PA - Porchia Bennett, 3, beaten to death, Philadelphia, 17 Aug 2003

bbmcrae said:
Thanks for all your comments JG. The *advertiser censored* has gotten what he deserves. And Geiger can suffer the rest her of her life in jail. The justice system has done what it is supposed to- speak for a little victim who can't speak for herself.
Thank God the jury got this one right! The only way that I could be happier is if this had never happened in the first place.

ETA: No need to thank me for the comments, bbmcrae ... I should be thanking all of you for letting me vent! :) After seeing this on the news over & over & over and then crying over & over & over, I'm relieved to see it finally conclude. I would have loved for that little baby to have been my little girl. :(

A woman who left her four daughters in the long-term care of a violent drug addict, who abused all four and killed the youngest, was sentenced Friday to 20 to 40 years in prison Friday.

Tiffany Bennett, 29, was also ordered to have no contact with the three surviving girls during that time, according to Cathie Abookire, a spokeswoman for the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office.

Bennett was convicted at trial of four counts each of child endangerment and conspiracy for her role in the August 2003 case, which raised questions about the city’s handling of child-welfare cases.

http://kyw.com/Local News/local_story_189184623.html

I can't imagine living through what those children had to endure. There's nothing bad enough that can happen to the adults who were supposed to be nurturing and loving these children. Thank God the so-called "mother" has been ordered to have no contact with them while she's in prison. It sickens me that there wasn't more to be offered to these children.

Something else struck me while reading about this case. We so often want to jail these defense attorneys along with their clients, but I was thinking about what the prosecutors have to live with. Like the police who investigate these crimes, these horrible cases never leave them. I know we all like to say horrible things about attorneys :cool: , but not all of 'em are aholes.

Jeana (DP) said:
Something else struck me while reading about this case. We so often want to jail these defense attorneys along with their clients, but I was thinking about what the prosecutors have to live with. Like the police who investigate these crimes, these horrible cases never leave them. I know we all like to say horrible things about attorneys :cool: , but not all of 'em are aholes.
I couldn't agree with this statement more. I truly appreciate and respect all of the people that choose to make the quest of justice for strangers their professions. They are angels IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back