PA PA - Richard Petrone, 35, & Danielle Imbo, 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
dmvpenn said:
If the media is looking for juice... there is juice.
That's one of the reasons I posted that article - you and I both know that there's plenty of drama in this story to satisfy the readers/viewers. I don't understand why it hasn't gotten more attention. But you see where the expert says that it's important to keep pushing the media, right? So I guess we know what we have to do; just how do we get the interest after all of this time without so much as ONE clue?

ya know... it felt like 4 days was a life time... I am a :loser:

Meanwhile, you can go to www.richardanddanielle.com

you be required to register... then I have to activate the account. I screen it for fruit loops, so try to use a username that I will know is you :D

meanwhile, called the pharamcy... i took some emtrol to help the nausea, although, i think that term is an understatement for what I am feeling. I really thought I could handle one beer. damn.

JerseyGirl said:
Oh no! Are you kidding? You only had 4 more days to go!!! I can't believe you got sick off of one beer - what a drag. I hope you're feeling better now, and I hope that the next four days pass quickly for ya'. :)

You're so very welcome. It felt right to be there to support you guys. I just wish that there was something more that I could do. Please be sure to keep me posted about what's going on, and ANYTHING you need. There are lots of us strangers that care; I just happen to be local to this case and so had the benefit of being able to attend.

D, you're in my heart. All of you are, especially after meeting you all last night. Really - please - don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else I can do. I wish I could make this situation better for you all. Like I said a while back, I'm with you on this to the end.

BTW, is there an active and on-going discussion on your site? If so, I may sign up there soon in order to stay in the loop without making more work for you.

I'm sorry I didn't get to go to the vigil on Friday night. I heard a little blurb on Greta that sounded like she was going to be there, but I missed her show that night, too.

I hope that everyone keeps pushing and pushing to keep this in the news. I've noticed that I don't see as many signs around lately (like, in the local WaWa's).

I am glad to hear the vigil went well, and that representatives of this forum were there.

I watched Greta's segment on Friday evening, with Richard's father. I just kept shaking my head...it's so perplexing. How could two responsible adults disappear without a trace like that? Greta said their credit cards have not been used, nor their bank accounts. Richard only took half his pay with him that evening. They couldn't have "disappeared themselves", i.e. just took off for another life somewhere, without money.

There were people all around that neighborhood that night. No one saw anything suspicious, like an attempted carjacking, or a tussle,an argument, or anything.

I am concluding that whatever happened to them that night didn't happen in the Abilene's vicinity, but probably back at Danielle's condo. The husband, Joe Imbo, seems very suspicious to me. But he would have needed help (I think) to get control over Richard and Danielle both.

If he did have help, an ideal place to dispose of two people and their vehicle would be in an abandoned coal mine, of which there are plenty in "coal country" up around Scranton, a drive of about 3 hours from Philly.

I think more searches should be done for this couple; maybe someone in the family can get Equusearch involved.

Just my opinions, with lots of prayers offered up for the families of the missing couple, and prayers to St. Jude and St. Anthony that they will be found.

HettyWainsleuth said:
I am concluding that whatever happened to them that night didn't happen in the Abilene's vicinity...
I agree that it must have happened away from Abilene's. However, Richard's vehicle was not seen on the surveillance footage from any of the bridges back into New Jersey. So it seems unlikely that they ever made it back into NJ that night.

HettyWainsleuth said:
I think more searches should be done for this couple; maybe someone in the family can get Equusearch involved.
That's a great idea. I'll look for a link.

ETA: Here it is: Texas EquuSearch Mounted Search and Recovery Team

Peeps,

The surveilleance footage was not conclusive as to whether or not they were seen going across the bridge. I think it is logical that it did happen closer to danielle's apt. And given the circumstances the police waited too long to search are danielle's. Imbo had time to clean up behind his nasty self. check out our web for all these dicussions. We have some spirited conversation around this. www.richardanddanielle.com you will have to register!

And yes, the searches. Lord give me strengh to do that again. Peeps, I think, given it is six months, what exact could be left to find?

JerseyGirl said:
I agree that it must have happened away from Abilene's. However, Richard's vehicle was not seen on the surveillance footage from any of the bridges back into New Jersey. So it seems unlikely that they ever made it back into NJ that night.

That's a great idea. I'll look for a link.

ETA: Here it is: Texas EquuSearch Mounted Search and Recovery Team

dmvpenn said:
The surveilleance footage was not conclusive as to whether or not they were seen going across the bridge.
Thanks for clearing that up. The only time that I've seen the bridge mentioned in articles, it states that his car was not seen going over the bridge, (as if it's factual). This is the first I'm hearing about the footage being inconclusive, (or maybe I'm just not remembering clearly - that's always a distinct possibility).

dmvpenn said:
And yes, the searches. Lord give me strengh to do that again. Peeps, I think, given it is six months, what exact could be left to find?
With Equusearch or some similar organization, you wouldn't be left to doing the searching by yourself. And if that is their specialty, they know the most likely places to search, the most organized way of searching, etc.

