GUILTY PA - Sharon Budd critical after rock dropped on car, Milton, 10 July 2014

I have to admit to throwing eggs at cars in my youth. Did get into trouble but thank goodness nobody was hurt. I think most kids don't think about what 'could' happen and the dangers of what they are doing.

The horror for that family seeing their wife/mom suffer so badly.
BBM

I agree, and this is very disturbing. I'm not a Psychologist or Psychiatrist and it's been a loooong time since I took Psychology courses in college but, from what I remember about Piaget's developmental stages, 17- and 18-year-olds should be able to foresee the consequences of their actions. Most people have developed the fundamental ability to think abstractly by the age of 12.

Toddlers begin learning cause and effect when they drop things (like food) from a height and watch it hit the ground. If those teens are still at that stage, then they must be cognitively deficient and I have to wonder why they were allowed to roam unsupervised. I'm not making excuses for the teens, though, because I suspect that their stupidity is the result of pure malice. Maybe they should be required to wear diapers in court .... and then in prison if they don't know how to act their age!

BBM

I agree, and this is very disturbing. I'm not a Psychologist or Psychiatrist and it's been a loooong time since I took Psychology courses in college but, from what I remember about Piaget's developmental stages, 17- and 18-year-olds should be able to foresee the consequences of their actions. Most people have developed the fundamental ability to think abstractly by the age of 12.

Toddlers begin learning cause and effect when they drop things (like food) from a height and watch it hit the ground. If those teens are still at that stage, then they must be cognitively deficient and I have to wonder why they were allowed to roam unsupervised. I'm not making excuses for the teens, though, because I suspect that their stupidity is the result of pure malice. Maybe they should be required to wear diapers in court .... and then in prison if they don't know how to act their age!

:clap:

Oh my god!! This poor woman I cannot even imagine witnessing something like that. I really hope by some miracle she pulls through this. I would like note that my mom and I take the route that they were on ALL the time to visit my Grandfather in a nursing home 30 minutes from the hospital that this woman is currently in. We just traveled to visit him this past Sunday! As a matter of fact at one point Grandfather was actually in Giesinger. And I have a friend whose father is currently there as well.

Faith in humanity restored :loveyou: God bless these people

http://www.dailyitem.com/0100_news/x611416923/Valley-s-heart-lifts-husband-s-spirits

He’s been offered an apartment or house in which to stay while his wife remains hospitalized, each fully stocked with food and other necessities.

He’s received envelopes filled with gift cards, gasoline cards and donations brought to the emergency room by two businessmen, who declined to be identified.
snipped
Valley residents are embracing the family en masse and as their own, calling The Daily Item for information to get gift cards and donations to them.

“I consider our family really good about giving,” Mr. Budd said. “We all looked around today and said we are going to do more. When this is over, we’re going to do more because of this area. The outreach … is over the top.”

And the latest on the Lahr brothers. With pictures, finally.

http://www.dailyitem.com/0100_news/x1736716730/Attorney-2-brothers-didn-t-hurt-passenger

The Lahrs are charged as adults, with felony counts of aggravated assault and conspiracy and seven misdemeanors. Johnson did say one of the other boys would face adult charges.

Aggravated assault automatically will draw adult charges against a juvenile, Johnson said. The difference between aggravated assault — sometimes referred to as failed homicide — and attempted homicide is intent, he said.

Unbelievable! Whoever posted the bail for these two delinquents should have INSTEAD donated the 10% towards the care of Sharon Budd.

The Lahrs are free on bail — Brett at $50,000 and Dylan at $65,000 — a fact that has spurred outrage on The Daily Item’s Facebook page.

Johnson said he, too, is surprised the Lahrs made bail.

But, the BEST news of all is this. This lady is a fighter!

