PA PA - Toni Sharpless, 29, Gladwyne, 23 Aug 2009

@Rob774 I'll go back and double check the "dropped a friend off" part. I work with her sister so I'm pretty sure I have my ducks in a row. I'm at 98% the car was dumped in Camden in an attempt to keep any poo from splattering on Philly and to create a false trail.

Philly repressed rape and other crime statistics for years in an attempt to make the city more appealing. That has been reported in the area papers so it's not like it's speculation.

A member of a Philly team is a "sports celebrity" regardless of their status on the team or their performance. They are in the public eye and any shenanigans ends up on the front page.

I double checked. Toni did NOT drop off CJ at home. According to CJ, they got into an argument and Toni and kicked her out of the car shortly after she got in. There is no evidence that the car left the neighborhood with Toni in the drivers seat. There is a high degree of suspicion in a number of circles that CJ was 'influenced" and her story is not accurate, or at least that she knows a lot more than she told LE.

@Trackergd , what is your opinion, and that of the family (if you know) on the letter received claiming a Camden cop killed her and had the car chopped? All of the details were correct as far as VIN #, license plate # etc. and that seems a lot of work for a hoax.

@Trackergd , what is your opinion, and that of the family (if you know) on the letter received claiming a Camden cop killed her and had the car chopped? All of the details were correct as far as VIN #, license plate # etc. and that seems a lot of work for a hoax.

The plate was in Camden about two weeks later…wonder what happened in that time.

The Path Went Chilly released a 2 part episode about Tony's disappearance.

August 23, 2009. Gladwyne, Pennsylvania. 29-year old Toni Lee Sharpless attends a party with her friend, Crystal Johns, but when Toni becomes intoxicated and starts displaying erratic behaviour, both she and Crystal are asked to leave. While driving away, the two friends get into an argument which leads to Crystal being kicked out of the car. This is the last time Toni or her vehicle are ever seen and there is concern that her disappearance might be connected to her struggles with bipolar disorder. Two weeks after Toni goes missing, her car’s licence number is flagged in Camden, New Jersey, and years later, an anonymous letter surfaces which claims that Toni was killed after an altercation with a police officer. Did Toni vanish because she accidentally drove her vehicle into the Schuylkill River? Or did something a lot more sinister happen? On this week’s episode of “The Path Went Chilly”, we cover a tragic missing persons case and explore all the different potential theories.

The Path Went Chilly released a 2 part episode about Tony's disappearance.

August 23, 2009. Gladwyne, Pennsylvania. 29-year old Toni Lee Sharpless attends a party with her friend, Crystal Johns, but when Toni becomes intoxicated and starts displaying erratic behaviour, both she and Crystal are asked to leave. While driving away, the two friends get into an argument which leads to Crystal being kicked out of the car. This is the last time Toni or her vehicle are ever seen and there is concern that her disappearance might be connected to her struggles with bipolar disorder. Two weeks after Toni goes missing, her car’s licence number is flagged in Camden, New Jersey, and years later, an anonymous letter surfaces which claims that Toni was killed after an altercation with a police officer. Did Toni vanish because she accidentally drove her vehicle into the Schuylkill River? Or did something a lot more sinister happen? On this week’s episode of “The Path Went Chilly”, we cover a tragic missing persons case and explore all the different potential theories.
Do we know for sure that Crystal got out of the car? I can’t recall

Do we know for sure that Crystal got out of the car? I can’t recall

Yes, after Toni didn't come back she called someone for a ride home.

Thanks for the link to the Podcast. I'm looking forward to listening. I went to school with Toni and remember when she was pregnant with her daughter. Her daughter is grown and now has a daughter of her own. I think of Toni often and wish for answers for her family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back