PA PA - Philadelphia, Schuylkill River, WhtFem 40-80, UP16625, Dressed Nicely, jewelry, Jul'70

I paid attention to the jewelry. Assuming the stones are black and not super dark red garnets, the choice is small. "Black star" diopsides (but they have to have tiny moving stars in them), or "black star" sapphires - both were popular in the 70es. They could also be black spinel, black tourmaline, black onyx or opal. It would be interesting to find out, as neither is expensive, but they are not one's typically used stones. As to the ring, I can't see much, but if it is gold, could it be mokume gane technique? It is popular now (and can be very beautiful), was appropriated from Japan by Tiffany, but in the 70es, it was heavily obscured. I wonder if it would be possible to find more about the jewelry?

Has anyone found any news articles on this lady or of missing women in July or prior month that might be a possibility? I have not.

Wanted to mention that July 8 was a Wednesday with July 4 Independence Day over the prior weekend. Philadelphia is historically well-know with regards to the US independence with activities in 1970 taking place in the week (called Freedom Week) leading up to the holiday. The Liberty Bell (which rang out the US Independence from Great Britain on July 8, 1776) is less than a couple of miles from where this lady's body was discovered with other historical locations between.

Trolley service was available at the time in the city (both in the historical areas I mention above as well as close to where this lady's body was recovered). This might have made getting around easier for her given her spinal issues and likely associated pain.

The fracture patterns look indicative of severe osteoporosis to me. Not accident related. I guess that would put her into the upper range of the age estimate.
Such fractures lead to chronic severe pain in a person that is very difficult to remedy.
Her spina bifida occulta likely did not give her any symptoms and likely was not even noticed.

Age-related, childhood spent in vitamin D-deprived area (American North), faulty receptor to Vitamin D, postmenopausal, hyperparathyroidism or on one of these drugs. Heck, I am thinking, in 1964, asthma was worse, and steroid inhalers were far from being invented, so even bad asthma could cause it.

(Except for proton pump inhibitors that were introduced in the 80es).

Age-related, childhood spent in vitamin D-deprived area (American North), faulty receptor to Vitamin D, postmenopausal, hyperparathyroidism or on one of these drugs. Heck, I am thinking, in 1964, asthma was worse, and steroid inhalers were far from being invented, so even bad asthma could cause it.

(Except for proton pump inhibitors that were introduced in the 80es).

All possible but everything else about her, face hair style jewelry just scream 60-80 to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back