Even after 6 months, there are lots of things that can be found whether it's a license plate, a handbag, etc. Clues have been found to cases years after a person has gone missing. Please don't give up - you've done too much work. One or two more phone calls or e-mails never hurts. The worst that can happen is that an organization says no. But give it a try. Let me know if you need my help with any of this. You are also always welcome to pm me.

dmvpenn said:
oh my tired heart. Ok... let me do some emailing...:confused:
I'm so sorry, sweetie. I know it's been such a long time, and you've been working so damned hard. I wish we could somehow make things better or at least a little easier.

The good news is that it's only 2 more days 'til Wednesday! ;)

busted that rule, JG. :slap: I had a few drinks on Sunday and keylime Martini's yesterday. Got through it without incident! ;-)

Off to Toronto. Talk to you soon.

Jerseygirl et al.

I had a good laugh today... re-reading the burlington times article. Man is that story riddle with untruths.

Also, it got back to me the police are surfing my site. Suffice is to say, I hope they are putting on the more logical pieces together from the discourse that goes on.

I still cannot imagine, why Imbo's mother and brother refuse to come clean with the truth about Joe Imbo's relationship with Danielle. They are actually lying. I just don't get it.:banghead:

Going to make some racket over the weekend. Stay Tuned!!!

Thanks so much for the update, dmv.

I'm happy to hear that the police are reading your site. At the same time, it always makes me a little worried to hear that. It makes me wonder if they're grabbing at straws. But please don't worry - in another case I follow, LE reads the forum to look for tips, (and do find them sometimes by concerned posters). And in that case, it seems that LE knows who their suspect is but is just trying to build a case.

I still haven't gotten over to your site to post. I'm going to have to find some time for that soon. I haven't seen the interesting tid-bits of information that are on your message boards. Maybe the reason for this disappearance will be more clear to me once I do.

Well, I'm looking forward to your racket this weekend. Please keep us updated!!!

CourierPostOnline - South Jersey's Web Site

... "Right now, we take strength in each other," said Imbo's mother, Felice Ottobre. "The only truth and fact that we know is that she is a young woman who went on a date and never came home again."

... Dr. Z. Benjamin Blanding, director of health, counseling and psychiatric services at Rowan University, said family and friends of a missing person may experience adjustment disorder or post-traumatic stress syndrome. The anxiety may cause someone to relive his or her initial shock and pain, and rethink what could have been done to change the situation.

"The situation is extremely debilitating for family and friends," he said. Crisis counseling can help to release anger and manage their emotions. It's important to balance staying optimistic and understanding the reality of the situation, said Blanding.

"We recommend that individuals have to take time with themselves," he said.

Another common reaction is depression, which can cause sleeping problems, loss of appetite and loss of interest with daily activities, said Roseanne Dobkin, an instructor of psychiatry at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick.

Reaching out to family and friends for comfort and staying active in the investigation by posting fliers and other activities can help, said Dobkin...

CourierPostOnline - South Jersey's Web Site

... John Appledorn, president of the Citizens Crime Commission of the Delaware Valley, declined to give the number of tips received, but confirmed the influx of calls has slowed...

Cooney said the pair's appearance on America's Most Wanted yielded a lot of calls, but most were not helpful.

"We've had some strange people call," he said.

Police are reinterviewing people they talked to at the beginning of the investigation. Cooney said officials hope new details and leads may emerge through the process...

The police eliminated the possibility that the couple voluntarily disappeared based on their strong ties to family, said Cooney.

Imbo has a 2-year-old son, and Petrone a teenage daughter.

The FBI in Philadelphia and Mount Laurel Police Department are assisting Philadelphia police.

John Ottobre, Imbo's brother, said FBI officials told the family Wednesday they will play a more active role in assisting the police in additional interviews of family, friends and acquaintances.

KYW Newsradio 1060 - News

... a prayer vigil was held in Atco, NJ Tuesday evening for Danielle Imbo.

Danielle's mother, Felice Ottobre, says detectives have come up empty handed:

"There is nothing, not one piece of evidence to indicate that she is not coming home. So I don't understand why anyone would ask us to give up that hope."

She's asking anyone with information about her daughter's disappearance to call the FBI.

Kuznits (a reporter asks) "What's been the most difficult part about this past six months?"

(Ottobre replies) "The missing her. The missing of her presence in our life. She's just a remarkable young woman."

I wonder why police went to this spot in the Delaware in the first place. Was there a tip?

Dmv, I'm very conflicted on this. A part of me doesn't want this to be Richard's truck because I wish that they were okay but a part of me realizes that after all of this time, it's time for some answers.

They said that the activity was stopped due to poor weather conditions. Unfortunately, it looks as if today is going to be bad too. I hope they can get back in there very soon to find out one way or another. My hearts and prayers are with all of you. :blowkiss:

Jerseygirl,

I understand the ambvalnce about the truck being Richards. Part of me has believed all along that the truck was already crushed and in a million pieces. If that were the case, someone has been involved in the cover up and still knows something and hopefully the reward inspires them to come forward.

Also, given that another Dogde truck was stolen off of south street, in all likelihood it is not Richard's.

If it turns out to be Richard's, I will hold out hope that it provides some indications as to what could have gone on here. At the very least, it would reveal that the abduction happened locally.

If it is Richard's truck, I hope u know who is pooping his pants right now. For the love of all good things, justice must be served!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inquisitive11201