Mrs. Budd, 52, of Uniontown, had her most “hopeful” day Thursday, said her husband, Randy Budd. She responded to him through movement of her head before enduring more than seven hours of facial reconstruction surgery at Geisinger Medical Center, Danville

Thursday marked “the most progress that I’ve seen from her,” Mr. Budd said of his wife. She was able to respond to commands and questions by moving her head “yes” and “no,” a leap from previous days where she could just move fingers or toes

Glad to hear that Sharon appears to be somewhat responsive and that the community is rallying around them. And that there will be charges for the other two boys. Not pleased to hear that the brothers have made bail and the comments by their lawyer which I heard for myself on the Nancy Grace program.

I agree that the additional charges may be drug or underage drinking related.

MOO

WTH is wrong with those kids? And who's enabling them by posting their bond?

This is so heartbreaking. I wish there was something I could do for this woman and her family. Praying for her recovery, bless her heart. <3

These were not "kids" involved in this. The lawyer for the two who were charged (17 & 18 yrs old) was also on the program last night stating that his clients did not throw the rock so that is where this is going. They are not going to be asked to take responsibility and the lawyer will take the stance that no one can prove it was either of his clients who hurt this woman. Apparently there were a group of individuals on the overpass? And they also drove by the scene multiple times...to check out the damage they caused?

Kamille, I watched NG show when the attorney for the teenagers responsible for dropping the rock on Mrs. B's car too. Was it just my imagination or did he seem really defensive, almost angry when JC was asking him questions?

Glad to hear that Sharon appears to be somewhat responsive and that the community is rallying around them. And that there will be charges for the other two boys. Not pleased to hear that the brothers have made bail and the comments by their lawyer which I heard for myself on the Nancy Grace program.

I agree that the additional charges may be drug or underage drinking related.

MOO
It's a shame we don't have laws against STUPIDITY

These were not "kids" involved in this. The lawyer for the two who were charged (17 & 18 yrs old) was also on the program last night stating that his clients did not throw the rock so that is where this is going. They are not going to be asked to take responsibility and the lawyer will take the stance that no one can prove it was either of his clients who hurt this woman. Apparently there were a group of individuals on the overpass? And they also drove by the scene multiple times...to check out the damage they caused?

Kamille, I watched NG show when the attorney for the teenagers responsible for dropping the rock on Mrs. B's car too. Was it just my imagination or did he seem really defensive, almost angry when JC was asking him questions?

Yep, I thought he sounded very condescending.

They are suppose to decide today how to charge the other 2 boys. I think the charges should be the same for all four of them.

Well he is a defense lawyer LOL, but yes. He irritated me from the first words out of his mouth. Not one comment about sympathy for the victim that I can remember. He was very "defensive" and rude IMO.

She lost her right eye. And there's some question about the left. I'm praying so hard they can save her left eye. This is so horrible.

Lot's of information in this article. Sharon's condition is no longer considered life threatening which is great news, but her prognosis regarding the brain injury is still unknown. The two other boys have been charged. They hit a tractor trailer prior to hitting the Budd's car so it was not just a one off to see what would happen. It was intentional to hit a target. A competition? It makes me sick to think about it.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/07/condition_of_woman_hurt_when_r.html

Lot's of information in this article. Sharon's condition is no longer considered life threatening which is great news, but her prognosis regarding the brain injury is still unknown. The two other boys have been charged. They hit a tractor trailer prior to hitting the Budd's car so it was not just a one off to see what would happen. It was intentional to hit a target. A competition? It makes me sick to think about it.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/07/condition_of_woman_hurt_when_r.html

This is great news! :woohoo:

Thanks for posting this article, I searched Sat and Sun and couldn't find anything new.

Tyler G. Porter, 17, of the Milton area, was charged as an adult while a 17-year-old identified only as KLM of the New Columbia area was petitioned into Union County juvenile court.
Wanted to get his name in the thread.

Tyler Porter, 17, charged as an adult

Attachments

• tylerporter.jpg
    tylerporter.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 167
Brett Lahr, 18

Attachments

• brettlahr.jpg
    brettlahr.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 165
Dylan Lahr, 17, charged as an adult

Attachments