GUILTY PA - Sherry Leighty, 21, Altoona, 1 October 1999

Shell, sandman is calling but I hope you are on again tomorrow. You will also find many more members that are willing to help in the AM's. Hope we can help you and yours get answers to finding your sister.

Shell, I am so sorry you are having such a terrible time seeking answers about and for your dear sister.
May I ask-
Was he, and/or his parents originally from the area? Did they , or do they, own land or house(s)?

What type of work did you sister do? What about him, his parents?

So they were estranged- were they still living together or separately?

Did the parents normally take her to work?

Sorry to ask so much, but would love to try to help.

Shell, I am so sorry you are having such a terrible time seeking answers about and for your dear sister.
May I ask-
Was he, and/or his parents originally from the area? Did they , or do they, own land or house(s)?

What type of work did you sister do? What about him, his parents?

So they were estranged- were they still living together or separately?

Did the parents normally take her to work?

Sorry to ask so much, but would love to try to help.

Yes they are originally from here. They own property in another county.

She was staying with her ex & his parents until she could get her own place. So yes, either someone from the house would take her to work or she would walk.

thanks...
Hmm... would it be correct to assume no properties were searched?

:welcome: Shellbellz216
I wish it was under different circumstances, but I hope we can be of some help to you and your family.

Did you ever hear your sister mention Maine? In any context?
Were you familiar with her friends?

did Sherry actually work for Labor Ready, or was she being given work assignments by them? If that, do you have any recollection as to where she had most recently worked??
I see they are on 13th Ave- is that the same place as it was then?

How old are the children now? Do they ask/talk about their mom?

Did you ever hear your sister mention Maine? In any context?
Were you familiar with her friends?

Maine was where the guy she was dating was from but she never said anything about going there; she stopped seeing him before she went missing. I knew most of my sister's friends & everyone I spoke with never said she told them she was leaving town.

did Sherry actually work for Labor Ready, or was she being given work assignments by them? If that, do you have any recollection as to where she had most recently worked??
I see they are on 13th Ave- is that the same place as it was then?

She had to goto Labor Ready to find out where she'd be working that day but she never showed up at Labor Ready. They are located at a different building now from where they were in 1999.

OK so where is this guy she was dating now? Do you know? Local? Out of state? Has he been interviewed by LE?

Do you know if he was in the area at the time she went missing? And if so, did he leave the area shortly after she went missing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back