)) Fox News:

Body found in U-Haul truck during Northeast Philadelphia traffic stop, police say
Driver's Statement:
"...he had nothing to do with it, he's just moving the body..."

6)) NBC News:
Animals Taken From Home of Man Whose Dismembered Body Was Found in Truck

7)) Google™ Supplements & Updates:
Peter Gerold - Philadelphia, PA - بحث Google

8)) Peter's Website:
Kneading You Therapy | Peter Gerold | Philadelphia, PA 19116
' crow]

= Trademark
BI = Bodily Injury
DA = District Attorney
LE = Law Enforcement
LMT = Licensed Massage Therapist
ME = Medical Examiner
MLD/C = Manual Lymph Drainage - Certification
via = by-way-of

[Contribution # 7887
Thread # 559373]

Last edited:
1 March Court Date (Burglary Charge)
' crow]

= Trademark
Capital Case = One with a
Possible Death Penalty
DA = District Attorney
LE = Law Enforcement
LMT = Licensed Massage Therapist
LWOP = Life With-Out Parole
ME = Medical Examiner
MLD/C = Manual Lymph Drainage - Certification
via = by-way-of

[Contribution # 7889
Thread # 559373]

Last edited:
From @Richrd link ACCT Philly assisted in removing 63 exotic animals from the home. Parrots, tortoises, and bearded dragons. All seemingly in good health.

Despite numerous surveillance cameras around the home the device to cameras was removed.

Cause of death pending.

Plenty of connect the dots here. This guy is a pro burglar from way back. Even stealing a bike around Penn's campus. He now resides not too far at all from the victim. We see this U-Haul burglary alot up here. I'm very grateful his neighbor called police. Anymore people just don't see a thing. New Yorkers buy up all the houses then rent them. Tenants beat the rent and ya get more strangers.

A man so caring they murder him, and chop him up, and worse of all use a Wawa dumpster to toss body parts in along with other places. Brazen.

Again thanks, Larry Krasner.

Welcome to my neighborhood, Miss Tricia.

Richrd started a thread for this in the Crime Forums.

Nope, can't make it up. Of all the horrific parts of this case I'm still freaked out they desposed of a leg and hand in Wawa's dumpster. Our Wawa's are a daily part of our days here.

Article and photos from The DM:

Sex offender charged with abuse of a corpse after 'deep-fried' body parts found at a masseuse's home | Daily Mail Online

"A registered sex offender from Philadelphia has been arrested in connection with human body parts, including deep-fried hands and feet, that were found in the back of a U-Haul truck, inside a burglarized home and in a dumpster.

Taray Herring, 47, was arraigned on Saturday on abuse of a corpse and burglary charges, as well as counts of criminal trespass, theft, and evidence-tampering. He was ordered held without bail."

"Records indicate that Herring has a lengthy criminal record dating back to 2001, which includes convictions for aggravated assault, indecent assault, harassment and simple assault.

In 2015, he was found guilty of indecent assault and harassment stemming from a 2013 incident, and was sentenced to nine to 18 months, but was immediately paroled. He was also registered as a sex offender.

Herring got in trouble with the law again in May 2020, when he was arrested on charges of burglary, criminal trespass, and theft. That case against him is still pending."

Grisly discovery of body parts in U-Haul, dumpsters leaves friends shocked as police investigate

"According to court documents, Taray Herring told detectives Gerold was killed during a botched robbery carried out by his ex-girlfriend and her new beau.

He said he invited them into the house, then left them there and when he returned, Gerold was on the floor, bleeding from the head and not moving.

He later recanted, according to court documents, telling detectives he was angry at the couple because they took things from the house and Gerold’s Ford Expedition SUV and did not return, leaving him alone with the body.

Herring, a registered sex offender, has another open burglary case and previous convictions on charges including unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, indecent assault, and aggravated assault. He spent about half of his adult life behind bars, including serving about 14 years in state prison on aggravated assault and indecent assault cases, prison records show."

‘No body, no crime,’ suspect allegedly said after killing a Northeast Philly man and dismembering him

Updated Apr 12, 2021

"Peter Gerold, a massage therapist from Northeast Philadelphia whose body was found in the back of a U-Haul truck in February, was tased, beaten, and choked to death before being dismembered in his home, according to newly obtained court documents.

Taray Herring, 47, of Northeast Philadelphia, and his former girlfriend, Jeanette Pace, 42, of Ventnor, are charged with murder, conspiracy, and possession of an instrument of crime in Gerold’s death. Herring had worked for Gerold, helping take care of his numerous pets including parrots, tortoises, bearded dragon lizards, dogs, and koi.

A third person, Rafique McNichols, Pace’s new boyfriend, faces burglary charges in the case, but has not been charged in connection with Gerold’s death. On Monday, the 39-year-old Ventnor resident waived his right to a preliminary hearing; Municipal Court Judge Joffie Pittman III ordered him held for trial and kept his bail at $500,000."

"He said he cooked parts of the body in hot oil in attempts to remove the victim’s DNA, and then disposed of the body in various dumpsters, the records state. He also told detectives that he contacted Pace and McNichols to help him steal things from the home.

McNichols allegedly told authorities Pace told him Herring tased Gerold and, after he fell, Pace and Herring bound Gerold’s hands and ankles with tape.

“Why are you doing this to me, Taray? I tried to help you,” Gerold allegedly said, according to McNichols."

No security cameras from surrounding buildings? I have Twelve IR cameras giving me a view of not only the road (time stamp for cars passing) also every inch of my property is under video surveillance. Only thing faster than a bullet is a camera. I hope police checked surrounding businesses. I hope there is some leads in this case soon.

No security cameras from surrounding buildings? I have Twelve IR cameras giving me a view of not only the road (time stamp for cars passing) also every inch of my property is under video surveillance. Only thing faster than a bullet is a camera. I hope police checked surrounding businesses. I hope there is some leads in this case soon.
Article mentioned he had heavy surveillance inside (possibly outside as well) - but the device storing the data/ videos is gone. If he lived in a residential area, it might not be surveilled as much. They'd probably have to go door to door to see if anyone else has cameras. Although it sounds like they got their suspect.

Two charged with murder in Northeast Philly case of body parts found in U-Haul

Teray Herring, 47, and Jeanette Pace, 42, also were charged with conspiracy and possession of an instrument of crime in the death of Peter Gerold, 70, police said Monday. Herring and Pace have been in custody on earlier charges.

Police said investigators received DNA results matching items taken from Gerold’s house and to samples from the recovered body parts confirming Gerold’s identity. Police have not said how Gerold was killed.

Two charged with murder in Northeast Philly case of body parts found in U-Haul

Teray Herring, 47, and Jeanette Pace, 42, also were charged with conspiracy and possession of an instrument of crime in the death of Peter Gerold, 70, police said Monday. Herring and Pace have been in custody on earlier charges.

Police said investigators received DNA results matching items taken from Gerold’s house and to samples from the recovered body parts confirming Gerold’s identity. Police have not said how Gerold was killed.

Yeah they stopped these fools up here.

Noticing in my neighborhood the last few months a UHAUL is the new rent a car. Your mode of transportation and ya can clean a home or two out.

Poor Mr. Gerold.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back