PA PA - Teresa Rhodes, 13, Greensburg, 27 Sept 1975

All of this information I'm discovering about Teresa is amazing and extremely helpful. I was born in 1977 in Jacksonville, FL. My father, after reading about Teresa in the newspaper, liked the name so much that he decided name me Teri Lynn. Growing up all I knew about her was that she was missing. It wasn't until several years ago that my father told me it was rumored she had ran off with an older man. I didn't discover her given was Teresa until a few years ago when I decided to find out more information about her. Once I started reading articles about what happened the day she went missing, I got hooked. Now, I'm focused on finding out where she is and making sure whoever was involved, if they are still alive, gets the justice they deserve.

Missing over 45 years...

Teresa Lynn Rhodes, 13
Missing since 27 September 1975

Richard, I think it is a possibility that this case may be related to the Lyon Sisters solved Case, like you mentioned previously on this thread.

Teresa Rhodes friend (Linda Parri) was said to 'be threatened', and the last place she saw
Teresa was at a party house owned by a pedophile near 41 Bell Way with unknown individuals.
source: Teresa Rhodes | Whereabouts Still Unknown

Teresa Lynn Rhodes Case makes me recollect the Cheryl Ann Iacovone Case 7-12-77 -Secane and the Wendy Eaton Case, 5-17-75 -Media. The towns of Secane and Media are five miles apart on I-95 in PA. What ghostly trail of documented connections between known pedophiles in relation to these missing girls; can still be found?

Maybe somehow this was an attempt to desecrate the memory of Elizabeth Ann Seton, who was canonized on September 14, 1975, thereupon becoming the first ever saint who had been born in what would become the United States. Apparently, Greensburg has one of the six separate religious congregations that trace their roots to the Sisters of Charity religious community founded by Seton in Emmitsburg. Rhodes went to St. Paul's Middle School, which I think is Catholic. Perhaps that school was tied in its history with Seton (more than the typical Catholic school in America).

North of Westminster (and only north of Westminster), Route 97 and Route 140 were apparently switched January 1, 1979. So old 97 (before 1979) went to (near) Emmitsburg from where the Lyon sisters and Kathy Beatty were abducted/attacked, while new 97 went (starting in 1979) to Gettysburg and by where Tracy King vanished in Littlestown, PA. Maryland apparently first requested the change in 1975 (I don't know when in 1975), a change that to me seems to make sense, since it causes 97 and 140 to go mostly straight through Westminster (rather than both making turns); at the same time US 140 became MD 140 (the Route 9 that the linked article mentions I suppose never came into existence). The only drawback I can think of is that the numbering change kept 140 along its entire length from being roughly the historic Baltimore Pike (one of the few Union supply routes during battle of Gettysburg).

... So old 97 (before 1979) went to (near) Emmitsburg from where the Lyon sisters and Kathy Beatty were abducted/attacked, while new 97 went (starting in 1979) to Gettysburg and by where Tracy King vanished in Littlestown, PA....

The current Highway 97 (called Georgia Ave in Wheaton, Maryland) does indeed run from Wheaton Plaza (where the Lyon sisters went missing) north through Aspen Hill (where Kathy Lynn Beatty was murdered four months later), and on up thru Littlestown and Gettysburg, PA (the area that Tracy King disappeared the same month as the attack on Kathy). It is a possible connecting link to those attacks.

Bumping for Teri, I saw her sister's post on FB and it broke my heart. Maybe somebody should try contacting local police to see if they can call for any witnesses to come forward.

Bumping for Teri, I saw her sister's post on FB and it broke my heart. Maybe somebody should try contacting local police to see if they can call for any witnesses to come forward.

If you don't mind me asking, what did her sister's post say?
Teresa went missing a month after I was born, and I never heard about her disappearance until recent years. (I am a local)

1*Paf5ehQhu3XgGEV9onKdsw.jpeg

Theresa Lynn Rhodes, age 13, Missing since 27 September 1975

LINK:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member